• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Religion science

A
Exactly where are atheists killing in the name of nothing?

Science is an ignorant creation
He said on the internet....
Let’s start with in the Ukraine.. then add every other country where people are being killed for any reason. Because everyone thinks their acts of killing others is for the right reason. To advance their own personal opinions of what is right.
I asked for support of your claim that atheists are "arguing fighting and killing in the name of god. Or lack there of." You don't agree with people being killed, fine. Doesn't support a claim that atheists are killing over the argument.
Certainly doesn't explain the fight in the Ukraine.
All fighting is a product of ignorance.
All of it? Even the participants acting in self-defense?
How do you establish this as a fact?

If we all knew the truth we would not be fighting.
What do you mean by 'we,' though, as you appear to think there's only one being?
Truth? What is truth? Instead of seeking the truth we try and force our perception of truth into others.
Well, you're certainly not forcing any truth upon anyone else.

Ukraine? Will joining nato cause a power struggle .. of course it will..
And...that's bad? I mean, there's a power struggle there right now. Would the NATO-joining struggle have been better or worse than shelling hospitals?
And how would you know?

atheists? There are no atheists.. the atheists god is the belief that there is no god… BELIEF is the definition of god and religion ..
Um, no. That's not the definition of god, or religion. If you're just going to throw darts at the wall and say, 'There, that's a definition!' there's nothing for us to do but point and giggle.

I think therefore I am..
How do you know this to be true? How come breathing, eating, shitting, dancing, paying bills are not sufficient to prove to you that you're real, but thought is? Why do you assume thought can't be part of the greater illusion?
but what do I choose to think?
I really can't tell.
What belief motivates or CONTROLS MY ACTIONS?
Looking like a desire to be special is the biggest.

Ukrainians are people being manipulated from two sources trying to control their economic survival…
I think they're a little more concerned with artillery, right now, than their stock market.

Religion is a disgusting creation of theists and atheists arguing fighting and killing in the name of god. Or lack there of.
I very much disagree.
Religion can be that. But not usually.
Usually it's a form of fiction that reinforces the world view of whoever holds it. Sometimes that's a good thing, although obviously not always.

Science is an ignorant creation that stops at the physical perception of our existence ignoring the subatomic electromagnetic energy waves of our non physical existence.
This is nonsense.
Science is imperfect and limited. It is also the human race's best effort to understand objective reality to date.
Before the scientific method, the usual method was the religious method. Somebody claims to speak for God(s) and if they can acquire enough authority their unsupported assertions become truth. Science is definitely better than that.

Here is my understanding...
You've repeated this several times already in different posts. It's starting to look entirely like "proselytizing". IIDB does have a rule against proselytizing.
Just a friendly bit of advice.
Tom
Are you speaking of the science that just invents a “p” into the E=mc2 because they do not understand that mass is just the relationship between Energy and c2 transpose to solve for mass m=E/c2 neither of which has any physical property. m=0 Physical is jus a perception of energy.consciousness is just a perception of reality…. I think therefore I am.. or as the god of the bible said to Moses “Tell them I AM has sent you” …. Clarified … 1: we realized we exist
2: we had no idea what where why how we exist
3: we use the word god to represent our ignorance
4: we created the god that created us in order to explain our existence.
ANY OTHER QUESTIONS…??
Not quite right.

Mass is defined in the Systems International standard for measurements and units.

Einstein deduced the rest mass' meaning not revivals, energy to be m*C2.

Energy does not define mass, it is a property of mass. Energy has no independent existence it is a unit of measurement in Joules. Energy is the capacity to work work is Force * Distance force in Newtons and distance in meters, units in Joules. Forece being mass * acceleration.

1 Joule of energy = 1m/s * 1kg.

Gravitational Newtonian energy = m* g where g is 9.8 m/s.

The total energy of an object Etotal = m*C^2 + 0.5 m*v^2 where .5*m*v^2 is the kinetic energy and v is velocity. Kinteic enerfy is reative to inertial frames.

If you have any questions see me after cals....
I don’t care what mass is defined as. The formula speaks for itself. Mass is simply the perception of energy in terms of velocity. An object at rest has no mass… also objects are a perception of subatomic electromagnetic energy waves aka consciousness. I think therefore I am.. just a perception of my thoughts. Which are firing synapses.. electromagnetic energy.. not a physical reality.. you need to learn to think beyond the physical and beyond the quantum physical to the actual sub atomic reality of the forces that create the perception we call atoms. Positive and negative like a magnet .. two magnets of the same polarity repel each other with no thing physical between them.
Think in those terms in the lowest terms “SUB” atomic energy.what arecleptons quarks and bosons comprised of … THINK FOR YOURSELF stop regurgitating old physics books .. ignore quantum physics books because there is nothing physical…. It’s a perception of energy in relation to velocity. 0 velocity 0 energy 0 consciousness..
But energy cannot be created or destroyed it just keeps changing form…. I THINK.. pun intended.
Is there a video or author you are reading? Scifi author?

