• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Religion science

Just because you are not intelligent enough to understand the concepts being expressed does not make them gobley gook… it just means you are ignorant.
Just because your ideas are not being well-received doesn't make anyone else less intelligent. It's quite possible you're just overimpressed by your own gobbledygook.

I mean, i really don't understand why you think thoughts cannot be part of the simulation.
Everything is part of the simulation if you consider the singularity (1) I am, everything else is a product of my thinking. Trying to find meaning in an existence that has none (0)
You're still just over-impressed by your own thinking. The fact of it and the content.
Reiterating think = am is not even an argument, more like tge office idiot repeating a punchline to everyone who did not laigh. We get the joke, we just don't find it amusing.
I think therefore I know I am.
Which might be more compelling if the 'i know' was not simply a part of the 'i think.'
The I KNOW was to emphasize that was more than just an idea a guess , it was based on evidence because of personal observation and experience. I know I am but everything else is just a product of my thoughts or consciousness.

So you say. But how can you objectively evaluate your experience?
How do you, for example, find the experience of breathing NOT compelling evidence of your physical existence, but you think your thoughts MUST be such evidence?
Seems remarkably convenient...

Just because you are not intelligent enough to understand the concepts being expressed does not make them gobley gook… it just means you are ignorant.
Just because your ideas are not being well-received doesn't make anyone else less intelligent. It's quite possible you're just overimpressed by your own gobbledygook.

I mean, i really don't understand why you think thoughts cannot be part of the simulation.
Everything is part of the simulation if you consider the singularity (1) I am, everything else is a product of my thinking. Trying to find meaning in an existence that has none (0)
You're still just over-impressed by your own thinking. The fact of it and the content.
Reiterating think = am is not even an argument, more like tge office idiot repeating a punchline to everyone who did not laigh. We get the joke, we just don't find it amusing.
Which might be more compelling if the 'i know' was not simply a part of the 'i think.'
Think
Of course my ideas are not well received because people just regurgitate what they read in their science and religious text books. Instead of using evidence logic and reason to come up with NEW understanding….

...says the guy who just keeps reiterating "i think therefore i am," which is not even original to you.
Here is another reference to the concept of I think therefore I am… when asked who’s shall I say sent me, God told Moses “Tell them I AM has sent you” “I AM” is all even god knows from personal experience and observation.
I think therefore I know I am from personal experiences.
Of course my ideas are not well received because people just regurgitate what they read in their science and religious text books. Instead of using evidence logic and reason to come up with NEW understanding….

...says the guy who just keeps reiterating "i think therefore i am," which is not even original to you.
“Reiterating think = am is not even an argument, more like tge office idiot”
Another insult. Some people believe calling someone an idiot is supporting evidence but it is actually just a rude assertion. It’s not “I think I am” it’s because I have the ability to form a thought even if that thought is incorrect” my self awareness proves I AM conscious of my own existence.

sadly they still think subatomic electromagnetic energy waves are physical instead of forces.. like the force that holds two like magnetic poles apart.

What is it you think 'electromagnetic' means?
Exactly what it says. Magnetism caused by the flow of electrons.
Heh.
Isn't it temporary magnetism exhibited by (typically iron) particles in an electric field?
Thus...physical?

We can create a Magnet using the flow of electrons. … an atom is a nucleus which has electrons flow around it.
So, yeah, you need a physical object. Without the atoms, no electromagnetism.

Two magnets will create a force when the like poles are put together.
Yeah, i remember fourth grade physics.
But now you've proven it is a physical trait, not an incorporeal energy.

Here is another reference to the concept of I think therefore I am… when asked who’s shall I say sent me, God told Moses “Tell them I AM has sent you” “I AM” is all even god knows from personal experience and observation.
Quoting fictional characters to flesh out your fanfiction is poor writing, esp. if thry're not your characters.

Think

Another insult.
Aww, did i hurt the feelings of the poster who claims others are just too stupid to follow his truths?

Shucks. Oh, darn.
You're still just repeating explanations that have already failed to convince anyone..

Some people believe calling someone an idiot is supporting evidence but it is actually just a rude assertion.
I didn't call you an idiot. I said your repeating yourself was a behavior like that we see in an idiot's attempt to get a laugh.

If your screed has failed, try a different explanation.

It’s not “I think I am” it’s because I have the ability to form a thought even if that thought is incorrect” my self awareness proves I AM conscious of my own existence.
How...? How would you know? Can you compare your experience at thinking to show yours differs from an NPC's?

The I KNOW was to emphasize that was more than just an idea a guess , it was based on evidence because of personal observation and experience. I know I am but everything else is just a product of my thoughts or consciousness.

