• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Replacement Theory

One thing that never makes sense to me is, where is the ‘replacement’ part? If I have 5 white people in a room, then bring in 5 black people, sure the white people make up a smaller percentage of the room, but all 5 of those people are still there. None have been ‘replaced’ in any way. Should it be called the Great White People Who Can’t Share Theory? Great Petulant People Who Need To Be The Center Of Attention Theory?

also all those people who love their European heritage, complaining about Latinos moving in and speaking Spanish…. Are they unaware that Spain is part of Europe?

There is antipathy and certainly hatred against racist assholes from minorities.
Fify

Remember the Charlotte white supremacist rally, where they chanted "Jews will not replace us!" That didn't mean that Jews would become more numerous, just that they would somehow gain socially advantageous position and status formerly enjoyed by non-jews. You hear similar types of arguments when whites express resentment about blacks taking the place of qualified whites for jobs or college admission. Another example would be women taking jobs and getting promoted in businesses where males traditionally dominate. It isn't just physical replacement. It is replacement on the perception of social status, access to services, etc. Another example would be Spanish speakers or Chinese speakers replacing English speakers for goods, services, jobs, etc.

No, they meant that Jews like Emmanuel Celler, who co-authored the Hart-Celler Act in 1965, will be prevented (not gonna happen) from pushing up non white immigration levels.

No, they meant that Jews like Emmanuel Celler, who co-authored the Hart-Celler Act in 1965, will be prevented (not gonna happen) from pushing up non white immigration levels.

You don't specify, but I'll assume you were replying to my post and not someone else's. I don't know how you came to conclude that those people chanting "Jews will not replace us" were thinking specifically of Emmanuel Celler, since they were chanting the plural form "Jews", but I take you to mean that an expanded version of the chant would be something like "A Jew will not replace us with immigrants!" And maybe they were thinking that any Jew in Celler's position would want to "replace" them by opening the floodgates to immigrants. You may be more knowledgeable about how their thought processes were working in that particular rally. The point is that the concept of replacement had to do with pushing down whites in favor of non-white immigrants. So we can at least agree on that, right?

i do get a huge kick out of how those screaming the most about replacement theory... which is necessarily predicated on the idea that A. whites currently have an advantage over not-whites, and B. that advantage will be threatened if whites don't physically outnumber not-whites... are the same people screaming that reverse racism as oppressed white people to the point where as an ethnicity they are poverty stricken refugees in their own country.

Being a "minority group" was never just about numbers, but about political and cultural under-representation. The idea that whites will lose our dominant position in American politics without taking the whole damn system with us seems mirthlessly laughable to me, whatever the population will be in 2045. But again, I see no reason personally why I should be afraid of being governed by non-whites anyway. If anyone listened to me, most of the country would be reverted to indigenous governance. Which would not be a replacement so much as a rebalancing.

Actually that's what this is partially about, isn't it? Europeans "acquired" the continent largely by outbreeding and overwhelming its sovereign governments, and thjeir fair-skinned descendants now fear the same happening to them? That happened under very particular circumstances unlikely to recur, though.

i do get a huge kick out of how those screaming the most about replacement theory... which is necessarily predicated on the idea that A. whites currently have an advantage over not-whites, and B. that advantage will be threatened if whites don't physically outnumber not-whites... are the same people screaming that reverse racism as oppressed white people to the point where as an ethnicity they are poverty stricken refugees in their own country.
It is also based on 1) the knowledge that there is inequality in the country, 2) they have no interest in fixing inequality, 3) they expect that if minorities take over they will create a system of inequality in the other direction.

In the USA, the birthrates of Hispanics and Blacks are higher than that for whites. If the birth rates of people of color continue to exceed that of white people, it is only a matter of time when people of color outnumber white people. This is not due to some conspiracy - it is simply a result of demographics and personal choices.

Who woulda thunk they'd push so hard to overturn Roe V Wade when Hispanics and Blacks have more abortions than whites. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd say there is some truth to it o. Obama said the USA should look like the rest of world. He created a diversity lottery immigration system that allowed people to et in who would not be normally be considered for immigration.

If a country is under repented get people form that country in.

There is antipathy and certainly hatred against whites from minorities.
The word you are looking for is mistrust. And after 12 years under the GOP under W and Trump, can see where that is coming from.
Back in the 90s majorly Latino border schools were using radical texts from south of the border. Instead of the whites saying blacks should go back to Africa it was whites go back to Europe. Latinos rightfully own America.

While ugly and deplorable the white violent response is predictable.
Wow! That is about as ugly a statement as can be stated, it sounds similar to asking a battered wife, "What did you say to him?"
I woud say there is an undercurrent among minorities of replacing whites. The demographic predictions say it will be Latinos who become the majority.

Were seeing the deconstruction of what was the American cultural foundation.
American culture? What, eating beef and waving flags is a culture?
Latins celebrate Cinco De Mayo in California schools. There was a case when a student was told to take oof a shirt with an American flag on it on the day. It might offend Latinos.
In the US we celebrate Cinco de Mayo in places, Ocktoberfest, Irishfest, Italian Fest, ...
As I see it we are heading towards a violent melt down. Not just racial and cultural. Wee just seeing the start of it as we become like third world countries where violent demonstrations are the norm.
Violence in the US is still near records lows, but some need to have that fear of the boogie man under the bed.
Death thretas aginast COTUS and demonstraions outside judges' homes. An increasing rejection of accepting rule of law.
You mean women needing to drive 1,000 miles to get an abortion?

In the USA, the birthrates of Hispanics and Blacks are higher than that for whites. If the birth rates of people of color continue to exceed that of white people, it is only a matter of time when people of color outnumber white people. This is not due to some conspiracy - it is simply a result of demographics and personal choices.

Who woulda thunk they'd push so hard to overturn Roe V Wade when Hispanics and Blacks have more abortions than whites. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I know. I've been laughing about that for weeks.

I was going to start a thread on this topic but was too concerned about how crazy it would get. So, I'm going to try and gift a few articles that I read about it. The first one is written by Bret Stephens, a decent conservative, who despite not agreeing with the Democratic ideology, has been voting Dem because of Trump's negative influence on the country. Just wanted to give some background on Bret before I give the link. Bret mentions that the US has frequently had changes in demographics, and he describes them in his opinion piece. Read the entire piece and if interested, give some feedback.

nytimes.com/2022/05/17/opinion/replacement-theory-us.html?unlocked_article_code=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACEIPuomT1JKd6J17Vw1cRCfTTMQmqxCdw_PIxftm3iWka3DIDm8diOMNAo6B_EGKf6d7Y9I40jGWQsMELL8iQ-Zji_JEeUxxTg3i6r21pKM4GQRn44SiQjFxmJvXQbEz9TKtMjnmcrp0yOf64h

In the broadest sense, what goes by the name “replacement theory” — the idea that American elites are conspiring to replaceso-called real Americans with immigrants from poor countries — is merely a description of the American way, enshrined in tradition, codified by law, promoted by successive generations of American leaders from Washington and Lincoln to Kennedy and Reagan.
There have been four, arguably five, great replacements in American history.
The first was the worst and the cruelest: the destruction — through war, slaughter, ill-dealing and wholesale expulsion — of Native Americans by European migrants. The same far-right true believers who now scream about their own purported replacement by the non-indigenous tend to be the most indignant when reminded that at least some of their ancestors were once the replacements themselves.
The second was a religious replacement of Protestants, who now number fewer than half of all Americans. It began at least as far back as 1655, when the Dutch West India Company rejected a petition by Peter Stuyvesant to expel Jews from New Amsterdam. (Doing so, the company wrote, would be “somewhat unreasonable and unfair.”) It accelerated in the 19th and 20th centuries, mainly thanks to the mass migration of Catholics from Europe and, later, Latin America. It continues with the arrival of Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus and others, along with a more general loss of faith.
The third was the ethnic replacement of the English. With their arrival in North America came indentured servants from Ireland and continental Europe, then immigrants from Germany, France and Ireland, later from places ever farther east. Willa Cather’s “My Ántonia,” the American prairie classic, is a story of settlers from Bohemia and other places in Central Europe, who soon became the backbone of the American Midwest.

I believe that racial balances are dynamic and this is normal.

This goes on in all countries and has been in progress since we became a nation.

There is noting sinister about it.

I'd say there is some truth to it o. Obama said the USA should look like the rest of world. He created a diversity lottery immigration system that allowed people to et in who would not be normally be considered for immigration.

Bush, not Obama.

And that's HW, not GW. The Diversity Visa Program took effect in 1990.
No, no, it's easy to tell which president changed a law, rule or regulation. If you don't like that change, it was Obama. If you do, it wasn't.

'Replacement theory' depends entirely on the questionable premise that other white people aren't just as determined to eradicate fascist nutters as are members of various minorities.

Never mind blacks, jews, latinos, or whoever else you are irrationally terrified by; If you subscribe to 'replacement theory', you'd better be scared shitless about being replaced by me. White, cis-male, monolingual anglophone me. I ain't your friend, and you don't have my support for your stupidity. I would happily take your job and your woman. You don't deserve them.

The Irish and the Italians were not always considered to be "white." This was particularly true of the Italians, who were referred to once as "guineas." I suspect that, by the 2040's, many Hispanic people are going to be just part of the general "white" population. The United States is and always has been a nation of immigrants, though. Immigrants are a part of our national identity.

Lets hope that when the white population becomes a minority that the new majority treats us better than we treated them.

I doubt it, Karma is a bitch.
I am not convinced that the more prosperous members of the Hispanic population will regard themselves as distinct from the "power class," though. Colorism is a bigger issue. In India, colorism is such a serious issue that some there bleach their skin white.

Back
Top Bottom