• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Rittenhouse/Kenosha Shooting Split

As long as any delusional person (such as KR) cleaves to the delusion and refuses to walk out of it, it is easy for them to paint everyone else as the bad guy rather than asking "am I really one of the good guys?"

Of course, that question is really painful. Because the answer may be "no..."

And then it's sleepless nights until you either figure out how to be a better person or quit trying and then eventually end up rejected by society for whatever reason you already know is coming.

I suppose much of that IS avoidable, except the inevitable social rejection.

Get help.

It is really Jerry Nadler, Lebron James, Cori Bush, Ilhan Omar et al who need to get help.
Your claims sounds an awful lot like claims about Trump Derangement Syndrome made by conservatives who scream about critical race theory, masks as sex toys, and vaccines with 5G magnets, but I was making a joke. You wrote "we" in "we have a new mental disease." Making me explain a joke makes it unfunny. Next time, just go with it.

Making me explain a joke makes it unfunny. Next time, just go with it.
Deliberately misunderstanding somebody's point does not a joke make.

But to get back to those who are actually showing symptoms of RDS, do you really think Cori Bush's job would be "dangerous" if Kyle came to work in the House as an intern?

Rosenbaum, Huber and Grosskreutz fucked around and found out just how dangerous the game they were hunting that night can be.
Very true. What does that have to do with hunting laws applying to situations where hunting is not involved though?

I have to ask: Is this the society that you want to live in? Violence solves all problems.Gun are needed for everyday life,Free speech trumps common sence. Rights have limits for a good reason. I have guns.I like them as machines.But,I have never needed one to defend myself.I have a 357 under my desk. Point is this the country you want to live in or do you wish for something better.
Being in Australia we do not get much detail about these sort of cases sometimes but looking at what is now available I am astounded by the seeming inanities of your legal system. The young fellow could wander around with the guns seemingly unopposed as could other people.
You have too many fools with guns who should not have them and you seem to like waving guns in each others faces and then are mystified by why so many people get shot.

I must say too that the prosecution did itself no favours. Having a defence witness (Grosskreutz) admit that he waved his gun in Rittenhouse's direction was not going to make it easy to claim an unprovoked shooting. You have people everywhere waving guns around when they manifestly should not be doing so.

Rittenhouse from the moment Rosenbaum advanced towards him had a good self-defense case that domino'd into anyone else that became (or appeared to be) a threat. The Jury made the right call. Bad situation for all of them. I bet top dollar given the chance every last one of them (including Kyle) would rather have done something else.

If he'd walked into that maelstrom of the protest in Kenosha with an AR-15 in his hands that day? He's probably be dead.
So, BLM protesters would kill black people at their protest?

If he was leaving the scene, walking towards cops with that rifle in hand after shooting three people? He'd definitely be dead. There might have been a trial, but he'd still be dead.
I'm curious. Given the differential in treatment you are asserting between the way the public and/or police treat armed white men versus armed black men, what do you think the correct equality is? I assume you mean police acted completely correctly by not shooting Rittenhouse dead, and that they should have the same reaction to any black suspect.
Wow. You can't be this dense, can you?

The entire BLM movement sprang out of ongoing frustration that unarmed black men (and a few women, too) were shot dead by cops. One famous case, a young black man was shot in the back as he walked away. One man calmly informed the police officer that he had a registered firearm in his car, and didn't reach for it, but was gunned down in front of his girlfriend moments later. "Hands up, don't shoot" works sometimes, but for some reason works less for black men. Then of course, sometimes the cops don't even need a gun much less a reason. I mean, why waste taxpayer bullets when a knee will suffice, right?

As for my dude, he'd likely be pretty safe from his fellow BLM protestors. He'd have about a nanosecond to put his hands up and/or drop to his knees before a cop shot him, though. The beloved Kyle? The cops didn't even stop him from leaving.

Your last sentence is...shall we say...worded in a very interesting way. Rittenhouse is just...Rittenhouse. Armed black man? Well that's what you call a "suspect."

That's the problem right there. Armed white man walking away from a shooting? Hey, that's just Kyle! Armed black man? Automatic suspect. Black man walking around a gated community wearing a hoodie? Suspect. Black man in a car with a broken tail light? Suspect. Black man with his hands in the air after cops draw their guns and demand he put up his hands? Suspect. You noticing a pattern here?

Probably not.

I can envision an event that could spur the passage of more reasonable laws.

If a thousand or so “Antifa” show up at the next Nazi rally carrying AKs and ARs, bait the Nazis into acting in a manner that they all find threatening and proceed to mow down a few thousand Trumpsuckers in “self defense”, we will have such laws under discussion the very next day.

A small price to pay for setting society straight…

I only ask that hunting laws apply to actual hunting.

Rosenbaum, Huber and Grosskreutz fucked around and found out just how dangerous the game they were hunting that night can be.

Rosenbaum is a turd, but Huber and Grosskreuz were not hunting. They both perceived an active shooter scenario. Claiming they were hunting is an extremist political statement of the type of Rittenhouse Derangement Syndrome kind of statements. If you want to be taken seriously by rational people (probably not your goal), you could try to make sane, rational statements instead.

Rosenbaum is a turd, but Huber and Grosskreuz were not hunting.
Ritt was running away at that point. He was knocked down to the ground, then Huber hit him in the head with his skateboard. GG then pulled a gun on him. How would you call it?

