• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Resolutions, infidels?

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
What are your new year's resolutions, if any?

I always thought of resolutions as just a fun thing that most people don't take seriously, but I like this tradition because it can inspire us to take stock and do a bit of self reflection and life reflection. Even if nothing new is done, the act of checking your shit is in itself a thing of value.

Anyway, in that vein, I unsurprisingly have made no new year's resolutions for decades. :rofl: Until I saw this list. Now I have new year's resolutions! :)

323687653_1840427106311734_5845572550978928282_n.jpg

For the last 20 years my New Years resolution has been to make no New Years resolution and it's my resolution this year to make no resolution. Was that a resolution? Did I actually fulfill it? I don't want a New Year's resolution but how can I do it without fulfilling my resolution. OH NO I"M SO CONFUSED!!

Well, shit.

I have kept my New Year's Resolution I made decades ago:

To never make another New Year's Resolution.

When I see this list, I realize, I'm not striving towards my goals. I've got a few, but not nearly enough to guarantee demonic possession.

Eastern religions? I've read a few books on Zen.
Church of Satan? Does The Satanic Temple count? I've seen their movie.
Scientology. Hmm...I read Battlefield Earth back in the 80s, and follow a You Tuber who left the church, so I guess that counts.

Remote viewing? That's literally my job. Granted, I'm remote viewing cars.

Meditation? Check.
LOTR? For over 40 years.
Marijuana? I grew up in the late 70s and early 80s. Come on.
Video games. Been there since Pong.
Dungeons and Dragons. What midwestern basements were made for.
Fornication, rock music, and heavy metal...isn't that all the same thing?

For the rest of it (and other things not on the list), I work with a bunch of young people at a San Francisco based tech company that is "woke" as fuck, and I'm sure they have some advice.

Oh, and I once had this dream where I died and was brought back to life by...wait for it...a demon who possessed me.

Let's do this!

Stop getting caught peeping into other people's bedrooms.

Back
Top Bottom