• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

RussiaGate

<deny, deny, deny> deleted

Were you in the US, looking at Facebook prior to the election? I didn't know it at the time, but it was fucking SATURATED with Russian troll material.
It's very Trumpian of you to try to make others believe that you have negative evidence about the effect of the hundreds of millions Russian troll/'bot impressions.

I do facebook advertising, BTW and know a little bit about how it works. In fact, my campaigns are to some extend modeled after (actually modified to resemble) Russia's most excellent strategy.
Guess what, barbos -
IT WORKS

It's not like there's any question about that, so you can stop pretending.

Were you in the US, looking at Facebook prior to the election? I didn't know it at the time, but it was fucking SATURATED with Russian troll material.
I am impressed by your ability to detect ethnicity of trolls.
You should have called Zuckerberg and FBI. In fact you should call FBI now and offer your assistance.
It's very Trumpian of you to try to make others believe that you have negative evidence about the effect of the hundreds of millions Russian troll/'bot impressions.
No, I just watched CNN where one of the trolls turned out to be australian, not to mention earlier cases of trolls being high school kids from Romania.
I do facebook advertising,
Then you ARE the problem.
BTW and know a little bit about how it works. In fact, my campaigns are to some extend modeled after (actually modified to resemble) Russia's most excellent strategy.
Guess what, barbos -
IT WORKS
I don't doubt that, I just doubt that large percentage of that troll material comes from russian government or even Russia.
What pretending? You need to stop calling everyone who you don't like a russian, most of them are not.

The Washington Post recently published an update of Russian activities on Facebook: Facebook’s Russia problem won’t go away. Hundreds more accounts purged on the social network. This story was primarily about accounts established by the Internet Research Agency (IRA), located primarily in St. Petersburg. The IRA is a company that pays its workers to manipulate opinion on the Internet.

“Security isn’t a problem you ever fully solve,” Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg wrote in a post on his personal Facebook page. “Organizations like the IRA are sophisticated adversaries who are constantly evolving, but we’ll keep improving our techniques to stay ahead — especially when it comes to protecting the integrity of elections.”

The primarily Russian-language content included entertainment and posts praising Russian President Vladimir Putin and the beauty of Russian cities. The IRA accounts also spent about $167,000 on Facebook and Instagram ads since January 2015, according to Stamos’s blog post.

“We know that the IRA — and other bad actors seeking to abuse Facebook — are always changing their tactics to hide from our security team,” Stamos wrote. “We expect we will find more, and if we do we will take them down too.”

And that is just the tip of the iceberg. You also have hacker groups like  Fancy Bear (likely GRU-affiliated) and  Cozy Bear (likely FSB-affiliated). Russia is widely feared for its skill in  hybrid warfare, which is an online form of  asymmetric warfare. It isn't just about swaying elections in the US. It is a global enterprise.

I am impressed by your ability to detect ethnicity of trolls.
You should have called Zuckerberg and FBI. In fact you should call FBI now and offer your assistance.

No, I just watched CNN where one of the trolls turned out to be australian, not to mention earlier cases of trolls being high school kids from Romania.
I do facebook advertising,
Then you ARE the problem.
BTW and know a little bit about how it works. In fact, my campaigns are to some extend modeled after (actually modified to resemble) Russia's most excellent strategy.
Guess what, barbos -
IT WORKS
I don't doubt that, I just doubt that large percentage of that troll material comes from russian government or even Russia.
What pretending? You need to stop calling everyone who you don't like a russian, most of them are not.

Aw, such butt-hurt.
I don't do political advertising, or distribute Fake News like Russian trolls do. I provide products that SAVE lives, not wreck them like Putin's minions (who may or may not be Russian citizens).
Since you mention it, there are some reliable tells - syntax, grammar, sentence structure.... nothing that you would be able to discern.
BTW, my use of the word "Russian" is an adjective in this context, and a very apt one.

Now we have Putin, who fears being out-machoed by Trump, issuing a threat of retaliation against the "launch sites", depending on the scope of the US attack and potential for Russian casualties. This is beginning to look like the kind of nightmare that Hillary Clinton predicted--an out-of-control nut in charge of a military confrontation. Putin is more in control of himself, but he is also ruled by a testosterone-driven fear of looking weak. His threat of retaliation was probably made under the presumption that Donald Trump would pull back from the brink, if threatened by retaliation. He may not understand that Donald Trump is driven more by his momentary passions than some kind of strategic calculation. Trump may well think that he can bully Putin into making some kind of concession by using our "smart missiles" to impress him.

Trump and his American acolytes have already prepared the ground for anything emanating from the Steele dossier to be denounced to his supporters as fake news and as evidence of Hillary's and the Dems' collusion with the Russians--so c'mon down, pee tape and whatever else the Russians care to throw out there. Trump is I think somewhat pissed off with Putin. And remember, Trump could "discover" how evil the Russians are and have his followers and Fox news and The National Enquirer at al. turn on them.

Aw, such butt-hurt.
I don't do political advertising, or distribute Fake News like Russian trolls do. I provide products that SAVE lives, not wreck them like Putin's minions (who may or may not be Russian citizens).
All advertising is bad.
Since you mention it, there are some reliable tells - syntax, grammar, sentence structure.... nothing that you would be able to discern.
BTW, my use of the word "Russian" is an adjective in this context, and a very apt one.

Sure, you can tell bulgarian/ukrainian/belarussian or american pretending to be russian from an actual russian. Not only that, you can detect russian who works for the government. Call Zuckerberg, he needs your services.

Reminded me that case where some polish hackers tried to pretend to be russians and inserted bunch of russian words into their code using fucking dictionary. American bought it totally.

Now we have Putin, who fears being out-machoed by Trump, issuing a threat of retaliation against the "launch sites", depending on the scope of the US attack and potential for Russian casualties. This is beginning to look like the kind of nightmare that Hillary Clinton predicted--an out-of-control nut in charge of a military confrontation. Putin is more in control of himself, but he is also ruled by a testosterone-driven fear of looking weak. His threat of retaliation was probably made under the presumption that Donald Trump would pull back from the brink, if threatened by retaliation. He may not understand that Donald Trump is driven more by his momentary passions than some kind of strategic calculation. Trump may well think that he can bully Putin into making some kind of concession by using our "smart missiles" to impress him.

Trump and his American acolytes have already prepared the ground for anything emanating from the Steele dossier to be denounced to his supporters as fake news and as evidence of Hillary's and the Dems' collusion with the Russians--so c'mon down, pee tape and whatever else the Russians care to throw out there. Trump is I think somewhat pissed off with Putin. And remember, Trump could "discover" how evil the Russians are and have his followers and Fox news and The National Enquirer at al. turn on them.

"No one could have known Russia was an enemy of the US "....

No, I just watched CNN where one of the trolls turned out to be australian,

I was simply amazed at how many Australians on message boards etc... had a keen interest in the MH 17 incident.
That's not evidence of any kind of conspiracy; it's to be expected that Australians would feel particularly concerned about that incident.

Australians are MASSIVELY overrepresented in the international aviation passengers demographic, and the Asian flag carriers' services from Europe, particularly to Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, and Hong Kong, usually have large numbers of Australians on board.

The top three nationalities of passengers on that flight were: Netherlands (origin of flight) 193/298; Malaysia (destination of flight and home base of the carrier) 43/298; and then Australia 27/298. The next largest nationality was Indonesia (12/298) and the UK (10/298); five other nations were represented in single digits. Almost 10% of passengers on MH17 were Aussies, and that's at the low end of the likely number on any flight on that corridor at the time. A Qantas or British Airways flight would have had a far higher proportion of Australians; as would a Cathay Pacific or Singapore Airlines flight on that route.

At that time, there were no flights from Australia to Europe direct (there still aren't from the Australian East Coast, where most of us live). To get to Europe, Australians either fly via SE Asia, or Arabia, or both. And Australians fly a lot - note that there were almost three times the number of Australians on board as Poms, despite their having about three times our population.

Australians were the largest group of native English speakers on board; of course they were commonly involved in the subsequent discussion on English language websites.

The Pee Tape is easy.

‘How could the Russians use the tape as blackmail. There is nothing illegal in the tape.’

I should toss Kellyanne my resume.

Russia is not an enemy of the United States, so it can't be "treason". There are likely other words that are crimes, however, to describe it.

I doubted that, but I looked it up before ranting, and it appears you are right.

We are in the middle of a ten year treaty with the Russians, due to expire in 2021. So, that is technically correct.

However, I would claim that a government sponsored attack on our Democratic processes is an act of war, dissolving the treaty.

Ya, if a foreign government attacks the US and you help them, that's an act of treason, regardless of whether an official declaration of war has been filled out in triplicate and properly notarized.

Russia is not an enemy of the United States, so it can't be "treason". There are likely other words that are crimes, however, to describe it.

I doubted that, but I looked it up before ranting, and it appears you are right.
You had a doubt?! ;)

We are in the middle of a ten year treaty with the Russians, due to expire in 2021. So, that is technically correct.

However, I would claim that a government sponsored attack on our Democratic processes is an act of war, dissolving the treaty.
Certainly, the layman understanding of the word, it would be 'treason' as Trump would be setting American interests before the Russians because of his own self-interest. However, "treason" is a technical term, so the true legal definition is important.

However, like I said, there are likely other "high crimes" that would be impeachable.

Back
Top Bottom