As I said this gets into perception and metaphysics which have been debated at length on he philosophy forum. Objective realuty vs subjective perceptions.

The brain is physical and unless you argue mind independent of brain our perceptions are in the brain.

We take science to be objective in that it is based on the standrds for the mere, kilogram, and second the MKS ayatem. Our quatifiable observations of reality are in terms of he MKS system.

What reality 'is' and how close are our models to it is not an answerable question. There are no possible absolutes.

And then the metaphysics and perceptions begins without resolution. Mostly debate over semantics and definitions.

When I say energy it is not a subjective perception, It is a measurable quantity in Joules. The gas in your car has enegy in Joules/liter. That means ignoring losses you car can do x Joules of work by moving.

Have you had a class in physics?

Energy can not be created or destroyed form Laws Of Thermodynamics applies to bounded systems. A bounded system coud be a car, a refrigerator, your body, or the sun.

In simplisti terms if yiou are dring an electric vehcle the charge on yiur battery can not increas as yiu drive unless negy is spllied form out side the car. A charge, energy, in the battery can not appear from nothing. The enrrgy in the battery in charhe can not disppear into nothing.

Energy is a relative state or property of matter. Falling water has gravitational energy.

On the scale of the universe it is not known how or if Laws Of Thermodynamics and conservation would apply. On can freely crete pseudoscience. It is called science fiction.

Just because you are not intelligent enough to understand the concepts being expressed does not make them gobley gook… it just means you are ignorant.
Just because your ideas are not being well-received doesn't make anyone else less intelligent. It's quite possible you're just overimpressed by your own gobbledygook.

I mean, i really don't understand why you think thoughts cannot be part of the simulation.

Just because you are not intelligent enough to understand the concepts being expressed does not make them gobley gook… it just means you are ignorant.

I freely admit my own ignorance about such abstract physics. But you've not given me much reason to think you know much more.

I think it was Samuel Clemens that said, "Better to remain silent and be thought ignorant than to speak and remove all doubt."
Tom

Religion is a disgusting creation of theists and atheists arguing fighting and killing in the name of god. Or lack there of.
Science is an ignorant creation that stops at the physical perception of our existence ignoring the subatomic electromagnetic energy waves of our non physical existence.
Here is my understanding.
Hi . I have been researching for many years and I believe I have the answers for you.
What who when how and why we exist.
I will try a short summary of my conclusions.
1.deconstruction… flesh>atoms>subatomic particles >
Subatomic electromagnetic energy waves > consciousness…..
2. Physical is just a perception of vibrating energy.
10011100011 angstroms decibels firing synapses > all just subatomic electromagnetic energy waves.
We are a singularity that is creating our consciousness by vibrating.
I think therefore I am.. everything is a product of our thinking.
There is more such as the past is over doesn’t exist anymore > the future doesn’t exist yet.
Only now ever exists.. now after now .. we are an ever expanding singularity consciousness.
Energy cannot be created or destroyed so the purpose of the universe is to make our existence as a singularity (1) in a universe of nothingness (0) 1100011100
A more enjoyable experience…. Eternity is a long time to be lonely and bored.
I don't see anything about religion vs science.

More a mix of pseudoscience and metaphysics. We have member who insists we are in a simulation,.

Energy cannot be created or destroyed so the purpose of the universe is to make our existence as a singularity (1) in a universe of nothingness (0) 1100011100

Non Sequitur, no connection between premise and conclusion. And a bit of gobbledygook.

Beware The Jabberwocky.
Oh yeah… gobley gook? Please be specific and I will clarify the alleged “gobbley gook” for you.

I freely admit my own ignorance about such abstract physics. But you've not given me much reason to think you know much more.

I think it was Samuel Clemens that said, "Better to remain silent and be thought ignorant than to speak and remove all doubt."
Tom
I don’t know anything and if you read my messages that actually say all I know is (1) I am and (0) answers to the unanswerable questions of what am I how where when why am I ?
100111000111 we are all just ignorant vibrating energy… a binary system creating our existence from a singularity. Please think in terms of concepts and context of the content.

