• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Rape victim ordered to pay her abuser child support

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was given probation for voluntary manslaughter
I.e. she got away with murder and only got a slap on the wrist.
committed against one of her rapists while she was a trafficked minor.
That, even if true (mere self-serving claims do not prove anything) does not justify murdering somebody.
We went over that when we discussed the case of that woman in Tennessee who robbed and murdered a man in cold blood. At least she served a few years in prison before she was unjustly released though.
So no, she is not a convicted murderer.
Female privilege. Just like with Nikki Redmond, Mary Winkler and countless others.
Sure Derek. 15 year old forced into prostitution eventually snaps when she comes to after being raped yet again and...shoots her rapist. Nothing at all to see here. Perfectly legitimate to force a 15 year old to go down the hall to turn some tricks so you can get some more pot. Perfectly fine to force a 15 year old to drink to the point of passing out and then have rape her. She female. She black. She guilty of..something. At the very least of being black and female. I mean a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do.

You're right though: we did talk about the subject of trafficked teenagers killing their rapists. You were wrong before and you continue to be wrong.

That, even if true (mere self-serving claims do not prove anything) does not justify murdering somebody.
We went over that when we discussed the case of that woman in Tennessee who robbed and murdered a man in cold blood. At least she served a few years in prison before she was unjustly released though.
Female privilege. Just like with Nikki Redmond, Mary Winkler and countless others.
Sure Derek. 15 year old forced into prostitution eventually snaps when she comes to after being raped yet again and...shoots her rapist. Nothing at all to see here. Perfectly legitimate to force a 15 year old to go down the hall to turn some tricks so you can get some more pot. Perfectly fine to force a 15 year old to drink to the point of passing out and then have rape her. She female. She black. She guilty of..something. At the very least of being black and female. I mean a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do.

Sure, Toni. Derec said and believes all the things you claim above.

His posting history is his posting history.

His posting history is his posting history.
Let's start with a single sentence:

Perfectly legitimate to force a 15 year old to go down the hall to turn some tricks so you can get some more pot.
Where has Derec claimed that?

Actually Derec just says he believes the woman is lying about the abuse. Derec mentions that women lie all the time, including about rape. A jury didn't find that the woman lied, but Derec still thinks she lied. It's his schtick.

Actually Derec just says he believes the woman is lying about the abuse. Derec mentions that women lie all the time, including about rape. A jury didn't find that the woman lied, but Derec still thinks she lied. It's his schtick.
A recurrent theme for sure. Not surprising though. A certain amount of rejection would lead to that point. Of course it would be more constructive IMO to examine oneself for the reasons* for the rejection, rather than ascribe negative qualities to over half of humanity… but YMMV. I just find it sad.

* Not buying that it’s all about physical appeal

Derec thinking a woman lied about abuse does not mean he thinks "Perfectly legitimate to force a 15 year old to go down the hall to turn some tricks so you can get some more pot." It just doesn't. You can't get from A to B.

A recurrent theme for sure. Not surprising though. A certain amount of rejection would lead to that point. Of course it would be more constructive IMO to examine oneself for the reasons* for the rejection, rather than ascribe negative qualities to over half of humanity… but YMMV. I just find it sad.

* Not buying that it’s all about physical appeal
Derec also seems unimpressed by the fact that legally, a person under 18 cannot engage in prostitution: it is considered rape of a minor. Derec does not seem to consider being abused by a domestic partner or sex partner as just cause to respond with violence. One of the cases he cites above, a woman fired a gun to scare her lover but the bullet ricocheted off of a car or motor cycle or something, and struck him in the buttocks. Normally not a fatal wound. But unfortunately, that bullet also nicked the femoral artery and the man died. I believe the woman was convicted of manslaughter, which Derec finds too light a sentence. I honestly don't have the time (or interest) to go back and look up that case. In another, a woman killed her abusive husband while he slept. Amazingly, the jury did not find her guilty of murder but of some form of manslaughter (I think--again, I'm not going to look up that case) and she received an extremely light sentence--which she publicly has said she thought she deserved harsher punishment.