They both perceived an active shooter scenario. Claiming they were hunting is an extremist political statement
It was definitely not what is usually described as "active shooter scenario". Their victim was retreating and going toward police. There was no reason for them to attack him.

of the type of Rittenhouse Derangement Syndrome kind of statements.
You misunderstand what "X derangement syndrome" means.

Rosenbaum is a turd, but Huber and Grosskreuz were not hunting.
Ritt was running away at that point. He was knocked down to the ground, then Huber hit him in the head with his skateboard. GG then pulled a gun on him. How would you call it?

That is subduing him. Grosskreuz had a lot of opportunity to shoot him, but did not. Don't pretend he was hunting him.

They both perceived an active shooter scenario. Claiming they were hunting is an extremist political statement
It was definitely not what is usually described as "active shooter scenario". Their victim was retreating and going toward police. There was no reason for them to attack him.

Sure there was a potential reason to incapacitate him and take the dangerous weapon. Grosskreutz didn't even do that ultimately. Your extremist claims about them hunting are ridiculous and obviously meant to be opposite of claims of Rittenhouse hunting, simply a symmetric reflection of Rittenhouse Derangement Syndrome.

of the type of Rittenhouse Derangement Syndrome kind of statements.
You misunderstand what "X derangement syndrome" means.
I do not misunderstand at all. You are simply unaware how obvious your being political is to everyone in the forum.

I have to ask: Is this the society that you want to live in? Violence solves all problems.Gun are needed for everyday life,Free speech trumps common sence. Rights have limits for a good reason. I have guns.I like them as machines.But,I have never needed one to defend myself.I have a 357 under my desk. Point is this the country you want to live in or do you wish for something better.
Being in Australia we do not get much detail about these sort of cases sometimes but looking at what is now available I am astounded by the seeming inanities of your legal system. The young fellow could wander around with the guns seemingly unopposed as could other people.
You have too many fools with guns who should not have them and you seem to like waving guns in each others faces and then are mystified by why so many people get shot.
And we have a lots of people defending the actions of those fools. There is no mystification about why so many people are shot - it is obvious to just about everyone. However, there are plenty of people who think the right to wave a gun around or that killing someone just because you are "scared" or that property might be damaged trumps commons sense.

I must say too that the prosecution did itself no favours. Having a defence witness (Grosskreutz) admit that he waved his gun in Rittenhouse's direction was not going to make it easy to claim an unprovoked shooting.
While it was not a good performance by the prosecution, it seems to me that the jury hearing truthful statements is surely what we want from the justice system.

If he'd walked into that maelstrom of the protest in Kenosha with an AR-15 in his hands that day? He's probably be dead.
So, BLM protesters would kill black people at their protest?

If he was leaving the scene, walking towards cops with that rifle in hand after shooting three people? He'd definitely be dead. There might have been a trial, but he'd still be dead.
I'm curious. Given the differential in treatment you are asserting between the way the public and/or police treat armed white men versus armed black men, what do you think the correct equality is? I assume you mean police acted completely correctly by not shooting Rittenhouse dead, and that they should have the same reaction to any black suspect.
Wow. You can't be this dense, can you?
I don't believe I am dense, but I do believe that people sometimes post things with complete oblivion as to how somebody who does not already agree with them might understand it.

The entire BLM movement sprang out of ongoing frustration that unarmed black men (and a few women, too) were shot dead by cops. One famous case, a young black man was shot in the back as he walked away. One man calmly informed the police officer that he had a registered firearm in his car, and didn't reach for it, but was gunned down in front of his girlfriend moments later. "Hands up, don't shoot" works sometimes, but for some reason works less for black men. Then of course, sometimes the cops don't even need a gun much less a reason. I mean, why waste taxpayer bullets when a knee will suffice, right?

As for my dude, he'd likely be pretty safe from his fellow BLM protestors.
That isn't what you wrote.

He'd have about a nanosecond to put his hands up and/or drop to his knees before a cop shot him, though. The beloved Kyle? The cops didn't even stop him from leaving.

Your last sentence is...shall we say...worded in a very interesting way. Rittenhouse is just...Rittenhouse. Armed black man? Well that's what you call a "suspect."

Isn't that what Rittenhouse was? He did shoot three people and admitted to it at the time. What else would you call him?

That's the problem right there. Armed white man walking away from a shooting? Hey, that's just Kyle! Armed black man? Automatic suspect. Black man walking around a gated community wearing a hoodie? Suspect. Black man in a car with a broken tail light? Suspect. Black man with his hands in the air after cops draw their guns and demand he put up his hands? Suspect. You noticing a pattern here?

Probably not.
I am certainly noticing a pattern - of you conjuring prejudices from whole cloth and pretending they were there the whole time.

If a thousand or so “Antifa” show up at the next Nazi rally carrying AKs and ARs, bait the Nazis into acting in a manner that they all find threatening and proceed to mow down a few thousand Trumpsuckers in “self defense”, we will have such laws under discussion the very next day.

The daydreams of the far left are fascinating--and scary.

The daydreams of the far left are fascinating--and scary.
Today I learned that treating black and white people equally is a "daydream of the far left."

Back
Top Bottom