• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Russian students demand Barack Obamabe judged for his crimes. Appeal to the United Nations

Whether or not Russia or anyone else has violated human rights is irrelevant. It doesn't excuse another party (in this case the United States).

These students in a very short video indicated why they believe America should be on trial.
If you believe another party should be as well then you need to make a case. Doesn't that sound reasonable?

Unfortunately this thread is devolving predictably. Some one suggests America should be called to account and justifications for killing civilians.

It's after 3:30 in the morning here so I'm not going to look up exact figures yet. I will note that Libya was a multinational action, meaning that the USA is not responsible for all of the civilian deaths there (and that's leaving aside the fact that the guy this multinational coalition took out was gearing up to do just as bad or worse)

How could anyone have done worse?
Have you seen what has happened in Libya? Are you serious?
FWIW, the UN sanctioned the events in Libya, so it would be pretty weird to argue for a UN trial for Pres. Obama's crimes in implementing portions of the resolution along with the EU leaders.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Security_Council_Resolution_1973

And I was never in favor of the Somalization of Libya...

China does not have free speech. Russia does, it's just not easy, and US actions make it even harder.

Now it's the US's fault for poor free speech in Russia?? Do you ever find fault in anything that Russia does?
Yes, US is not helping free speech in Russia when they automatically back up every scum which is "opposed" to Putin. US should really invest into background checks for people they support.
Here's a question for you: Russia controlled Eastern Europe for almost the entire 20th century. Of course, they influenced the area for many generations before WW2. Now that the Eastern Europeans have a choice, they are flocking towards the east.
Yes, some people are flocking to the east, I am glad you agree that Crimeans and Eastern Ukrainians have a right for a voice.
They all want to join NATO and are embracing western values. Why? Even Serbia is 50/50 that it will move east or west.
Serbia does not want NATO, and even Ukraine does not want it currently, are you surprised?
As for Baltic States, who are currently in NATO then their government wants more NATO involvement in order to distract their people from economic slump. And yes I have distant relatives there I know. Ordinary people don't believe in russian threat.
And we bombed the shit out of them during the Serbia/bosnia civil war
Yes, you did, then you bought their government. And you really did not bomb the shit out,
. So if Russia is so wonderful, why are all the eastern countries moving towards the west?
For economical reasons. Nobody in Europe is scared of russian invasion.
You can't blame everything on the CIA can you?
I don't, only when they are to blame.

If these students criticized Putin for anything, they would be jailed, or worse. you understand they don't have free speech over there, right? This is WHY they have no independent media, duh!

It is also illegal to admit the existence of homosexuality in front of a minor... you cannot even acknowledge there is such a thing in Russia.

So, let's drop that whole outrage with other countries act right the fuck now, you commie bastards.

go post some bad driving videos on youtube.. that's the best Russian citizens can do for their own country.
We need more in depth analysis like this.

Like the in depth analysis that the citizens of that country are performing on the state of their own nation... right...

The vast majority of responses to this appear to be right in line of the 'kettle, meet pot" kin. so, your opinion seems to be in the deep minority here.

Now it's the US's fault for poor free speech in Russia?? Do you ever find fault in anything that Russia does?
Yes, US is not helping free speech in Russia when they automatically back up every scum which is "opposed" to Putin. US should really invest into background checks for people they support.

And you are missing the point. Putin is going nationalist to drum up support. As such, he's trying to return to the era of the cold war. That's a very scary thing, if we are supporting the opposition (and I have no evidence that we are. Of course Putin would claim we are to discredit them) that's a good thing.

Twice your fucked-up system almost caused WWIII because your crappy systems can't figure out what they're actually looking at. (Incident #1: High clouds over our missile fields. Incident #2: Range-only radars that couldn't figure out the "missile" was heading north, coupled with a bureaucracy that lost the launch notification.)

Here's a question for you: Russia controlled Eastern Europe for almost the entire 20th century. Of course, they influenced the area for many generations before WW2. Now that the Eastern Europeans have a choice, they are flocking towards the east.
Yes, some people are flocking to the east, I am glad you agree that Crimeans and Eastern Ukrainians have a right for a voice.

Your edits have no connection to reality. All movement from west to east has not been voluntary.

