• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Report: Lev Parnas Handed Over Tapes of Trump and Giuliani to the House Intelligence Committee

Don2 (Don1 Revised)

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
non-practicing agnostic
The bottomless pit that is the Ukraine scandal continues to grow. According to a report from ABC News on Sunday, the House Intelligence Committee is now in possession of audio and video recordings as well as photographs that include both President Donald Trump and Rudy Giuliani. The materials were handed over as part of a congressional subpoena by Giuliani associate Lev Parnas.
ABC News reported it is unknown what is said on the recordings...
https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...i-to-the-house-intelligence-committee-917769/

Holy Crap. Who exactly is Lev Parnas and why would he tape people in advance like this? He's definitely a die-hard Republican but was he from a different faction or ideology? Or maybe he was working for the government early because of his criminal problems, wearing a wire and documenting everything with NY state???

Anyway, I said before Trump's impeachment is worse than Nixon's. Now, apparently the evidence can show it...

The bottomless pit that is the Ukraine scandal continues to grow. According to a report from ABC News on Sunday, the House Intelligence Committee is now in possession of audio and video recordings as well as photographs that include both President Donald Trump and Rudy Giuliani. The materials were handed over as part of a congressional subpoena by Giuliani associate Lev Parnas.
https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...i-to-the-house-intelligence-committee-917769/

Holy Crap. Who exactly is Lev Parnas and why would he tape people in advance like this? He's definitely a die-hard Republican but was he from a different faction or ideology? Or maybe he was working for the government early because of his criminal problems, wearing a wire and documenting everything with NY state???

Anyway, I said before Trump's impeachment is worse than Nixon's. Now, apparently the evidence can show it...

Not that I’ve ever been involved in any criminal enterprise myself, but even a cursory viewing of television procedurals of any kind or any of the numerous gangster movies will tell you that there are two ways to handle a situation when dealing with fellow criminals/partners in crime.

1. Document everything. In case you think you might either need that future revenue stream or to turn state’s evidence.

2. Document nothing and ensure there is zero evidence that shows you ever knew anyone connected with the other criminals or anyone remotely connected to them but in fact, to establish that you were on another continent altogether. This, of course, is the tact to take if you would think you might need to eliminate your partner in crime.

What is truly unsettling is the amount of Trump employees who feel it necessary to record all their conversations.

Holy Crap. Who exactly is Lev Parnas and why would he tape people in advance like this?
For the exact situation he is in. He is a goon and goons need to protect themselves in the odd occasion they get caught. He got caught, he rather not go to prison. I'm wondering when they received this. If this stuff is new to the House now, and wasn't available for the first couple of doc dumps, I'll be very interested to know what this shows.

I'm curious if Trump will need new pants if he hears about this. The irony would be that recording around Trump has been made extremely hard.

Insurance.

I presume these are cellphone conversations (with Giuliani and Nunes).
But if he managed to wear wires during his meetings with Trump that would interesting and highly illegal, right?

But if he managed to wear wires during his meetings with Trump that would interesting and highly illegal, right?

In most localities, no. And why do you assume he 'wore a wire'?

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/fH3T3e27DpM[/YOUTUBE]

Videos with meaningless chat are not that interesting. And I don't know the laws concerning private people wearing wires and other secret stuff that well.I know in Russia it's highly illegal, people were fined for ordering GPS trackers and voice recorders on the internet.

Videos with meaningless chat are not that interesting. And I don't know the laws concerning private people wearing wires and other secret stuff that well.I know in Russia it's highly illegal, people were fined for ordering GPS trackers and voice recorders on the internet.

Well, no - they clearly mean something. Namely that Parnas was taking photos and videos constantly, and this whole crew was quite comfortable with his presence.

Luckily we're not under the jurisdiction of the Russian legal system... yet.

Well, no - they clearly mean something. Namely that Parnas was taking photos and videos constantly, and this whole crew was quite comfortable with his presence.

Luckily we're not under the jurisdiction of the Russian legal system... yet.
They only prove that Trump can't deny knowing Parnas well. What we need is recorded phone conversations between all these assholes. In Russia it's illegal to have spy equipment - stuff which can be used for secret audio/video recording, and that stuff is ubiquitous in chinese internet shops.

Maybe, maybe not. Michael Cohen recorded meetings with Trump by putting his phone on the desk, set to record. It's difficult to object to a recording when the recording device was in plain sight the whole time.

Maybe, maybe not. Michael Cohen recorded meetings with Trump by putting his phone on the desk, set to record. It's difficult to object to a recording when the recording device was in plain sight the whole time.
Did Trump see that? In any case I would find it hard to charge someone with illegal recordings if it is done for self protection. In other words if you illegally recorded crime of some sort it's fine with me.

Check the date on the story.

btw, did you know that Lev Parnas is only 47? He's aging like people did last century. I think he's a time traveler.

Check the date on the story.

btw, did you know that Lev Parnas is only 47? He's aging like people did last century. I think he's a time traveler.
He does not have great hair, other than that he is fine - typical Odessa jew. What surprised me is his accent, for a guy who grew up in US he has very noticeable accent, weird. I knew a kid who moved to US at 6 and he does not have an accent, he spoke russian with american accent. Parnas was 3 when he emigrated.

They only prove that Trump can't deny knowing Parnas well.

You don't know what they do or don't "only" prove. Why would you represent that you did, if you were holding an honest discussion? (Obviously you're not... as usual.)
They *might* prove that Trump owes Deripaska 2 billion dollars, and that he promised to deliver Ukraine to Putin to be absolved of that debt.

What we need is recorded phone conversations between all these assholes.

How do you know Comrade Lev didn't have recorded phone conversations? Again, you don't.

In Russia it's illegal to have spy equipment - stuff which can be used for secret audio/video recording

... like iPhones? As Yakov Smirnoff might say, "What a Country!"

Did Trump see that? In any case I would find it hard to charge someone with illegal recordings if it is done for self protection. In other words if you illegally recorded crime of some sort it's fine with me.

We'll have to assume anyone in the room can see whatever is in plain sight. Whether it was legal to record the conversations is not really the issue.

No one involved in any of Trump's operations was recording with the intent to prosecute. The limits on how evidence is collected only apply to law enforcement. There are very strict rules, backed up by many precedents. In the Klaus von Bulow trial, the insulin and syringes found in Bulow's closet could not be admitted. The detectives knew they did not have grounds for a search warrant, but asked the housekeeper to search the room for them.

Recordings made by any party in the crime can be used as evidence. Whoever has the recordings, whether they were obtained legally or not, is the least of their worries.

Back
Top Bottom