Just because your ideas are not being well-received doesn't make anyone else less intelligent. It's quite possible you're just overimpressed by your own gobbledygook.

I mean, i really don't understand why you think thoughts cannot be part of the simulation.
Everything is part of the simulation if you consider the singularity (1) I am, everything else is a product of my thinking. Trying to find meaning in an existence that has none (0)
Add the fact that the past does not exist anymore. The future does not exist yet. Only now ever exists as a ever changing ever expanding now (1) After 1 after 1 vibrating to communicate and create its existence. 1000111000
I think therefore I know I am. Everything else is a product of my thoughts…

Of course my ideas are not well received because people just regurgitate what they read in their science and religious text books. Instead of using evidence logic and reason to come up with NEW understanding….

I very much disagree.
Usually it's a form of fiction that reinforces the world view of whoever holds it. Sometimes that's a good thing, although obviously not always.

This is nonsense.
Science is imperfect and limited. It is also the human race's best effort to understand objective reality to date.
Before the scientific method, the usual method was the religious method. Somebody claims to speak for God(s) and if they can acquire enough authority their unsupported assertions become truth. Science is definitely better than that.

You've repeated this several times already in different posts. It's starting to look entirely like "proselytizing". IIDB does have a rule against proselytizing.
Tom
Are you speaking of the science that just invents a “p” into the E=mc2 because they do not understand that mass is just the relationship between Energy and c2 transpose to solve for mass m=E/c2 neither of which has any physical property. m=0 Physical is jus a perception of energy.consciousness is just a perception of reality…. I think therefore I am.. or as the god of the bible said to Moses “Tell them I AM has sent you” …. Clarified … 1: we realized we exist
ANY OTHER QUESTIONS…??
Not quite right.

Mass is defined in the Systems International standard for measurements and units.

Energy does not define mass, it is a property of mass. Energy has no independent existence it is a unit of measurement in Joules. Energy is the capacity to work work is Force * Distance force in Newtons and distance in meters, units in Joules. Forece being mass * acceleration.

The total energy of an object Etotal = m*C^2 + 0.5 m*v^2 where .5*m*v^2 is the kinetic energy and v is velocity. Kinteic enerfy is reative to inertial frames.

I don’t care what mass is defined as. The formula speaks for itself. Mass is simply the perception of energy in terms of velocity. An object at rest has no mass… also objects are a perception of subatomic electromagnetic energy waves aka consciousness. I think therefore I am.. just a perception of my thoughts. Which are firing synapses.. electromagnetic energy.. not a physical reality.. you need to learn to think beyond the physical and beyond the quantum physical to the actual sub atomic reality of the forces that create the perception we call atoms. Positive and negative like a magnet .. two magnets of the same polarity repel each other with no thing physical between them.
Think in those terms in the lowest terms “SUB” atomic energy.what arecleptons quarks and bosons comprised of … THINK FOR YOURSELF stop regurgitating old physics books .. ignore quantum physics books because there is nothing physical…. It’s a perception of energy in relation to velocity. 0 velocity 0 energy 0 consciousness..
But energy cannot be created or destroyed it just keeps changing form…. I THINK.. pun intended.

As I said this gets into perception and metaphysics which have been debated at length on he philosophy forum. Objective realuty vs subjective perceptions.

The brain is physical and unless you argue mind independent of brain our perceptions are in the brain.

We take science to be objective in that it is based on the standrds for the mere, kilogram, and second the MKS ayatem. Our quatifiable observations of reality are in terms of he MKS system.

What reality 'is' and how close are our models to it is not an answerable question. There are no possible absolutes.

And then the metaphysics and perceptions begins without resolution. Mostly debate over semantics and definitions.

When I say energy it is not a subjective perception, It is a measurable quantity in Joules. The gas in your car has enegy in Joules/liter. That means ignoring losses you car can do x Joules of work by moving.

Energy can not be created or destroyed form Laws Of Thermodynamics applies to bounded systems. A bounded system coud be a car, a refrigerator, your body, or the sun.

In simplisti terms if yiou are dring an electric vehcle the charge on yiur battery can not increas as yiu drive unless negy is spllied form out side the car. A charge, energy, in the battery can not appear from nothing. The enrrgy in the battery in charhe can not disppear into nothing.

Energy is a relative state or property of matter. Falling water has gravitational energy.

