• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

San Francisco, the shoplifter's paradise!

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU6o2MIuMQc[/YOUTUBE]

The curious thing is that despite their complaints, these people will continue to vote Democrat.

Just not curious enough for Republicans to decide that maybe they should change the direction of their party.

Nope, better to just try to suppress the vote some more. If they aint gonna vote Republican, gotta make sure they caint vote at all.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU6o2MIuMQc[/YOUTUBE]

The curious thing is that despite their complaints, these people will continue to vote Democrat.

Just not curious enough for Republicans to decide that maybe they should change the direction of their party.

Nope, better to just try to suppress the vote some more. If they aint gonna vote Republican, gotta make sure they caint vote at all.

Uh, how much power do you think Republicans have in SF?

They might have a bit more if they actually tried appealing to voters.

Now If we can add Critical Race Theory to police training
You started so well, but had to ruin it! CRT is nothing but scapegoating white people for all the ills in society. The axiom is that all white people are racist but that blacks can't be racist by definition.
It's idiotic.

Your posts often seem intelligent, but you've let us down here. Why not take the time to Google and find out what CRT is if you're going to talk about it?

Or do you feel you've learned all you need to know about it from Tucker Carlsen?

Precious little since Eisenhower, but it's their own fault.

Maybe they would have more if they changed their stupid policy positions.

What Republican policy positions with regard to crime in SF, or in California for that matter, do you think are stupid?

What Republican policy positions with regard to crime in SF, or in California for that matter, do you think are stupid?

Do they have some?

As far as I can tell, the only Republican positions are owning the libs, blocking the vote, and obstruction.

Do they have some?

As far as I can tell, the only Republican positions are owning the libs, blocking the vote, and obstruction.

I specifically said with regard to SF and CA. There is no "owning the libs, blocking the vote and obstruction" to speak of there. Check out the chart on this page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_party_strength_in_California

See all the blue boxes at the bottom of the chart? All since 2011 are solid blue (and blue back 20 years ago, except for when Arnold was Gov). Its the same story going down to the county and city level government for SF. Seems pretty hard to blame Republicans for SF's current problems.

Do they have some?

I specifically said with regard to SF and CA. There is no "owning the libs, blocking the vote and obstruction" to speak of there. Check out the chart on this page:

See all the blue boxes at the bottom of the chart? All since 2011 are solid blue (and blue back 20 years ago, except for when Arnold was Gov). Its the same story going down to the county and city level government for SF. Seems pretty hard to blame Republicans for SF's current problems.

Since you seem to know, why don't you tell us the Cal Reps policies?

Do they have some?

Well, if I meet one someday, I'll ask him.

https://www.sfgop.org/resolutions.html

As near as I can see, the civic organization has no unified position on this particular issue, though presumably their ardent support for a more numerous, well-funded, and heavily armed police agency strongly suggests what they perhaps think ought to be done about shoplifters -- ignore the issue at the governmental level and simply expect a largely unregulated community police force to try and solve the issue on their own by whatever means they can. It seems unlikely that this would help much, given the current state of things, and it ends up passing the buck for all of it right back to the city, while inundating the already over-stressed court system with thousands of expensive petty crime cases. They offer no solution toi the problems that would be raised by the response they are only willing to imply, though in respect of their position, they do clarify that this hould be a community police force that does not engage in violence, as opposed to the Trump regime's usual position of unhinged violence for every infraction. They do seem to have adopted (at the civic level) some of the data on the efficacy of community-based policing models. However, since that part of their message is shared by the Democratic party, we don't need to replace the government in order to pursue that avenue.

At the state level, the Republicans seem very concerned about the crime issue, but their only stated recommendation as regards a solution is to recall current governor Gavin Newsom. I see no logical reason why doing so would reduce the frequency of shoplifting.

Do they have some?

Personally, I don't blame republicans, I blame... Well there isn't a good word in my vocabulary for who it is I blame. I will use many words instead:

Once upon a time there was a person. This person's parents learned a thing from their parents, and we're not particularly bright. Then those parents taught their child, who may or may not be particularly bright, the mutated version of what their parents taught them.

Of course, this game of generational telephone among people perhaps not even fertile ground for such complex thought as they are asked to transmit will corrupt any message too wide for the available bandwidth, and it will stay corrupted in the kind of anyone without the processing power to derive the uncorrupted version from the corrupted text

In fact the errors, I would expect, would be the most readily apparent errors to step into: the path has pitfalls in the same places and some are commonly stepped into. And so, this game played among millions of families, will eventually yield a number of predictable splinters of idiocy and intractability from that idiocy.

It is the same thing generally that drives me to despise conservative thought in most places, but these "basic liberals" are to me just as bad as "basic conservatives", however it's much more dangerous to be a "basic conservative" as at least the "basic liberals" are basic around less awful core material

And as to not-basic conservatives, well, we see them in the likes of McConnell, and Koch.

See also: Democrats Unseating Each Other II

Well, if I meet one someday, I'll ask him.

Does this mean that, unlike Trausti, you do not find it curious as to why those people will continue to vote Democrat?

I am curious, actually. I just haven't been able to quite figure it out. The nearest I can fathom is that its like an abused woman who keeps going back to her abusive husband, despite the irrationality of that. Its what she's familiar with and perhaps its all she knows. And continues to believe his broken promises about how he'll change and a better life awaits. And she thinks things will inevitably get worse if she makes a drastic change.

Does this mean that, unlike Trausti, you do not find it curious as to why those people will continue to vote Democrat?

I am curious, actually. I just haven't been able to quite figure it out. The nearest I can fathom is that its like an abused woman who keeps going back to her abusive husband, despite the irrationality of that. Its what she's familiar with and perhaps its all she knows. And continues to believe his broken promises about how he'll change and a better life awaits. And she thinks things will inevitably get worse if she makes a drastic change.

Just because you are suffering under a neglectful spouse (a better analogy imo) doesn't mean you're keen on letting a known serial killer in instead. The history of Republicanism in the SF Bay Area is marked by overt political violence, illegal declarations of martial law, and sixty solid years of vicious partisan rhetoric describing the city they love as though it were the worst shit-heap in the nation. Of course they aren't going to start voting Republican, kissing your most consistent abuser that is not the way to avoid abuse. I think a lot of City folk would vote for a third party if it were a real option; indeed, several third parties have flourished in the civic government, one of the only polities in the nation where the Green and Peace & Freedom Parties have frequently held seats.

Well, that's interesting. The person to whom I was responding seemed to be of the opinion that there were no Republicans in California for whom they might cast their vote, thus removing the curiosity as to why they would vote for Democrats.

Can you see if that person is available, and if they would care to contrast that response with yours?

That says nothing about their policies except that Californians don't like them. And I don't see anyone blaming Reps for SF's problems.

Back
Top Bottom