How do you, for example, find the experience of breathing NOT compelling evidence of your physical existence, but you think your thoughts MUST be such evidence?
We are creating a dream a story a 3d movie and using “suspension of disbelief” in order to enjoy it. After all a singularity consciousness in a universe of nothingness would be very bored and lonely .. the purpose of creating a physical perception of reality is to make our existence a more enjoyable experience.

Think

Another insult.
Aww, did i hurt the feelings of the poster who claims others are just too stupid to follow his truths?

Shucks. Oh, darn.
You're still just repeating explanations that have already failed to convince anyone..

Some people believe calling someone an idiot is supporting evidence but it is actually just a rude assertion.
I didn't call you an idiot. I said your repeating yourself was a behavior like that we see in an idiot's attempt to get a laugh.

It’s not “I think I am” it’s because I have the ability to form a thought even if that thought is incorrect” my self awareness proves I AM conscious of my own existence.
How...? How would you know? Can you compare your experience at thinking to show yours differs from an NPC's?
You are still using the word idiot to refer to me .. very unprofessional at best. Disgusting attempt to validate yourself at worst.

I realize it’s useless to try to convince those to unintelligent to understand. I merely present an alternative point of view to consider.

We are creating a dream a story a 3d movie and using “suspension of disbelief” in order to enjoy it.
Another erm you lifted from someone else. Got anything original?
And, yet again, how do you know this?

After all a singularity consciousness in a universe of nothingness would be very bored and lonely .. the purpose of creating a physical perception of reality is to make our existence a more enjoyable experience.
Kinda backwards, what? 'This universe is an illusion because it's the reality we would expect if it were an illusion,' fits, sure, but more in the manner of Trek fans covering plot holes, not advancing our understanding of anything.

Think

Another insult.

Shucks. Oh, darn.

You are still using the word idiot to refer to me ..

Nope, reread it. I referred to the behavior. It really is idiotic. Doesn't mean you are an idiot, could be any number of reasons for anyone to do idiot things.
very unprofessional at best.
And you can point to where i claim to be enterring this discussion as a professional...?

Disgusting attempt to validate yourself at worst.
Awwwww, fuck. You're disgusted with me. Shock! Failure!
The shame taints me! I will depart from society and cover myself with the ashess of my published writings!

Sigh it’s sad You have been reduced to pointing to typos due to your inability to find fault with my evidence logic and reason. Insults and typos? Is that all you got? I can use evidence logic and reason to prove god does exist.
I can use evidence logic and reason to prove god does not exist.
What can you use to prove…. Oh yeah. You got nothing.

subatomic electromagnetic energy waves.. these waves form our consciousness.
Yeah, nah.

That's a huge leap to an unsupported conclusion from a standing start.

You're going to need to show a very large amount of detailed work, before anyone is going to take that claim seriously.

Consciousness appears to be a property of brains, which are macroscopic objects comprised of hundreds of thousands of neurons, about ten million billion billion molecules, and well in excess of a billion billion billion subatomic particles.

And that's for the brain of a small insect; It's debatable whether such animals are truly 'conscious' in a meaningful way, because their brains are rather too small, being as they are only a billion billion billion times larger than the entities to which you are ascribing consciousness.

That's the scale of the problem you just defined, apparently without even noticing that you had done it.

Either you will need to spend a very large amount of effort on explaining why we should consider that leap of logic reasonable, or you will need to resign yourself to being very reasonably considered a crackpot.

Sigh it’s sad You have been reduced
Reduced? You assume i had any higher goals.

to pointing to typos due to your inability to find fault with my evidence logic and reason.
You haven't offered any evidence, your logic is presuppositionist, and your reason self-serving.

Insults and typos? Is that all you got?
No, but the effort put in will be proportionate to the possibility of satisfaction. You just keep repeating yourself and condescending. You're chasing uour tail.

I can use evidence logic and reason to prove god does exist.
Now would be a great time to start doing that.
I can use evidence logic and reason to prove god does not exist.
I feel i must point out, "evidence, logic, and reason."
And you cannot ecpven define god in any useful way. So, probably, your evidence, logic, or reason will fail to produce anything.
What can you use to prove…. Oh yeah. You got nothing.
I didn't start a thread saying i could prove anything.
We just kerp asking you to explain what the fuck you're babnling sbout, and you just rewind the tape.

sadly they still think subatomic electromagnetic energy waves are physical instead of forces.. like the force that holds two like magnetic poles apart
You mean the electromagnetic force, carried by photons?

That's about as physical as anything could possibly be, and physicists are very definitely aware that it's perfectly reasonable to think in terms of either particles or forces, and that the underlying reality is both.

Before you criticise physicists for believing things you consider to be false, you should probably make an effort to find out what it is that physicists believe.

Quantum Field Theory is both stranger than your ramblings, and has the benefit of being supported by actual evidence, and not random wild speculations.

subatomic electromagnetic energy waves.. these waves form our consciousness.
Yeah, nah.

That's a huge leap to an unsupported conclusion from a standing start.

