• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Roe v Wade is on deck

the care of babies post birth by most pro-lifers is grossly deficient in empathy.
Yeah? Well to hell with the little fuckers. We stuck up for them for nine long months, saving them from their mothers' depravity.
The little ingrates need to get a job, and cut down on the avocado toast.

It's funny to me, not in the good way, the bad way, that so many of these fuckers believe in an elite Democratic conspiracy to kidnap children into the sex trade by luring them into pizza parlors, when their own design for the country is to do more or less exactly that but with cops and CPS workers instead of pizzerias in charge of the recruiting.

If millions of unwanted children are thrown into the foster care system with little oversight or regulation, it's no mystery what will happen to most of those kids. In any given foster home your chances of being sexually abused are 1 in 3, and most kids go through multiple homes, so you can do the math. On top of that conservatives also want to loosen regulation on foster carers and defund social and educational programs, so there will be even fewer eyes on the situation. So it's what's going to happen to most of these unwanted children. They will get raped, and re-raped, and since it's illegal to end a pregnancy, there's no need to "groom" the next generation. If their parents are teenagers, the children of the current generation of sex slaves belong to their current foster parents, so a nice intergenerational trafficking chain will continue to form. This already happens of course, but we only have 40,000 kids in the system. In theory, if we cared more, we could still fight some of these systemic abuses if anyone actually cared about those kids. But if we swamp said system with millions more kids? Hopeless.

Welcome to Jesus' America.

It's funny to me, not in the good way, the bad way, that so many of these fuckers believe in an elite Democratic conspiracy to kidnap children into the sex trade by luring them into pizza parlors, when their own design for the country is to do more or less exactly that but with cops and CPS workers instead of pizzerias in charge of the recruiting.
It is vitally important to these people to protect children from fake problems. You see results instantly!

Actual problems regarding access to broadband, information, housing, food, medical care... that's welfare queen stuff.

But pizzerias? That is something they can get behind! Which really exposes their motives as it has very little to do with the actual welfare of children. Now, I get it, there are pro-lifers out there that actually do make a difference in the lives of children. The trouble is, there aren't many of them.

It is vitally important to these people to protect children from fake problems. You see results instantly!

Actual problems regarding access to broadband, information, housing, food, medical care... that's welfare queen stuff.

But pizzerias? That is something they can get behind! Which really exposes their motives as it has very little to do with the actual welfare of children. Now, I get it, there are pro-lifers out there that actually do make a difference in the lives of children. The trouble is, there aren't many of them.
Good foster carers are statistically insignificant. Abuses of all kinds are rampant, and more than half of foster kids age out of the system at 18 with nowhere to go.

Death cult.

FR7s9mSXwAAozqv
or its a person with a sign
There is the whole technicality of not knowing what she believes. This could be a daughter of a rape victim. It could be a pro-lifer being sarcastic.

Or maybe she's fresh off the Maury show where she found out her real mom put her up for adoption and her foster parents were abusive.

Bigamy had, and has, no legal precedent. Religion and first amendment rights have successfully been used to defend rights, specifically, to drugs and killing otherwise protected wildlife.

Interesting question I was asked. Some people are saying this opinion also opens the way for striking down gay marriage and interracial marriage. If some state does try this, and anti-interracial case gets to SCOTUS, what will Clarance Thomas say?
Some weeks back I had looked up the miscegenation laws when & where I was married because I was making my standard comparison of gay marriage and interracial marriage and I finally decided to track down the local details. At the time I was only interested in it for illustration purposes, but given this epic turd the Supreme Court looks likely to produce I'm glad to find that the offending law had been struck from the books long before I was married and for some reason missed prohibiting my marriage in the first place. (It did prohibit marriage with someone from most of the nearby nations. It also, crazily, prohibited someone who was the product of an improperly mixed relationship from marrying at all.) I can easily imagine the QOP declaring our marriage invalid and subsequently declaring her green card (based on that marriage) and later citizenship invalid. (Never mind that that would leave her stateless, they wouldn't care.)

Death cult.

FR7s9mSXwAAozqv
Suppose she's got some genetic killer and is near the end of her life?

Given that she's wearing only a cloth mask I doubt she has cystic fibrosis, but survival to her age with Tay Sachs is possible these days.

Of course, the most likely explanation is that she's a right wing troll.

The abortion pill. This will be an interesting aside... except if the State has the "best interests" in a "woman's health", SCOTUS will probably vote 5-4 to allow bans on the abortion pill as well. Then we move to the daily use pill. Rinse, wash, repeat. Probably draw the line on condoms.

Neither does abortion... according to 5 Supreme Court justices.

If the Constitution were amended by the proper process right now to include an Amendment forbidding the States from forbidding abortion, it wouldn't matter what the original intention was. The Amendment would have that power.
Amending the US Constitution is just slightly easier than you ejecting a whole watermelon from your rectum.

The abortion pill. This will be an interesting aside... except if the State has the "best interests" in a "woman's health", SCOTUS will probably vote 5-4 to allow bans on the abortion pill as well. Then we move to the daily use pill. Rinse, wash, repeat. Probably draw the line on condoms.
Why stop there? They're after the right to privacy--that would take out everything based on it.

Bigamy had, and has, no legal precedent. Religion and first amendment rights have successfully been used to defend rights, specifically, to drugs and killing otherwise protected wildlife.
Exactly. My neighbors sacrifice animals frequently.

Death cult.

FR7s9mSXwAAozqv

Maybe the kid's sign should read "I wish my mom had exercised bodily autonomy before she got knocked up!"?
Tom
She doesn't strike me as the product of poverty. That's why my thought went to genetics--stuff that could have been screened for.

That is rather why I find arguments from images found on the internet so unconvincing. Bits of video included. There's no real way to figure out any important truths from them.

So, some kid is carrying a sign with a profoundly counterintuitive message. I have no idea why, or even what message she was trying to convey. I'm not even sure if they're a she. Maybe they're a suicidal trans who is resentful about their parents. I dunno.
Tom

Not religious myself, but my fam are Jews and I'm pretty sure that abortion is a religious right.

Back
Top Bottom