• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Scientific American endorses Joe Biden

That isn't what Trump did.

In fact, I don't even understand how you came up with this analogy, as if public health were comparable to individual health.

To address your scenario: the doctor who did that, from the details you've given, would have been scandalously irresponsible.

Your scenario implies the doctor knew I had cancer, knew I could have had treatment that might have saved me, and decided that the 'panic' I would experience is worse than the certainty of losing my life? If a member of my family died because the doctor did that, I'd sue him to ruination.

So here's the only question you need to answer, and then you can damn well stop hijacking this thread to feed your bottomless need for attention:

How many of those lives would be OK to lose before you would hold Trump accountable?

I reject your analogy, but the doctor in your scenario would be responsible for the cancer death.

This is some serious denial. What is so hard about holding power accountable? What would it take for you to hold Trump accountable for his terrible, stupid, callous choices from his place of immense power?

How do you go from me saying

'Trump, like any world leader, is responsible for the extra COVID-19 deaths that occurred compared to an 'ideal response' with the information reasonable to know at the time, but I don't know how many extra deaths he is responsible for and I'm not going to guess'

to you saying I don't hold Trump responsible?

This is some serious denial. What is so hard about holding power accountable? What would it take for you to hold Trump accountable for his terrible, stupid, callous choices from his place of immense power?

'Trump, like any world leader, is responsible for the extra COVID-19 deaths that occurred compared to an 'ideal response' with the information reasonable to know at the time, but I don't know how many extra deaths he is responsible for and I'm not going to guess'

By obfuscating whether or not you believe Trump's response was competent, honest or done with the interest of saving American lives. You are an excellent dancer though, credit where it's due.

Well, you've spent the entire thread essentially excusing him. There is no way that one minor detail of how SA chose their words when explaining why they endorse Joe Biden would be so important to take up pages and pages of a thread arguing about that detail. There must be some reason you want to make a mountain out of this molehill. No one is that pedantic for the sake of it. Even if everyone here agreed with you that "no one knows exactly" the number, it wouldn't make the slightest difference to what SA was actually communicating there.

Again, even if everyone agreed with you, it would mean nothing. It would add nothing to the discussion. It would add nothing SA's reasoning for endorsing Joe Biden because of Trump's callousness and ineptitude. There is zero value in your arguing that no one knows the exact number because it doesn't fucking matter. It changes nothing for Trump. It doesn't make him look any better or give him any credence whatsoever.

So what is it about Trump that you're here defending him so passionately over this microscopic non-issue?

Well, you've spent the entire thread essentially excusing him. There is no way that one minor detail of how SA chose their words when explaining why they endorse Joe Biden would be so important to take up pages and pages of a thread arguing about that detail. There must be some reason you want to make a mountain out of this molehill. No one is that pedantic for the sake of it. Even if everyone here agreed with you that "no one knows exactly" the number, it wouldn't make the slightest difference to what SA was actually communicating there.

Again, even if everyone agreed with you, it would mean nothing. It would add nothing to the discussion. It would add nothing SA's reasoning for endorsing Joe Biden because of Trump's callousness and ineptitude. There is zero value in your arguing that no one knows the exact number because it doesn't fucking matter. It changes nothing for Trump. It doesn't make him look any better or give him any credence whatsoever.

So what is it about Trump that you're here defending him so passionately over this microscopic non-issue?

You won't be told anything you don't already believe. I explained a million times over that I thought attributing every death to Trump was dishonest and stupid, and that people on this very board have done it, and people imply it all the time on Twitter etc.

If you are so frothing with Trump hatred that you think saying 'Trump is not responsible for every single COVID-19 death in America' is 'defending' him or not holding him responsible for anything, then nothing I say will make any difference.

Enjoy the rest of the year with your country's president.

You won't be told anything you don't already believe. I explained a million times over that I thought attributing every death to Trump was dishonest and stupid, and that people on this very board have done it, and people imply it all the time on Twitter etc.

If you are so frothing with Trump hatred that you think saying 'Trump is not responsible for every single COVID-19 death in America' is 'defending' him or not holding him responsible for anything, then nothing I say will make any difference.

Enjoy the rest of the year with your country's president.

And yet you will not answer how much responsibility you think Trump holds.

It's not a matter of believing you. It's a matter of it not meaning anything. I think you took yourself down a path in this thread and you've been doing figure eights to try to save face.

I'm not the one who is frothing here, and it doesn't matter how many of those deaths could be attributed to Trump's callousness and incompetence (although several people here have given you a good idea based on the rest of the world's numbers and handling of the pandemic) because we know the number would be significantly lower had we had an actual thinking human leader as President. The number doesn't. fucking. matter. He's a disgrace who wantonly put the country at risk, and yes, you know damn well, some of those 200k would be alive today if he had told the truth, listened to the experts, and told people to wear a damn mask.

You thinking SA is stupid for that one tiny thing is what's really stupid here. You actually do a good job of reflecting our right wing here in the US. Go rabid on some minor shit that doesn't matter and maybe no one will notice the Trump crime shitshow and destruction of our democracy (and it's affecting the rest of the world, so you will eventually enjoy our president, too ;) ).

It's not a matter of believing you. It's a matter of it not meaning anything. I think you took yourself down a path in this thread and you've been doing figure eights to try to save face.

I'm not the one who is frothing here, and it doesn't matter how many of those deaths could be attributed to Trump's callousness and incompetence (although several people here have given you a good idea based on the rest of the world's numbers and handling of the pandemic) because we know the number would be significantly lower had we had an actual thinking human leader as President. The number doesn't. fucking. matter. He's a disgrace who wantonly put the country at risk, and yes, you know damn well, some of those 200k would be alive today if he had told the truth, listened to the experts, and told people to wear a damn mask.

You thinking SA is stupid for that one tiny thing is what's really stupid here. You actually do a good job of reflecting our right wing here in the US. Go rabid on some minor shit that doesn't matter and maybe no one will notice the Trump crime shitshow and destruction of our democracy (and it's affecting the rest of the world, so you will eventually enjoy our president, too ;) ).

I didn't call SA stupid. I said its sentence was sloppy and misleading.

When you say I "go rabid" on minor shit, what you mean is "Metaphor sometimes post about things I consider minor, and when he is attacked for it, he explains his reasoning".

Look. It has been made clear that this board does not brook dissent. It has been made clear that the myside bias on this board is as alive here as it is everywhere. I'm tired of this thread. It's exhausting explaining the same point over and over and over.

When you say I "go rabid" on minor shit, what you mean is "Metaphor sometimes post about things I consider minor, and when he is attacked for it, he explains his reasoning".

Look. It has been made clear that this board does not brook dissent. It has been made clear that the myside bias on this board is as alive here as it is everywhere. I'm tired of this thread. It's exhausting explaining the same point over and over and over.

It's not dissent! For fuck's sake. It's microscopic nonsense that changes nothing!

Says the guy adamant to have the last word.

This just in...

President Trump has gotten coronavirus from not wearing a mask. People all around him are also testing positive such as Rep Mike Lee, Hope Hicks, Melania Trump, and Notre Dame's President. However, even if he dies, we'll hear how it was a conspiracy by the media, Deep State, and Democrat Party to secretly infect him. Even if President Trump dies from coronavirus, some people in this thread won't be able to blame his death on Trump's own refusal to follow guidelines and how he got everyone around him to refuse to wear masks.

Back
Top Bottom