You're going to need to show a very large amount of detailed work, before anyone is going to take that claim seriously.

Consciousness appears to be a property of brains, which are macroscopic objects comprised of hundreds of thousands of neurons, about ten million billion billion molecules, and well in excess of a billion billion billion subatomic particles.

And that's for the brain of a small insect; It's debatable whether such animals are truly 'conscious' in a meaningful way, because their brains are rather too small, being as they are only a billion billion billion times larger than the entities to which you are ascribing consciousness.

That's the scale of the problem you just defined, apparently without even noticing that you had done it.

Either you will need to spend a very large amount of effort on explaining why we should consider that leap of logic reasonable, or you will need to resign yourself to being very reasonably considered a crackpot.
You do realize that consciousness is not physical. That the level of leptons quarks bosons muons is gigantic compared to the lowest perception of electro magnetic force of energy .
E=mc2.. mass is just the relationship between light and velocity neither of which is a physical property. Mass is just a perception of vibrating energy. Ignorant physicists are too lazy to seek the true reality of what consciousness consists of so they just throw a (p) in and refer to it as a physical particle.. but it’s just an electromagnetic energy waves like that which surrounds a magnet or the minuscule atom. Which is just a perception of energy how much mass is in a photon. 0? C2 =0 …0 times anything is still zero.
Consciousness has no mass.
But physicists need to throw a p in there to create a particle. The way people throw a god in there to explain the creation of the universe. Neither exists but we need answers to the unanswerable questions that come with the realization of “I AM” what when where did we originate? But it takes circular reason to understand that “we created the god that created us in order to explain our existence “ god did it. Who creed god? We did…

I realize it’s useless to try to convince those to unintelligent to understand. I merely present an alternative point of view to consider.
The Earth is flat, an alternative view.

You can imagine what you like. One of my fvaorite quotes is from Kelvin essentialy if you can not quamtify what you are talking about with numbers your knowledge is 'of a meager and inferior kind'.

Ok particle physics is wrong, how do you support your alternative with experiment, data, and demonstration?

Philosophy and religion end with speculation. Science begins with mathematical models.

We have not a seen the science is all wrong and I know what reality truly is argument in a while.

So, when you say energy what do you mean exactly and how do you demonstare what energy is?

sadly they still think subatomic electromagnetic energy waves are physical instead of forces.. like the force that holds two like magnetic poles apart
You mean the electromagnetic force, carried by photons?

That's about as physical as anything could possibly be, and physicists are very definitely aware that it's perfectly reasonable to think in terms of either particles or forces, and that the underlying reality is both.

Before you criticise physicists for believing things you consider to be false, you should probably make an effort to find out what it is that physicists believe.

Quantum Field Theory is both stranger than your ramblings, and has the benefit of being supported by actual evidence, and not random wild speculations.
Psst. You do realize brains are made of atoms.. leptons subatomic electromagnetic energy… there is nothing physical.. just a perception we created of vibrating energy
Angstroms sights vibrating energy
Decibels sounds vibrating energy
Firing synapses thoughts vibrating energy
… our consciousness creates a perception of a physical reality in order to give our lonely bored singularity consciousness a more enjoyable existence… energy cannot be created or destroyed so we will be bored and lonely for a very long eternity.. we better create something more enjoyable

You can imagine what you like. One of my fvaorite quotes is from Kelvin essentialy if you can not quamtify what you are talking about with numbers your knowledge is 'of a meager and inferior kind'.

Ok particle physics is wrong, how do you support your alternative with experiment, data, and demonstration?

Philosophy and religion end with speculation. Science begins with mathematical models.

We have not a seen the science is all wrong and I know what reality truly is argument in a while.

So, when you say energy what do you mean exactly and how do you demonstare what energy is?
I support everything I say with evidence logic and reason. You want mathematics? Do you realize every idea thought can be created and expressed with (1) I am in a (0) universe of nothingness? 100111000111 you want mathematics computers like our firing synapses only understand 10001111000
Angstroms colours vibrating energy
Thoughts firing synapses vibrating energy.
Everything is a creation of vibrating energy we use to create a more enjoyable existence as a singularity (1) in a universe of nothingness (0)..
Consciousness? I think therefore “i” am everything else is a creation of my thinking firing synapses consciousness.

I support everything I say with evidence logic and reason. You want mathematics? Do you realize every idea thought can be created and expressed with (1) I am in a (0) universe of nothingness? 100111000111 you want mathematics computers like our firing synapses only understand 10001111000
Angstroms colours vibrating energy
Thoughts firing synapses vibrating energy.
Everything is a creation of vibrating energy we use to create a more enjoyable existence as a singularity (1) in a universe of nothingness (0)..
Consciousness? I think therefore “i” am everything else is a creation of my thinking firing synapses consciousness.

Back
Top Bottom