• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Russian students demand Barack Obamabe judged for his crimes. Appeal to the United Nations

And prosecute Putin for his actions in Syria?

He's been far more reckless about hitting civilians that we are.

The casualty figures are not fully known and possibly never will be. Killing 1,000 or killing 100 in one raid does not mean the one who killed less is any better. Perhaps he destroyed less buildings.

- - - Updated - - -

The Russians are seeking more democratic forms of government. In the US the public can criticize its own president. In Russia they also have that right.

Well, it's just so hypocritical for Russians to be shaming any country over foreign policy. Have they not heard of the carpet bombing in Syria. I could go on and on and on....

These students have no control over the actions of their government.

And they are absolutely right.

As Chomsky has demonstrated many times. If US presidents were subject to the rules established at Nuremberg every single one after WWII would all be hung, including Obama.

Buddy: you always say that Americans can't criticize the actions of other foreign countries and/or terrorists because our government is worse. Why the double standard?

This "who is more careful at bombing the shit out" thing is utterly irrelevant. The question is, who is responsible for this whole mess and the answer is US. US is responsible for the mess in ME and now Ukraine. US state department is run by B- students and the whole world suffer because of it.

This "who is more careful at bombing the shit out" thing is utterly irrelevant. The question is, who is responsible for this whole mess and the answer is US. US is responsible for the mess in ME and now Ukraine. US state department is run by B- students and the whole world suffer because of it.

How in the world is the US responsible for Ukraine??! You don't know your history very well. Sure the US supports democratic elections there, not the previous dictator. But you need to study the history of Ukraine in order to understand why so many (especially in Western Ukraine) dislike and distrust mother Russia! The history goes back way before the US was even formed.

How in the world is the US responsible for Ukraine??! You don't know your history very well. Sure the US supports democratic elections there, not the previous dictator. But you need to study the history of Ukraine in order to understand why so many (especially in Western Ukraine) dislike and distrust mother Russia! The history goes back way before the US was even formed.
That's rich, You claim I don't know the history :)
I am sorry but neither you nor whole State Department knows shit about history.
But I am glad that you at least agree that US is responsible for the mess in ME.

As Chomsky has demonstrated many times. If US presidents were subject to the rules established at Nuremberg every single one after WWII would all be hung, including Obama.

Buddy: you always say that Americans can't criticize the actions of other foreign countries and/or terrorists because our government is worse. Why the double standard?

Never said it.

My have pointed out how the US is far worse in some area which is many times the case.

Obama's drone program is criminal, it creates more terrorists than it kills...

And if the Nuremberg principles were applied he would hang for it.

But I am glad that you at least agree that US is responsible for the mess in ME.

I'm totally against our policy in the ME. I think that we should completely pull out. It's been said a million times, Bush's Iraq invasion was our worst foreign policy in our history. But again to claim that US is the only factor destabilizing the ME is a misunderstanding of history. The tribal conflict between the Sunnis and Shia goes back way before the founding of the US.

Below is a good article regarding how Viktor was ousted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/04/w...-defeated-even-before-he-was-ousted.html?_r=0

But again, the mistrust of Russia goes far back in history.

I'm totally against our policy in the ME. I think that we should completely pull out. It's been said a million times, Bush's Iraq invasion was our worst foreign policy in our history.
Here is a news flash for you, Iraq is not the whole ME, There is Syria too, and Lybia is essentially the same shit. ANd here is another news flash for you, Obama is as much responsible as Bush, and Clinton is also responsible. In fact the same damn people are determining US foreign policy regardless who is the president
But again to claim that US is the only factor destabilizing the ME is a misunderstanding of history. The tribal conflict between the Sunnis and Shia goes back way before the founding of the US.

How do you know it's good?
I am not going to read it, but just tell you one thing, despite your claims otherwise, Yanukovich was democratically elected to his presidency.
Yes he was a thief but so is current president whose election was not that democratic.
What does it have to do with anything?
Do you mean you base your opinion on your long historical mistrust of Russia? and not on the facts?

