• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Rittenhouse/Kenosha Shooting Split

Why was it OK for the black Panthers to bring assault rifles and march into the capitol building?
Say what?!?

Are we talking about the USA Capitol Building? Any time in the 21st century?
And who said it was "OK"?

WTF?
Tom

Most people defend this and yell at the Republicans for passing gun control due to the Panthers doing this. But then those same people will say, "Why'd Kyle bring an assault rifle to a protest? He was asking for trouble!" See? It's hypocritical and very biased.

It works the other way, too. Those cheering Kyle for doing it condemn the Panthers for doing it. This is why this issue needs to be addressed.

I am honestly not sure how I feel about bring a rifle to a protest, regardless of who does it. I am still on the fence thinking about this issue.

Why was it OK for the black Panthers to bring assault rifles and march into the capitol building?
Say what?!?

WTF?
Tom

Most people defend this and yell at the Republicans for passing gun control due to the Panthers doing this. But then those same people will say, "Why'd Kyle bring an assault rifle to a protest? He was asking for trouble!" See? It's hypocritical and very biased.

It works the other way, too. Those cheering Kyle for doing it condemn the Panthers for doing it. This is why this issue needs to be addressed.

I am honestly not sure how I feel about bring a rifle to a protest, regardless of who does it. I am still on the fence thinking about this issue.
So, let's start at the beginning.
It was another century. ~50 years ago.

Can we agree upon at least this one fact?
Tom

Say what?!?

WTF?
Tom

Let us know if you find anyone here who cheered the Black Panthers at whatever event that was.

Until then your question of “why you guys can’t have it both ways” is a false accusation, yah?

Well that's complete bullshit. Most intelligent people don't compare something that happened 50 years ago to something that happened today without providing context.

Both instance involve guns. That's where the similarity ends. Why don't you go into full absurdity mode and compare Rittenhouse to an armed gang that stormed a perfectly innocent beach in the Normandy in the early 40s?

It's simple. Don't fucking do it. The absolute best you can hope for is that every cop will pay extra special attention towards you. I'll leave it to your imagination what the worst outcome can be.

So turning away from 50-year old whataboutism, it doesn’t deserve a single byte.

Rittenhouse said he was there to “provide medical care,” during which he was goung to put his big gun on the ground and hope no one takes it while he administers “care” that he is not qualified to give while violating curfew.

Most people defend this and yell at the Republicans for passing gun control due to the Panthers doing this.
Can you name one? I've never heard of such a thing.

Nobody I've ever known in my life has either defended this or "yelled" about gun control based on it.

Maybe you could use better sources of information about the USA and our history? That's what it looks like to me.
Tom

Rittenhouse said he was there to “provide medical care,” during which he was goung to put his big gun on the ground and hope no one takes it while he administers “care” that he is not qualified to give while violating curfew.
I think that about sums it up. I wonder what the alleged adults in the situation were fucking thinking enabling Rittenhouse like that. I guarantee from the time he left the house to the time he killed two people he fantasied being the hero of his own story at least 287,659 times. It's what teenage boys do. It's fucking unbelievable an intelligent rational adult would think, "Yep, this will end well".

Say what?!?

WTF?
Tom

Let us know if you find anyone here who cheered the Black Panthers at whatever event that was.

Until then your question of “why you guys can’t have it both ways” is a false accusation, yah?
So do you agree or disagree with the Panthers bringing assault rifles to the Capitol to protest?

You can say you're not sure if you want. But, I have a feeling a lot of you aren't answering because it will show your bias.

So turning away from 50-year old whataboutism, it doesn’t deserve a single byte.

The one guy he shot also had a gun (albeit concealed carry) but why did that guy bring a gun to the protest, too? I would imagine for defensive purposes, right? The only thing I can say is that Rittenhouse should've not been allowed to carry that rifle until he was 18. The way the law was written allowed underage kids those long guns for hunting purposes. But, if you are not in the woods clearly hunting deer or something, it should not be allowed. Rittenhouse clearly wasn't using it for the hunting game purposes.

However, in the very moment he was being attacked, it was self-defense in that moment, regardless of any of the other circumstances. it wasn't like Rittenhouse was pointing his gun at people and charging towards them and then they tried to disarm him because they feared for their lives. That would be different. But, they were chasing Rittenhouse and Rittenhouse was running away and didn't even have his gun pointed at anyone and they were screaming, "Get that dude!!!" Trying to disarm a school shooter would be OK because people fear for their lives. But, someone just holding a gun and running away not pointing it it at anyone makes that person the victim. If Rittenhouse was standing there going, "I'm gonna kill all you!!! You better run!!" and then people charged him trying to disarm him, that would be OK.

So do you agree or disagree with the Panthers bringing assault rifles to the Capitol to protest?

You can say you're not sure if you want. But, I have a feeling a lot of you aren't answering because it will show your bias.
Disagree vehemently!
I'm a patriot and I'm not OK with anyone violently assaulting the government of my country.
Especially when they're violently assaulting the basic functions of our presidential system.
Tom

If we are going to compare different events, it probably pays to look at more than one mere variable involved.

