• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Profound Thoughts

There are some adults out there that are still " it " from childhood games of tag.

OMFG!! You're right! I never did tag anyone that night...I was by the mulberry tree, thinking of Noreen and those plaid shorts, it was getting dark...I was it. I was it! I was IT!!!....:eek::confused::eek::confused:

It's worse than that WAB. You're still it. You've been it for most of your life. :(

Other than a rigorous search through facebook to try to find one of the other people who were there, and tagging them, I can only suggest It-Therapy.

That said, I don't recall it ever being fully explained what 'it' was. Sure, as kids we all agreed it was something to be gotten out of, but what do kids know?

At the very least, it surely means being special.

Reactions: WAB
There are some adults out there that are still " it " from childhood games of tag.

OMFG!! You're right! I never did tag anyone that night...I was by the mulberry tree, thinking of Noreen and those plaid shorts, it was getting dark...I was it. I was it! I was IT!!!....:eek::confused::eek::confused:

It's worse than that WAB. You're still it. You've been it for most of your life. :(

Other than a rigorous search through facebook to try to find one of the other people who were there, and tagging them, I can only suggest It-Therapy.

That said, I don't recall it ever being fully explained what 'it' was. Sure, as kids we all agreed it was something to be gotten out of, but what do kids know?

At the very least, it surely means being special.

It is the larval form of They.
The ubiquitous THEY are made up of the last It in every neighborhood

Whenever I see a commercial with a woman relaxing in a tub with cucumber slices on her eyes, I wonder where the rest of the cucumber is.

When I was a kid we didn't have video games. We had to go out and catch a hedgehog, paint it blue, and give it cocaine.

The Men That Don't Fit In.

By Robert W. Service

''There's a race of men that don't fit in,
A race that can't stay still;
So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
And they roam the world at will.
They range the field and they rove the flood,
And they climb the mountain's crest;
Theirs is the curse of the gypsy blood,
And they don't know how to rest.

If they just went straight they might go far;
They are strong and brave and true;
But they're always tired of the things that are,
And they want the strange and new.
They say: "Could I find my proper groove,
What a deep mark I would make!"
So they chop and change, and each fresh move
Is only a fresh mistake.

And each forgets, as he strips and runs
With a brilliant, fitful pace,
It's the steady, quiet, plodding ones
Who win in the lifelong race.
And each forgets that his youth has fled,
Forgets that his prime is past,
Till he stands one day, with a hope that's dead,
In the glare of the truth at last.

He has failed, he has failed; he has missed his chance;
He has just done things by half.
Life's been a jolly good joke on him,
And now is the time to laugh.
Ha, ha! He is one of the Legion Lost;
He was never meant to win;
He's a rolling stone, and it's bred in the bone;
He's a man who won't fit in.''

Facts of life for beta males:

1) Women want to see Harrison Ford cry.
2) Women do not want to see Woody Allen cry.

I really don't think I should have to attend the safety training TOMORROW about something I did YESTERDAY. I mean, I already know how it ends.

Imagine how much sound a centipede would make if they wore tiny flip flops.

We take it for granted today, but a single Dorito has more extreme nacho flavor than a peasant in the 1,400s would get in his whole lifetime.

Wonder how frustrating it is to be a law abiding citizen of Oregon who can finally own cocaine but can't buy a straw.

I don't think I've ever used a straw, always a rolled up thousand dollar bill.

Not really.

Of course I'm an organ donor. Who wouldn't want a piece of this?

I try to masturbate once a day for the health benefits.

The other four times are just for me.

Jesus invited prostitutes to dine with him and he's the light of the world.

I do it and I'm "making Thanksgiving awkward."

Putting Alka-Seltzer in your mouth before staggering into Walmart and shouting “The virus has mutated!” is frowned upon and is not considered funny.

Don't ask how I know this.

Back
Top Bottom