• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Russia: Don't look for who did the MH17 shootdown

Hey, if my soldiers shot down a plane, I'd be coming up with reasons for people to not look into what happened to that plane too.

I don't recall a tribunal over that Iranian plane shot down by US ship.
The whole idea of creating a tribunal over tragic but nevertheless accident is flat out retarded, or in this case political.

Hey, if my soldiers shot down a plane, I'd be coming up with reasons for people to not look into what happened to that plane too.
You are implying that this the only reason to be against this stupid idea.

Well no, of course not. There's also all the reasons that one can come up with which stem from this reason and can serve to distract others from the fact that this reason is the only one you care about.

Those are all important too because without them you're pretty much just admitting that it was your soldiers who shot down the plane.

You are implying that this the only reason to be against this stupid idea.

Well no, of course not. There's also all the reasons that one can come up with which stem from this reason and can serve to distract others from the fact that this reason is the only one you care about.
Actually, this "tribunal" is a perfect distraction from real investigation
Those are all important too because without them you're pretty much just admitting that it was your soldiers who shot down the plane.
I suppose you stopped beating your wife then.

Of course it is. Random quotes around words make everything a conspiracy.

With all the Trump talk dominating the crazy for the past little bit, it's nice to see the Putin fanboys back to take their moment in the spotlight.

Thanks man. You're great. :p

The whole idea of creating a tribunal over tragic but nevertheless accident is flat out retarded, or in this case political.

There was never any dispute over who shot down the Iranian plane, or why. Afterwards, the US sat down and agreed to pay more than $6o million dollars to make the problem go away, which is they way civilized nations handle this sort of thing.

There was never any dispute over who shot down the Iranian plane, or why. Afterwards, the US sat down and agreed to pay more than $6o million dollars to make the problem go away, which is they way civilized nations handle this sort of thing.
Tribunals are not about "who did that", they are about "what to do with these mothefuckers who intentionally did that", keyword here is "intentionally". There is no dispute that Iranian plane disaster was an accident, and there is no dispute that MH17 was an accident too. That's why tribunal does not apply at all. Now, what we have here is exactly what Lavrov have said, some people want a spectacle and I suspect they don't even expect Russia agree on this stupid tribunal, Russia rejecting it is a spectacle enough for them. And if I am to go all conspiratorial then the reason for this bullshit is to distract from the real search for truth because the truth might be bad for the current Ukrainian government and their western supporters.

Of course it is. Random quotes around words make everything a conspiracy.

With all the Trump talk dominating the crazy for the past little bit, it's nice to see the Putin fanboys back to take their moment in the spotlight.

Thanks man. You're great. :p
I want a tribunal over your wife beating.

You want a good idea tribunal? How about tribunal for Saakashvili?
Oh wait, I forgot, he is a big friend of John McCain and did not start that little war at all.

If you can show I have a beaten wife, then that would be appropriate since it would be imperative to find out who did it. If I tried to stop the tribunal, you wouldn't need to come up with two reasons as to why I was doing that.

We do have a plane that was shot down and there's only one side putting up roadblocks to finding out what happened.

And if I am to go all conspiratorial ...

Oh please. No need for you to start that now.

Just stop beating your wife, man.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can show I have a beaten wife, then that would be appropriate since it would be imperative to find out who did it. If I tried to stop the
tribunal, you wouldn't need to come up with two reasons as to why I was doing that.

We do have a plane that was shot down and there's only one side putting up roadblocks to finding out what happened.
You just admitted beating your wife.

If you hit someone's car, that may be deemed an accident. But if you run from the scene of the accident it's positively a crime.

If Russia someday comes out and says, "sorry, we hit your plane, it was an accident", then the comparison to the US shooting the Iranian passenger plane would be valid. However I think we're going to have to wait a looooong time for that to happen.

If you hit someone's car, that may be deemed an accident. But if you run from the scene of the accident it's positively a crime.
Running is, hitting a car still an accident
If Russia someday comes out and says, "sorry, we hit your plane, it was an accident", then the comparison to the US shooting the Iranian passenger plane would be valid. However I think we're going to have to wait a looooong time for that to happen.
That's irrelevant detail. As I said, tribunals are not for accidents.
And stop implying that Russia did that. The more you do that the more it looks like your side did that.

Of course there was no investigation into who shot it down--there was never an issue as to where the missiles came from! This is totally a red herring.

And it's not the first time they have shot down a civilian airliner.

- - - Updated - - -

Running is, hitting a car still an accident

But fleeing the scene of an injury accident is a felony.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see the relevance.

Back
Top Bottom