1. All of the persons involved brought legal weapons legally because the nature of the protest was over whether or not weapons should be open carry in the legislative body. That makes carrying a weapon openly a legal form of protest itself. Comparing that to public open carrying in DC Capitol (versus 1967 California), that may not be legally the same. Likewise, comparing to Rittenhouse. Rittenhouse was a child, not an adult, who is not thought to be able to fully comprehend the consequences of his actions and further he thought it was illegal and so did everyone else which is why he had someone else buy it.
2. Beforehand, Rittenhouse said he wanted to shoot looters. I am sure some of the Black Panther members, in particular later on in the party much after this wanted to also shoot people, but I don't have any of that documented. On the other hand, I don't think any of them said they wanted to shoot any of the legislators prior to legally entering the capitol in California.
3. The Black Panthers were allowed into the Capitol building in California by ALL police present and there was no issue with them being there legally. This is quite different than what happened in DC. Also in comparison to KR incidents...Yes, of course it was scary to some people. Compare that to Rittenhouse who was not legally out there because there was a curfew. Likewise KR went on to some other property than he was hired to protect where according to Wisconsin law, he would have no business to try to defend any property with arms...only the one where he was employed.

So...

Sorry I ruined your Black Panther Party.

On the other hand, I don't think any of them said they wanted to shoot any of the legislators prior to legally entering the capitol in California.
3. The Black Panthers were allowed into the Capitol building in California by ALL police present and there was no issue with them being there legally.
Wait a minute.

Are we talking about the Capitol of my country, or some state I've never even visited?
Tell me what you meant by this.
Tom

On the other hand, I don't think any of them said they wanted to shoot any of the legislators prior to legally entering the capitol in California.
3. The Black Panthers were allowed into the Capitol building in California by ALL police present and there was no issue with them being there legally.
Wait a minute.

Are we talking about the Capitol of my country, or some state I've never even visited?
Tell me what you meant by this.
Tom
Think link Generation55 provided was to a google search involving the Black Panthers storming the California Capitol in 1967. Fun fact: nobody died either.

EDIT: I'm a little disappointed with Generation55's strawman argument. Most right wingers are currently sourcing FreedomNewstv (of all places) complaining about the New Black Panthers marching around Glynn County Courthouse. In fact, I half expected certain other members of this forum using this event to point out some imagined hypocrisy from the far left. It's almost as if the far right is expecting me to do their work for them., the lazy cunts

Search-result links is an issue which reminds me of what someone I'll call FS liked to do: post links to search-engine results without posting what he wanted to read in those links. He did a lot of that, and I refused to visit those links.

This is bizarre.

Lauren Boebert challenges Madison Cawthorn to "sprint" for Rittenhouse internship | Salon.com
"Now I do have some colleagues on the Hill who have, just like me, offered Kyle Rittenhouse an internship in their office," she told Newsmax host Sebastian Gorka, a former aide to Donald Trump, during a Tuesday interview. "And Madison Cawthorn, he said that he would arm wrestle me for this Kyle Rittenhouse internship. But Madison Cawthorn has some pretty big guns, and so I would like to challenge him to a sprint instead."

"Let's make this fair," she said of a race against Cawthorn, who uses a wheelchair.

"Allow me to arm wrestle him on your behalf," Gorka responded. "I love a good arm wrestle and I would be happy – Madison's a buddy – I'd be happy to arm wrestle him on your behalf."
noting
Aaron Rupar on Twitter: "On Newsmax, Lauren Boebert challenges Madison Cawthorn to a sprint, with the winner getting to have Kyle Rittenhouse as their intern (link)" / Twitter

So Lauren Boebert joins the club of right-wingers offering internships to KR.

This is bizarre.

Lauren Boebert challenges Madison Cawthorn to "sprint" for Rittenhouse internship | Salon.com
"Now I do have some colleagues on the Hill who have, just like me, offered Kyle Rittenhouse an internship in their office," she told Newsmax host Sebastian Gorka, a former aide to Donald Trump, during a Tuesday interview. "And Madison Cawthorn, he said that he would arm wrestle me for this Kyle Rittenhouse internship. But Madison Cawthorn has some pretty big guns, and so I would like to challenge him to a sprint instead."

"Let's make this fair," she said of a race against Cawthorn, who uses a wheelchair.

"Allow me to arm wrestle him on your behalf," Gorka responded. "I love a good arm wrestle and I would be happy – Madison's a buddy – I'd be happy to arm wrestle him on your behalf."
noting
Aaron Rupar on Twitter: "On Newsmax, Lauren Boebert challenges Madison Cawthorn to a sprint, with the winner getting to have Kyle Rittenhouse as their intern (link)" / Twitter

She challenged a guy in a wheelchair to a sprint???

Without supervision. Key phrase you left out. I fired my first gun when I was 12 and by the time I was 16 I think 4 or 5 different types of firearms. Never unsupervised. Having said that, I'm not sure if supervision would have made a difference in this instance because I'm not entirely certain the adults in Rittenhouse's life are responsible to use firearms either.
I know what you mean. Fired my first gun at 10, a Lee Enfield with a ferocious kick. My great uncle who served in North Africa and New Guinea was my supervisor. Kept drumming into my cousins and I all these rules that I can still remember 50 year later.

Perhaps someone can explain to me how Americans use the term racist or white supremacist.
Rittenhouse is called both yet looking at the reports he is white and he shot white people. How is that racist or makes him a white supremacist?
If I hang around the leadership of Hillsong and members of the Young Liberals, people could make the assumption that I am a Christian conservative.
By that reasoning I must be presumed to be an atheist. :ROFLMAO:

This is bizarre.

noting

She challenged a guy in a wheelchair to a sprint???
I think President Camacho would approve.

Idiocracy is coming sooner than anyone thought.

Back
Top Bottom