• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Russian scientists created cure for cancer (all types/kinds of it)

How many people did Stalin have killed, now? And how many deaths are on the head of Adolf Putin?

I thought this thread was about a promising initial mouse study on mRNA vaccines against cancer and a popular press piece that blew it out of proportion.

You are getting detention for derailing this into politics, both of you! You two always have to make it about politics, don't you, Sam and Ivan?

Um … serfdom?
It is not considered slavery. Holopstvo was a russian version of slavery. But it pretty much died on its own long long time ago.
And it was not widespread anyway.

And you missed the point completely. I merely pointed out that your stupid Lysenko comment was irrelevant.
But if you want to continue then here: Lysenko was ukrainian, has nothing to do with Russia.

But if you want to continue then here: Lysenko was ukrainian, has nothing to do with Russia.
And Hitler was Austrian, but Germany elected him chancellor. It's them who get the blame.
Austria and Germany have common language at least, whereas ukrainians and russians are different species (according to ukrainian scientists)
Again, tobacco smoking and Nazi Germany.

You don’t understand. In Russia they have cold fusion, teleportation, psychic telepathy, remote viewing, telekenesis, all heterosexual. Now you add no cancer and invulnerable resurrectable soldiers.

Good point. Since they also have Steven Segal, it seems the only way we can stop them is with Chuck Norris.

Also, of course … uh, gulags? And many other execrable things besides.
Tuskegee experiment.
Japanese internment camps.
Tobacco smoking.
Kardashians.
The difference between the USA and the west in general is that we acknowledge our moral failings and try to correct it.

Unlike China and Russia the west believes in rule of law, freedom of the press, and civil liberties. No one says we are perfect, but it is what we strive for.

Here in the USA we went from slavery to a civil war to Jim Crow racism to equal rights and affirmative action to a black president. Integration of a once racist pro sports system.

You could not pay me to go to Russia, Iran, China, or Iran. I am too used to publicly speaking my mind on region and politics.

In contrast to the west Russia and China has a rigid oppressive quasi dictatorship.

People express themselves with their feet. US,France, Canada, UK are places people try to get to.

Russia has a declining population and nobody wants to go there to work , except for North Koreans who are treated badly.

The difference between the USA and the west in general is that we acknowledge our moral failings and try to correct it.
Wake me up when you correct Iraq invasion.
For the record. USSR corrected forementioned Lysenkovshina rather quickly.
You on the other hand have not corrected anything let alone acknowledged.
"America is great! and let's not talk about what we just did, America is Great!"
this is the american way,

Except for Donald Rump, the Republican party, Nat-Cs (NATionalist Christians) and Faux News., who would repeat the mistake of electing Rump.
Unlike China and Russia the west believes in rule of law, freedom of the press, and civil liberties.
Except for Rump, the Republican party, Nat-Cs (NATionalist Christians) and Faux News.
I am too used to publicly speaking my mind on region and politics.
Until Rump gets elected.
In contrast to the west Russia and China has a rigid oppressive quasi dictatorship.
Until Rump gets elected. And we become like that too.

People express themselves with their feet. US,France, Canada, UK are places people try to get to.
Exactly. It's the ultimate ballot. Look at the net flow between location A and location B. And look at what happens when couples form between locations--typically the laws allow them to choose either location. What do they choose? There was never any real discussion between my wife and I, between China and the US there was no need to compare the pros and cons, we both knew the answer was clearly the US. We never even looked at what the rules would be for me to live in China. (Admittedly, back then looking for the rules wouldn't be nearly as easy as it would be today.) There was also little question about what to do when she became eligible for citizenship.

A derail into history and politics for sure. It is hard to resist Barbos's proclamations.

Yes Trump is a wanna be Mussolini, but he is not unique in our politics, he's just on the extreme end.

Our progressive saint FDR tried to change the size of the Supermen Court so he could pack it with judges who would not challenge his New Deal programs.

Evidence says JFK probably did steal the election, widespread voter fraud fostered by hi father. Deals with unions and organize crime.

The question from the start was whether or not rule by the common people by democratic processes would work, and it still an open question across western liberal democracies..

The framers of the constitution did nit what the president elected by popular vote because of people like Trump. The electors were to be landholders and business owners with a vested interest in stability.

So, our system is far from perfect. Democratic presses say if the majority want Trump that is who we get.

Back
Top Bottom