They all want to join NATO and are embracing western values. Why? Even Serbia is 50/50 that it will move east or west.
Serbia does not want NATO, and even Ukraine does not want it currently, are you surprised?
As for Baltic States, who are currently in NATO then their government wants more NATO involvement in order to distract their people from economic slump. And yes I have distant relatives there I know. Ordinary people don't believe in russian threat.
Yes, you did, then you bought their government. And you really did not bomb the shit out,
. So if Russia is so wonderful, why are all the eastern countries moving towards the west?

Putting all your issues to the side, do you agree that a sovereign country has the right to drift east, west, north, south or wherever they want to drift? Secondly, would you agree that Poland, the Baltic states, Serbia, and Finland are all sovereign countries?

And you are missing the point. Putin is going nationalist to drum up support.
I can't possibly miss this point because that would violate causality law. It is you who keeps missing the point.
As such, he's trying to return to the era of the cold war.
No, it's US trying to return to the era of cold war. Need I remind you that it was US/UK who started it the first time? Now you restart it again.
That's a very scary thing, if we are supporting the opposition (and I have no evidence that we are. Of course Putin would claim we are to discredit them) that's a good thing.

Twice your fucked-up system almost caused WWIII because your crappy systems can't figure out what they're actually looking at.
Dude, you have had your fair share of cases too. Don't know how is that relevant here though.
(Incident #1: High clouds over our missile fields. Incident #2: Range-only radars that couldn't figure out the "missile" was heading north, coupled with a bureaucracy that lost the launch notification.)
You should have provided better equipment to USSR. Again, don't see the relevance.

Your edits have no connection to reality. All movement from west to east has not been voluntary.
There were no edits. original post had word "east" in it, and you are wrong about second part as well.

Putting all your issues to the side, do you agree that a sovereign country has the right to drift east, west, north, south or wherever they want to drift? Secondly, would you agree that Poland, the Baltic states, Serbia, and Finland are all sovereign countries?
Cuban missile crisis, and Cuban revolution in the first place, Does Cuba have a right to drift anywhere?
Does Central America have a right to drift without Oliver North and his death squads?
I think US is projecting when they say it's Russia meddling. Russia has very little to do with what happening in Ukraine. It's people who US backed in order to get Ukraine from Russia. when these people (who are still in charge) go on twitter and twit referring to crimeans and south-east Ukraine "Promise them anything they want now, we will hang them later". That was before shit hit the fan in spring 2014. That's a kind of people US helped to come to power in Ukraine. Irony is, they have not listened to that suggestion and went full "No soup for you!" on Crimea and South-East. No wonder they said "We can make soup without you"

As for Baltic states, then they should look at Finland and copy. Fact is, Russia has security considerations and NATO (Pentagon really) has shown its true colors. I am not saying NATO has some plans to invade Russia, but they sure as hell have plans about having plans in case Russia becomes weak and nukeless.
In reality of course, mere ability to mount successful invasion is an invaluable tool in politics.

Last edited:

Cuban missile crisis, and Cuban revolution in the first place, Does Cuba have a right to drift anywhere?
Russia has very little to do with what happening in Ukraine. It's people who US backed in order to get Ukraine from Russia. when these people (who are still in charge) go on twitter and twit referring to crimeans and south-east Ukraine "Promise them anything they want now, we will hang them later". That was before shit hit the fan in spring 2014. That's a kind of people US helped to come to power in Ukraine. Irony is, they have not listened to that suggestion and and went full "No soup for you!" on Crimea and South-East.

As for Baltic states, then they should look at Finland and copy. Fact is, Russia has security considerations and NATO has shown its true colors. I am not saying NATO has some plans to invade Russia, but they sure as hell have plans about having plans in case Russia becomes weak and nukeless.
In reality of course, mere ability to mount successful invasion is an invaluable tool in politics.
Actually, Finland is very worried about the new aggressive Russia. As a result, they are moving westwards. It is Russia that is to blame for the Baltic states and Poland embracing the west. They simply don't want to be ruled by foreigners again. Do you blame them?

Actually, Finland is very worried about the new aggressive Russia. As a result, they are moving westwards. It is Russia that is to blame for the Baltic states and Poland embracing the west. They simply don't want to be ruled by foreigners again. Do you blame them?
Wrong on all counts, but pretty good impression of western propaganda.