I'm totally against our policy in the ME. I think that we should completely pull out. It's been said a million times, Bush's Iraq invasion was our worst foreign policy in our history.
Here is a news flash for you, Iraq is not the whole ME, There is Syria too, and Lybia is essentially the same shit. ANd here is another news flash for you, Obama is as much responsible as Bush, and Clinton is also responsible. In fact the same damn people are determining US foreign policy regardless who is the president
But again to claim that US is the only factor destabilizing the ME is a misunderstanding of history. The tribal conflict between the Sunnis and Shia goes back way before the founding of the US.

I am not going to read it, but just tell you one thing, despite your claims otherwise, Yanukovich was democratically elected to his presidency.
Yes he was a thief but so is current president whose election was not that democratic.
Do you mean you base your opinion on your long historical mistrust of Russia? and not on the facts?

I'm not trying to argue with you and put down your opinion. Yea, US foreign policy has made many many mistakes. Not much of a headline here. But you are blaming everything the US. My point is that the problems in the US go back a 1,000 years. Probably the biggest foreign policy blunder was realigning the area's borders after WW1. Same thing in Ukraine. The mistrust that western Ukrainians have for Russia and even Eastern Ukrainians goes back a long time. Here is a good start:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia–Ukraine_relations

I'm not trying to argue with you and put down your opinion. Yea, US foreign policy has made many many mistakes. Not much of a headline here. But you are blaming everything the US.
No, I am not blaming everything on US, just that US always takes bad situation and makes it worse.
My point is that the problems in the US go back a 1,000 years. Probably the biggest foreign policy blunder was realigning the area's borders after WW1.

Same thing in Ukraine. The mistrust that western Ukrainians have for Russia and even Eastern Ukrainians goes back a long time. Here is a good start:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia–Ukraine_relations
Do you realize that I had spent 2 years in Russian army with these fucking western ukrainians?
So take this link and shove it up your patronizing ass.

Because it's really about US-bashing, not the facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Russia is the one that invaded the Ukraine, how are we responsible? For not kowtowing to Putin??

The U.S. has done some bad shit?

Whhhaaaaaaaat???

This is new information.

This calls for a Yaknov Smirnoff moment:

In America I can walk right up to Barak Obama and tell him "I don't like you Barak Obama!" And I can do the same thing in Russia. I can walk right up to Vladimir Putin and say, "I don't like Barak Obama!"

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

This "who is more careful at bombing the shit out" thing is utterly irrelevant. The question is, who is responsible for this whole mess and the answer is US. US is responsible for the mess in ME and now Ukraine.
Ukraine? That is a stretch. The US is responsible for a good deal of the most recent Middle East stuff (last 15 years). Destabilizing areas with drone strikes. Central America and their gang issues. But we haven't fucked up Australia or Iceland.
US state department is run by B- students and the whole world suffer because of it.
That's not true... not the whole world.

Because it's really about US-bashing, not the facts.

The facts speak for themselves.

Millions dead in Vietnam and Cambodia.

A terrorist attack of Iraq that included random roundups and torture and left us with ISIS

The US is a menace, not a police officer or example for the world to follow.

Well, it's an American police officer. Those tend to kill a lot more people than police officers in other countries.

The U.S. has done some bad shit?

Whhhaaaaaaaat???

This is new information.

This calls for a Yaknov Smirnoff moment:

In America I can walk right up to Barak Obama and tell him "I don't like you Barak Obama!" And I can do the same thing in Russia. I can walk right up to Vladimir Putin and say, "I don't like Barak Obama!"

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

You joke, but this is one * of the reasons I can forgive the hypocrisy of these students for laying aim only at the US. Russia is run by a thin-skinned totalitarian asshole. You try to criticize Putin in Russia and you might end up living a half-life (pun intended). Obama can take the criticism and has shown signs of regret regarding some of the shit that has happened under his watch. Putin can't take the criticism, and shows no regret.

Obama is a man. Putin is a child.

* The other reason I can forgive the hypocrisy is because it's impossible to tell how much the Russian propaganda machine going back to before the cold war has affected the ability of these students and their parents to perceive American atrocities compared to Russian ones.

In America I can walk right up to Barak Obama and tell him "I don't like you Barak Obama!"

Do you have a specific plan to get "right up" to him?

Hey, don't ask me the hard questions; ask Yakov. I'm only channeling him--which isn't easy to do being that I'm in California and he's killin' it out in Branson, Missouri. But in Russia, Branson kills you!

Back
Top Bottom