Derec is very silent about men who get away with murder, or murder of an intimate partner or of a prostitute. Unless the victim is a (white) male and the shooter is black.

Derec thinking a woman lied about abuse does not mean he thinks "Perfectly legitimate to force a 15 year old to go down the hall to turn some tricks so you can get some more pot." It just doesn't. You can't get from A to B.
Coercion of a minor into prostitution is illegal and considered abuse in and of itself.

Derec is very silent about men who get away with murder, or murder of an intimate partner or of a prostitute.

There are women and organisations who do nothing but count the number of women who are victims of male intimate partner abuse. There are websites devoted to it. I don't see you kvetching that these websites spend zero time advocating for the male victims of female intimate partner violence.

Derec thinks the light sentences women get for killing men is an issue worth talking about. Why should he talk about what you want him to talk about?

Coercion of a minor into prostitution is illegal and considered abuse in and of itself.

I can only repeat what I already wrote. Your reasoning is faulty.

If somebody else can explain to Toni why her reasoning is faulty, please go ahead.

If somebody else can explain to Toni why her reasoning is faulty, please go ahead.
My reasoning is not faulty. You, however, seem to be engaging in one of your delightful word games where you get to decide to interpret things literally in a way that helps you make whatever point you wish to make. You can play with yourself. I'm not interested.

Derec is very silent about men who get away with murder, or murder of an intimate partner or of a prostitute.

There are women and organisations who do nothing but count the number of women who are victims of male intimate partner abuse. There are websites devoted to it. I don't see you kvetching that these websites spend zero time advocating for the male victims of female intimate partner violence.

Derec thinks the light sentences women get for killing men is an issue worth talking about. Why should he talk about what you want him to talk about?
I am aware that there are organizations which track abuse of women, of sex workers, of children.

I don't care what Derec does or does not comment or post about. I actually have no problem with Derec's posting although he and I almost always vehemently disagree with each other.

I do want to apologize to Derec for talking about him. If a mod wants to clean this up, I have no objections and I offer apologies to them as well.

My reasoning is not faulty.

You, however, seem to be engaging in one of your delightful word games where you get to decide to interpret things literally in a way that helps you make whatever point you wish to make. You can play with yourself. I'm not interested.

You, however, seem to be engaging in one of your delightful word games where you get to decide to interpret things literally in a way that helps you make whatever point you wish to make. You can play with yourself. I'm not interested.
It does when that is (part) of the abuse alleged.

No, it does not.

First, you claim Derec simply does not believe her story. That means he does not think the girl was 'forced to go down the hall to turn some tricks'. If you don't believe that happened, that does not mean you think it's okay if it happened. It does not mean you condone it happening. It means you don't believe it happened, and nothing further.

I don't believe Jussie Smollett was attacked that winter morning by two MAGA-hat wearing thugs. That doesn't mean I think it's okay to attack people on the street.

No, it does not.

First, you claim Derec simply does not believe her story. That means he does not think the girl was 'forced to go down the hall to turn some tricks'. If you don't believe that happened, that does not mean you think it's okay if it happened. It does not mean you condone it happening. It means you don't believe it happened, and nothing further.

I don't believe Jussie Smollett was attacked that winter morning by two MAGA-hat wearing thugs. That doesn't mean I think it's okay to attack people on the street.
No, I did not make such an allegation. I stated that he disbelieves women are abused abc in the past this has been extended
to teenagers forced into prostitution.

No, it does not.

No, I did not make such an allegation. I stated that he disbelieves women are abused abc in the past this has been extended
to teenagers forced into prostitution.
So...what? If he doesn't believe this teenager's story, how does that mean he condones what she alleges happened to her?

Sure. What I said is accurate. A is A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom