• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Rudy Loses In Court Case

Probably not. He chose not to appear in court. That fact is undeniable. He refused to participate in discovery. Again. An undeniable fact. And the law is clear, a defendent who refuses to show up in court as directed loses. Any appeals court is not going to allow an appeal. The facts are clear, and Guiliani and lawyers will swiftly be denied certiorari, right to appeal. Rudy is screwed. There can be no court error to justify reconsidering a case.
Yeah, about the only appeal in a default is if they failed to notify you or some catastrophe prevented you from appearing. Beyond that there's nothing to appeal.

Think he chose to default because the documents they wanted in discovery would probably implicate him in some of the other cases against him
Or he simply can't afford to have people to process the stuff
Yeah, I think it's rather like Alex Jones--judgments far in excess of assets, there's no point in fighting. He's going to be trying to hide assets from the inevitable bankruptcy.

Two Georgia election workers Rudy Giuliani allegedly defamed have won their case against him.
This is sloppy reporting by rawstory.com.

Once the case has been won, the word "alleged" no longer applies. Giuliani didn't allegedly defame these election workers, he defamed them.

That's the actual substance of the actual ruling on which they're allegedly reporting.
Except they didn't win--this is a default judgment.
In law, they won.

That they won because the defendant didn't bother to show up changes nothing.

If a football team forfeits a match because they didn't show up, their opponents are the winner of the match, and collect the prize money, trophy, competition points, or whatever else the winner was to be awarded.

In law, this is no longer an allegation; It's an established legal fact. And it should be reported as such, without the weasel words.

Probably not. He chose not to appear in court. That fact is undeniable. He refused to participate in discovery. Again. An undeniable fact. And the law is clear, a defendent who refuses to show up in court as directed loses. Any appeals court is not going to allow an appeal. The facts are clear, and Guiliani and lawyers will swiftly be denied certiorari, right to appeal. Rudy is screwed. There can be no court error to justify reconsidering a case.
Is melting hair going to play the victimhood card? Weaponized political witch hunts and all that same as his orange master?

He has to pay to play though. Seems like the cash cow's udders have been exhausted and Giuliani was burning it fast.

Meanwhile, Jack Smith is investigating Rudy's heavy drinking habits when he was advising Trump.

What will we do with the drunken lawyer?
Early in the morning!

I often wonder if Rudy -- in his moments alone -- doesn't wish he'd never boarded the Trump Express. He's got to. He'd trade anything to get back the 2016 obituary the NYT had on file for him, versus the obit they've got waiting now. What a decrepit, deceitful old conman he's become. (And of course worse, the way he remorselessly harassed the GA poll workers.) "America's Mayor" (barf).

I assume the following scene from the mockumentary Borat Subsequent Moviefilm (2020) is well known.

I've set the Youtube to start at the very end, where Rudy "tucks his shirt in" and Borat intervenes "for the actress's safety.
Is it not regrettable that Borat didn't let the scene play out for a another half-minute or so? Back it up to about 2:30 and see the actress specifically ask the producer to let the scene play out.

I often wonder if Rudy -- in his moments alone -- doesn't wish he'd never boarded the Trump Express. He's got to. He'd trade anything to get back the 2016 obituary the NYT had on file for him, versus the obit they've got waiting now. What a decrepit, deceitful old conman he's become. (And of course worse, the way he remorselessly harassed the GA poll workers.) "America's Mayor" (barf).
We’ll always have Four Seasons Total Landscaping.

Is it not regrettable that Borat didn't let the scene play out for a another half-minute or so?

I believe every adult who viewed the footage can discern what his intentions were without it going any further. Some just aren't willing to acknowledge it openly.

I don't think it's too far afield to say Rudy is going to die broke and nobody gets anything.

In the meantime, Rudy will stand on the burning deck of the good ship Trump because the slender chance that Trump might pay him for the billed hours is his only hope.

Rudy's case against him by the Freeman's is proceeding. This case will bankrupt him and put a nail in his coffin.

The present court case is to determine damages payable to the two poll workers he defamed. It is expected to take 4 days. Guiliani is so escrewed. For the first day, Rudy showed up late by 20 minutes. The presiding judge was not amused.

I don't think it's too far afield to say Rudy is going to die broke and nobody gets anything.

In the meantime, Rudy will stand on the burning deck of the good ship Trump because the slender chance that Trump might pay him for the billed hours is his only hope.

He is being forced to sell an expensive condo to pay off bills. He was asking $6.5 million, but has dropped down to asking $6.1 million.

He is being forced to sell an expensive condo to pay off bills. He was asking $6.5 million, but has dropped down to asking $6.1 million.
Let me know when the price drops to $1.6 million. I don't have that kind of money but schadenfreude is a cheap thrill.

Let me know when the price drops to $1.6 million. I don't have that kind of money but schadenfreude is a cheap thrill.
Not going to be enough. estimates are that the damages will be in the low to mid 8 digits range.

And this decrepit old conman came out yesterday with a statement that he had told no lies about the women -- this after conceding in court that he had. Must be a signal that he doesn't think he'll pay any damages, he'll just declare bankruptcy. Perhaps he'll have OJ's out, some pension fund that can't be legally attached. After the damage he's done, I hope there's nothing but trouble and rage ahead.

Back
Top Bottom