• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Russian students demand Barack Obamabe judged for his crimes. Appeal to the United Nations

Really? I was brainwashed? So when I as native russian speaker listen to original tape and than english article about it and see that english article is a lie to put it mildly I am being brainwashed?
Here's a riddle for you:

Two men stand before you at a fork in the road. The first tells you to go left and that the second man is a liar. The second man tells you the first is a liar and that you should go right? You don't get to ask them any questions.

Which one is the liar and which way should you go?

There is no way to tell which man is the liar and which is telling the truth. Just like there is no way to tell between two news articles which one is more accurate than the other... unless you go out and find some additional evidence for yourself. Your weird insistence that you read two articles and decided one of them was a lie is very unconvincing.

Also, have you even considered that both men and both articles might be liars? Did you consider not going Right or Left but instead going back the way you came? The truth is not usually as plain and simple as a riddle.

You clearly have certain biases that you are not willing to examine regarding Russia and the West.

You clearly have certain biases that you are not willing to examine regarding Russia and the West.
Of course I do. So when some lovely russian opposition lady gets invited to the Daily Show and talks how Putin is bad and then refers to the audio tape of ukrainian rebels talking, I go to the Internet and listen to that tape too and see that she lied, OK, distorted the truth about content of the tape, all I can say - What the fuck? That's my bias talking.
I am sorry, but the truth of the matter is that western propaganda may work on the West, but it has quite the opposite effect in Russia, it only makes Putin support stronger.

Of course I do. So when some lovely russian opposition lady gets invited to the Daily Show and talks how Putin is bad and then refers to the audio tape of ukrainian rebels talking, I go to the Internet and listen to that tape too and see that she lied, OK, distorted the truth about content of the tape, all I can say - What the fuck? That's my bias talking.
I am sorry, but the truth of the matter is that western propaganda may work on the West, but it has quite the opposite effect in Russia, it only makes Putin support stronger.

No one is saying there not media bias against Russia occasionally in the west, but frankly most people don't really care what happens Russia.

What YOU should care about is the apparent excess mortality rate for journalists and opposition, the poor free speech rights and the myriad of social problems you have in Russia.

But you shouldn't believe what I say. Test it for yourself. Try to exercise your free speech rights, try to rally a demonstration against Putin and see what happens. Its the only way for YOU to make sure you haven't been brainwashed.

No one is saying there not media bias against Russia occasionally in the west,
occasionally? that's awfully nice way to put it.
but frankly most people don't really care what happens Russia.

What YOU should care about is the apparent excess mortality rate for journalists and opposition, the poor free speech rights and the myriad of social problems you have in Russia.
Problem with advice coming from US is that there is strong suspicion that all these issues are not the goal but a tool, and goal is something quite different,
But you shouldn't believe what I say. Test it for yourself. Try to exercise your free speech rights, try to rally a demonstration against Putin and see what happens. Its the only way for YOU to make sure you haven't been brainwashed.
You keep blindly projecting your views on other cultures and countries.
I can test it and I am pretty sure I will get away with it alive and well. Can you suggest the same experiment in Saudi Arabia? Key US ally in Middle East.
So, do you understand why I think all this talk about human rights and other stuff is just a tool?

We only seem evil because we are compared to Russia. Of course, Russia never invades anyone. They are a great force for peace, stability, and extreme avoidance of civilian discomfort. Compared to the Russians, any country would appear to be a menace.
Russia has conducted their fair share of invasions but there is a difference between Russia and US. Russia usually have good excuse, US often does not. So as I said there is a lot of projecting on US part here.

The Russian "excuse" is normally the puppets they infiltrated.

Russia has conducted their fair share of invasions but there is a difference between Russia and US. Russia usually have good excuse, US often does not. So as I said there is a lot of projecting on US part here.

The Russian "excuse" is normally the puppets they infiltrated.
No, Russian excuse is usually "OK, enough of you on our border already"
That's why Russia unlike some more "civilized" countries has no oversees territories, well, they could not compete with you anyway even if they wanted.
Whereas American excuse is usually "Great bird you have here, how do you call it? Turkey? By the way, get the hell out of here!"
And remarkably this M.O. still continues, in much more milder fashion but continues. US should scale back their democratizing invasions and see what happens. I think Ukraine and Russia can manage on their own.

Back
Top Bottom