On the scale of the universe it is not known how or if Laws Of Thermodynamics and conservation would apply. On can freely crete pseudoscience. It is called science fiction.
One of the problems of physics classes is you are just regurgitating ignorant assertions you read in science books .. no better than regurgitating assertions you read in religious books… THINK.. use logic reasoning and evidence. But instead you refuse to go beyond the physical perception of reality to the subatomic electromagnetic energy waves.. still being ignored in favour of the quantum gobley gook. We create The perception of reality like this.. 10011100011-00
(1) I think therefore I am.. questions who what where why how am I? (0) answers .
A singularity consciousness vibrating and creating a perception of a physical reality.
Sight angstroms vibrating energy
Sounds decibels vibrating energy
And all organized by firing synapses vibrating energy… to create and communicate the sum total of our existence…
(1) good consequences repeat
(0) not good consequences do not repeat.
And as Einstein put it , insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
E=mc2
Mass = energy divided by velocity
If electrons stop moving there is no perception of a physical reality.
Energy cannot be created or destroyed.
START THINKING FOR YOURSELF
stop just regurgitating the assertions you are reading.

I very much disagree.

This is nonsense.

Tom
ANY OTHER QUESTIONS…??
Not quite right.

Laws of thermodynamics do not apply anywhere because everything is just a product of our consciousness or thoughts I think therefore I am.
Everything is also just a creation and communication of our consciousness.
Atoms .. subatomic electromagnetic energy waves… 10001110001
(1) consciousness vibrating in a universe of
nothingness (0)

I very much disagree.

This is nonsense.

Tom
ANY OTHER QUESTIONS…??
Not quite right.

Oh yeah how long ago was space travel considered “Science FICTION”??
give us the eternity of an ever expanding ever changing consciousness and I am sure we can “THINK” up an even more enjoyable existence.

Laws of thermodynamics do not apply anywhere because everything is just a product of our consciousness or thoughts I think therefore I am.
nothingness (0)

Sorry dude.
This is looking entirely like nonsense, to me.
"Atoms .. subatomic electromagnetic energy waves… 10001110001" makes no sense to me.
Tom

nothingness (0)

Sorry dude.
This is looking entirely like nonsense, to me.
"Atoms .. subatomic electromagnetic energy waves… 10001110001" makes no sense to me.
Tom
Okay then . Go back to school and study what atoms consist of but do not stop at matter. Continue to explain exactly what leptons quarks muons and bosons are EXACTLY.
Lazy physicists just threw a (p) into Einstein theory of relativity .. which I am not surprised is nonsense to you. Only just now physicists are starting to look into what they refer to as “quantum” sadly they still think subatomic electromagnetic energy waves are physical instead of forces.. like the force that holds two like magnetic poles apart.

Everything is part of the simulation if you consider the singularity (1) I am, everything else is a product of my thinking. Trying to find meaning in an existence that has none (0)
You're still just over-impressed by your own thinking. The fact of it and the content.
Reiterating think = am is not even an argument, more like tge office idiot repeating a punchline to everyone who did not laigh. We get the joke, we just don't find it amusing.
I think therefore I know I am.
Which might be more compelling if the 'i know' was not simply a part of the 'i think.'

Of course my ideas are not well received because people just regurgitate what they read in their science and religious text books. Instead of using evidence logic and reason to come up with NEW understanding….

...says the guy who just keeps reiterating "i think therefore i am," which is not even original to you.

You're still just over-impressed by your own thinking. The fact of it and the content.
Reiterating think = am is not even an argument, more like tge office idiot repeating a punchline to everyone who did not laigh. We get the joke, we just don't find it amusing.
I think therefore I know I am.
Which might be more compelling if the 'i know' was not simply a part of the 'i think.'
The I KNOW was to emphasize that was more than just an idea a guess , it was based on evidence because of personal observation and experience. I know I am but everything else is just a product of my thoughts or consciousness.

sadly they still think subatomic electromagnetic energy waves are physical instead of forces.. like the force that holds two like magnetic poles apart.

What is it you think 'electromagnetic' means?
Exactly what it says. Magnetism caused by the flow of electrons. We can create a Magnet using the flow of electrons. … an atom is a nucleus which has electrons flow around it. Two magnets will create a force when the like poles are put together.

...says the guy who just keeps reiterating "i think therefore i am," which is not even original to you.
Here is another reference to the concept of I think therefore I am… when asked who’s shall I say sent me, God told Moses “Tell them I AM has sent you” “I AM” is all even god knows from personal experience and observation.
I think therefore I know I am from personal experiences.

Back
Top Bottom