Last edited:

What part was wrong? Are you really surprised that eastern European countries became very alarmed when Russia took back eastern Ukraine? Below is an interesting story describing how the Nordic countries are very concerned and how they are banding together to try to deter future Russian aggression:

http://www.isn.ethz.ch/Digital-Library/Articles/Detail/?lng=en&id=196574

What part was wrong?
I told you - wrong on all counts.
Are you really surprised that eastern European countries became very alarmed when Russia took back eastern Ukraine?
Russia have not taken Eastern Ukraine yet.
Below is an interesting story describing how the Nordic countries are very concerned and how they are banding together to try to deter future Russian aggression:
You are confusing people with propaganda in media. As I said, practically nobody is worried about Russian invasion.

And you are missing the point. Putin is going nationalist to drum up support.
I can't possibly miss this point because that would violate causality law. It is you who keeps missing the point.
No, it's US trying to return to the era of cold war. Need I remind you that it was US/UK who started it the first time? Now you restart it again.

Huh? Russia was the one who gobbled up Eastern Europe!

That's a very scary thing, if we are supporting the opposition (and I have no evidence that we are. Of course Putin would claim we are to discredit them) that's a good thing.

Twice your fucked-up system almost caused WWIII because your crappy systems can't figure out what they're actually looking at.
Dude, you have had your fair share of cases too. Don't know how is that relevant here though.

Our issues have been purely internal and thus readily discredited when another sensor looked.

(Incident #1: High clouds over our missile fields. Incident #2: Range-only radars that couldn't figure out the "missile" was heading north, coupled with a bureaucracy that lost the launch notification.)
You should have provided better equipment to USSR. Again, don't see the relevance.

And you would have trusted them???

In some cases we did provide systems. Your warhead security devices are a gift from Washington--we didn't want terrorists being able to use a bomb if they managed to steal one.

There were no edits. original post had word "east" in it, and you are wrong about second part as well.

Why, then, does every movement from west to east involve Soviet troops? The movements from east to west don't involve NATO troops.

You prefer Red Army to let Hitler have it?

Our issues have been purely internal and thus readily discredited when another sensor looked.
What the fuck does that supposed to mean? You had your fair share of fuckups, period. And it was you whpo started the cold war in the first place, period.

And you would have trusted them???
Of course they would, why would not they?
In some cases we did provide systems. Your warhead security devices are a gift from Washington--we didn't want terrorists being able to use a bomb if they managed to steal one.
You see, you are not so stupid as you look.

Why, then, does every movement from west to east involve Soviet troops? The movements from east to west don't involve NATO troops.
What the fuck are you talking about?
There are no more soviet troops.
Are you feeling OK? you post unusual (even for yourself) amount of incoherent nonsense lately.

We didn't gobble up the portion of Europe we liberated.

What the fuck does that supposed to mean? You had your fair share of fuckups, period. And it was you whpo started the cold war in the first place, period.

What's your evidence of this?

Are you feeling OK? you post unusual (even for yourself) amount of incoherent nonsense lately.

Quit the nonsense. The name change from "Soviet" to "Russian" doesn't change things.

The pro-Russians in this thread greatly remind me of 9/11 truthers.

We didn't gobble up the portion of Europe we liberated.

What's your evidence of this?
Mmmm, accepted (by the West too) history.

Quit the nonsense. The name change from "Soviet" to "Russian" doesn't change things.
Senator McCain, is that you? Head doctor called, they want to examine your head.

The pro-Russians in this thread greatly remind me of 9/11 truthers.
Who is pro-russian here? don't see anyone.

Last edited:
The facts speak for themselves.

Millions dead in Vietnam and Cambodia.

A terrorist attack of Iraq that included random roundups and torture and left us with ISIS

The US is a menace, not a police officer or example for the world to follow.

We only seem evil because we are compared to Russia. Of course, Russia never invades anyone. They are a great force for peace, stability, and extreme avoidance of civilian discomfort. Compared to the Russians, any country would appear to be a menace.
Russia has conducted their fair share of invasions but there is a difference between Russia and US. Russia usually have good excuse, US often does not. So as I said there is a lot of projecting on US part here.

Barbos, if you really believe all that, then you have been brainwashed.

I encourage you to go experience the outside real world, and get the facts yourself first hand, and not from anyone else.

Barbos, if you really believe all that, then you have been brainwashed.
Really? I was brainwashed? So when I, as native russian speaker, listen to original tape and then english article about it and see that english article is a distortion to put it mildly I am brainwashed?
I encourage you to go experience the outside real world, and get the facts yourself first hand, and not from anyone else.

Any other advice from a person who can barely find Ukraine on the map?

Back
Top Bottom