• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Real Men: The Flip Side

It's sexy. But I am the guy on the right. Totally.

Also, PM me your credit card number.

We often forget how men are portrayed in the media, super-business men, 100% sports fans, ripped sex machines.

Let's take a look at real men v what the media portrays: :)
http://m.9gag.com/gag/apqO0RM?ref=fb.s

This is a point I often make when women talk about unrealistic expectations created by photoshopped models in advertising. Men have to compete with Jockey models. Of course the reason Jockey uses buffed ab encrusted models is because they know most men's underwear is actually purchased by women.

There was a time when I would have fit comfortably on the right side of the screen. I still go to the gym and work out, but not with the same intensity as 30 years ago. My biggest problem with shedding the 20 pounds that stand between me and a place on the Chippendale senior tour is that whispered betrayal I hear in my mind about 4 minutes into the run and the kneecaps are starting to ache, "I sleep with a woman every night. Why am I doing this?"

I found all the guys on the left to be more attractive than the guys on the right.

To me, guys who look like that are slaves to their bodies. I could be wrong. I have never liked that totally toned, buff look in a bloke. I want a little something to cuddle and snuggle with. Rock hard abs are dreadfully uncomfortable.

I found all the guys on the left to be more attractive than the guys on the right.

To me, guys who look like that are slaves to their bodies. I could be wrong. I have never liked that totally toned, buff look in a bloke. I want a little something to cuddle and snuggle with. Rock hard abs are dreadfully uncomfortable.

I feel the same way about rock hard pecs on a woman.

I'm addicted to cycling. I can't help the way I look. So what, I should stop wearing bib shorts now so I look like all the other fifty year olds? Well I'm not going to do it. Those so called ladies can whistle at my ass all they want.

I had you up until that last statement, didn't I?:moonie:

I feel the same way about rock hard pecs on a woman.
I am not into women, but I totally agree.

We often forget how men are portrayed in the media, super-business men, 100% sports fans, ripped sex machines.

Let's take a look at real men v what the media portrays: :)
http://m.9gag.com/gag/apqO0RM?ref=fb.s
And the media portrayed "super business men, 100% sports fans, ripped sex machines" male image has been cultivated via the assuming cliche that women are always attracted to that type of male versus the "real men". That somehow women always sacrifice qualities in a male such as personality and character at the altar of aesthetics. Many of us women know that to not be true.

As far as personal preferences go, I have always been attracted to males based on their personality and character. The pleasantly plump appearance was never a deterrent. The absence of pecs and muscled arms and legs was never a deterrent. The absence of being a sensitive, perspicacious and sensible (common sense) male has definitely been a deterrent.

When we look at advertised products such as cars, sporty vehicles are driven in the ad by the "media portrayed male" or the media portrayed female both projecting an impeccably physically fit body and pretty boy or pretty girl. Somehow the consumers who do not fit that image might feel included in that circle of aesthetically irreproachable individuals when they give in to purchasing a sporty car. Aesthetics also prevail in the advertising of family vehicles with the added spice of what the "ideal family" is to look like : physically fit mom and dad, a boy and a girl as kids and the...pet. Preferably a Golden Retriever or a Labrador. No physically unfit or pleasantly plump actors allowed and no mutt.

On the contrary, the comparison could read: Men with children vs. Men without. (Beckham excluded on account of being a professional athlete).

I'd say 93.7% of the guys at my gym are built like those on the left.

"rock hard" is just a metaphor. If you sat on a set of properly toned abs, he could bounce you like a quarter tossed on a tight bed sheet. Not that any man would want to do that, but it's the kind of talent that comes in handy for other uses.

I prefer all the men on the left, particularly the big bald guy. The cut guys on the right are a complete turn off to me.

Those underwear models aren't half as attractive as these guys:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom