• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

RussiaGate

Aha! So they admit that they're only "getting" information and haven't had him tried and convicted in a court of law yet. Therefore, this is a nothing burger and everyone should apologize to Trump and Putin for wasting their time with this witch hunt.

Aha! So they admit that they're only "getting" information and haven't had him tried and convicted in a court of law yet. Therefore, this is a nothing burger and everyone should apologize to Trump and Putin for wasting their time with this witch hunt.

Nothing burgers are burgers that don't exist until you choke to death on them.

Latest development in Russia-US great diplomatic war. US suspends issuing visas until September 1 and then extends waiting period to 3 months and restricting everything to the embassy in Moscow..
I admit I did not see that coming, but to be fair, Lavrov himself (who is a smartest living diplomat) did not see that coming either. He tacitly admitted that by saying Russia will not be responding and saying US wants to provoke protests in Russia. Basically US made it extremely difficult to get visa.
I have to give it to State Department, it's a clear win for them.

What did you expect? You kick out our people and yet expect the embassy to operate normally despite not having the staff to do so??
Yes, that's what I and Lavrov expected :) But they say Embassy had not been operating normally prior to staff reduction. And I have to wonder how much all of this is just a convenient excuse. Either way, Lavrov should have seen that coming, maybe he did but it was decided (by Putin) it was the way to go regardless.

Ya, that sounds like less of a diplomatic coup than it does a consequence of not having people working there to do this stuff. If Lavrov did not see coming that kicking out the embassy staff would lead to a slow down in the jobs being done by embassy staff, then he's not the smartest living diplomat, but actually just an idiot.
First, he IS the smartest living diplomat. Second, I admit that americans have perfect opportunity to create bunch of pissed off (at Putin) russians.
Of course most people who travel to US are not Putin's base and probably don't even vote for him. So this thing could be intentional

NYT article:
The relationship between President Trump and Senator Mitch McConnell, the majority leader, has disintegrated to the point that they have not spoken to each other in weeks, and Mr. McConnell has privately expressed uncertainty that Mr. Trump will be able to salvage his administration after a series of summer crises.
In a series of tweets this month, Mr. Trump criticized Mr. McConnell publicly, and berated him in a phone call that quickly devolved into a profane shouting match.

During the call, which Mr. Trump initiated on Aug. 9 from his New Jersey golf club, the president accused Mr. McConnell of bungling the health care issue. He was even more animated about what he intimated was the Senate leader’s refusal to protect him from investigations of Russian interference in the 2016 election, according to Republicans briefed on the conversation.

MSNBC/Maddow: Trump wanted McConnell to ‘protect him’ from Russia scandal probe:
If the New York Times’ reporting is accurate, and the president pressured McConnell to “protect him” from Senate probes into the Trump-Russia scandal, that is very much the sort of thing that might be of interest to Special Counsel Robert Mueller and his team. In fact, it’s hardly outlandish to believe the Senate majority leader could be seen as a witness.

I watched about half an hour of Trump at his rally in Arizona last night (warning: not recommended before bedtime). It was an incredible, pathetic, unremitting rant against the news media and the tv coverage of the event. This dude definitely has a lot he's trying to hide. Reminds me of an episode of Star Trek where an evil Kirk comes out of the transporter and runs amuck, throwing tantrums, demanding respect, and citing conspiracies by his most trusted subordinates.

where an evil Kirk comes out of the transporter and runs amuck, throwing tantrums, demanding respect, and citing conspiracies by his most trusted subordinates.
OMG! That almost makes sense...

What makes MORE sense, though? Trump is actually Dr. Janice Lester!
Someone Trump screwed over because he had more money and power.
Taking over Trump to get revenge against Trump!
To be the one with the money! The sycophants! The ability to shoot someone on a NYC street and get away with it! And acting surprised when no one will execute his enemies just on his say so...

where an evil Kirk comes out of the transporter and runs amuck, throwing tantrums, demanding respect, and citing conspiracies by his most trusted subordinates.
OMG! That almost makes sense...

What makes MORE sense, though? Trump is actually Dr. Janice Lester!
Someone Trump screwed over because he had more money and power.
Taking over Trump to get revenge against Trump!
To be the one with the money! The sycophants! The ability to shoot someone on a NYC street and get away with it! And acting surprised when no one will execute his enemies just on his say so...

I lose track . I think there were 3 episodes where we have a kirk imposter. That one was "Turnabout Intruder". Steve Bannon was played by Dr. Coleman, Dr. Lester's accomplice. I think the one I refered to was "The Enemy Within", where kirk gets split into two separate personalities. The good and the evil. In this case Bannon is played by "... a dog-like animal specimen from the planet, but he and the others are surprised when two identical creatures materialize - one completely docile and the other vicious." In the first one Trump is inhabited by a women's psyche. In the second he tries to rape the lovely and proper Yeoman Janice Rand in a fit of male domination. Which is more representative of fearless leader?

ETA: Dr. Lester was portrayed as being vindictive and vengeful towards kirk who she perceived as having rejected her years before. Think Trump as the brunt of Obama's remarks at the White House Correspondents dinner in 2011. So you're saying maybe Trump has an unresolved Oedipus complex and latent castration anxiety? But Obama is more like Spock than Kirk which gets us into the Vulcan dynamic.

Last edited:
In Enemy Within, Kirk started acting more and more irrationally, including sentencing his officers to death, until otherwise loyal personnel started to refuse his orders. Kirk (secretly Lester) abused his power while simultaneously being ridiculously unqualified to captain a starship.
McCoy describes Kirk(SL) as exhibiting emotional instability and erratic mental attitudes. Scotty notes the captain is red-faced with hysteria.
Kirk(SL) also suffered from a horrible case of penis envy, a belief that men had all the power in Starfleet. It was worse than death to be a woman.

I lose track . I think there were 3 episodes where we have a kirk imposter.
I always wanted to see the pay charts for Kirk's service record. How do you count times when he wasn't really Kirk? Half-pay? Or time-and-a-half for being bunged into a bottle in the line of duty?

Kirk possessed by a woman.

Kirk split in half, his own evil twin.

Kirk replaced by an android (...Your half-breed logic)

Kirk possessed by the spirit of one of the last survivors of a long-dead race (Sargon?)

Kirk with amnesia, thinking himself a god in a stone-age culture (Kurok)

Kirk scrambling to convince Evil Spock that he's still Evil Kirk, while Evil Kirk, who has the ability to survive in Byzantine Starfleet, lacks the skill to just convincingly NOT BE EVIL for 20 minutes in Good Kirk's uniform...

Back
Top Bottom