• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Sen. Feinstein Claims She Received Info On Kavanaugh And Sent It To FBI

Just watched Ford's opening statement. Omg she's so terrified; I've felt this before, the feeling of knowing you need to do something, to say something, that it's hard but that it MUST be done, that you must force yourself to say it. It's the kind of feeling that doesn't accompany a lie. Lies come from confidence and smugness. It's easy to get in front of people and lie. But this isn't. Before, there may have been doubt s in my mind but now there aren't.

I am also watching the hearing. I never had doubts about her story, but I agree that hearing her describe the details of the assault does make her look even more believable. She's a brave woman to come forward. It's not surprising that others haven't wanted to come forward and put themselves under this type of duress.
Yes. Her testimony really provides a heavy layer of personal detail to the accusation. I’ve been listening and really can’t imagine how someone can’t find it extremely compelling.

As a sidenote, the GOP should resign en masse in disgrace for handing questions off to the prosecutor, with no intent of giving a fuck about the testimony.

Are you scared of flying? Do you live under a rock to avoid having to fly?

Jesus Christ!

The thing about her testimony the most was the two front door thing. You can’t make that up.

Come on, it's completely plausible she put in two front doors to stop Kavanaugh's confirmation.

Yes. Her testimony really provides a heavy layer of personal detail to the accusation.
Personal detail is apparently all that got seared in her hippocampus. But no objectively verifiable details.

I’ve been listening and really can’t imagine how someone can’t find it extremely compelling.

"Kavenaugh attacked me somewhere in the State of Maryland sometime in the early 80s" is not a compelling accusation. If she wanted to file a police report, she would not even know which police department to file the police report with. Was the house with two front doors (?) within city limits of X? Was it in county A or B? Who the hell knows any more!

As a sidenote, the GOP should resign en masse in disgrace for handing questions off to the prosecutor, with no intent of giving a fuck about the testimony.
They had to use a female prosecutor, because in our gynocratic society, it's not acceptable for men to question women. Of course, it's perfectly acceptable for women to question men. :rolleyes:

Personal detail is apparently all that got seared in her hippocampus. But no objectively verifiable details.

"Kavenaugh attacked me somewhere in the State of Maryland sometime in the early 80s" is not a compelling accusation. If she wanted to file a police report, she would not even know which police department to file the police report with. Was the house with two front doors (?) within city limits of X? Was it in county A or B? Who the hell knows any more!

They had to use a female prosecutor, because in our gynocratic society, it's not acceptable for men to question women. Of course, it's perfectly acceptable for women to question men. :rolleyes:

Do you doubt the men who accused priests of sexual harrassment and rape 30 years ago as much as you do this brave woman?

Do you doubt the men who accused priests of sexual harrassment and rape 30 years ago as much as you do
Why? Can they not remember which church the alleged abuse took place either? Or in what year?
this brave woman?
What bravery is required? What is she really risking?
Perhaps because she faced her deadly fear of flying to fly to DC? LMAO!

Do you doubt the men who accused priests of sexual harrassment and rape 30 years ago as much as you do
Why? Can they not remember which church the alleged abuse took place either? Or in what year?
this brave woman?
What bravery is required? What is she really risking?
Perhaps because she faced her deadly fear of flying to fly to DC? LMAO!

Yes alot of them did not remember details of when where and who.

So you don't apparently doubt them.

- - - Updated - - -

Your inequality is showing.
I am just pointing out a double standard.

It's your double standard that believe men and not women.

Are you scared of flying? Do you live under a rock to avoid having to fly?

Jesus Christ!

The thing about her testimony the most was the two front door thing. You can’t make that up.

Honestly I think that the dems should ask her what the reasoning was involving wanting two front doors. Was it so that someone trying to stop another person trying to escape from the house couldn't be blockaded via a single door? But yeah, that kind of weirdness about doors is a pretty big detail that stands out for me too.

Regardless, a survivor like this very brave woman, in her candidness, and pain delivering this testimony, deserves our respect and trust. (and yes it takes bravery to engage in a he-said-she-said battle with a federal judge, and against the rage of a whole country's conservative element). Perhaps a full FBI investigation would allow us to locate the house, the fourth boy, to name the third boy, and give us additional dates.

We are talking about Ford's unsubstantiated accusations here.
I think the accusations agaisnt priests should likewise be evaluated using actual evidence, not prejudice. Not "we must automatically believe the accuser even if it supposedly happened decades ago and they can't remember any verifiable details despite their amazing hippocampus".

BS. And this was about the fact that in present sexist climate, a man asking challenging questions to a woman is considered unacceptable. That's pretty messed up!

I fly occasionally, and oftentimes do so bext to someone who has a clear terror about being in an aircraft. I've even helped a few move a little past their fear (the knowledge I have from my work about how resilient aircraft control systems really are, in particular, helps). Sometimes I have that conversation, they say they have to fly a lot for work, or for other reasons, but they still hate it. It's possible to be afraid of flying yet still do it because there is no other practical way to be where you really want to go.

Your inequality is showing.
I am just pointing out a double standard.

No you are completely skipping over the double standard and reframing it so you can spin. The double standard is the huge number of males with no females. A statistically significant improbability in conjunction with a historical and modern context of patriarchal desires by the Conservative party having such improbable group of men only. That is the real reason they do not want to question her because it exposes their party for what it is. But regardless, the fact that they need to try to make themselves look better is still exposed by their use of the female interrogator. That's the real double standard.

I think the accusations agaisnt priests should likewise be evaluated using actual evidence, not prejudice. Not "we must automatically believe the accuser".

BS. And this was about the fact that in present sexist climate, a man asking challenging questions to a woman is considered unacceptable. That's pretty messed up!

I'm listening to those questions same as everyone else. So far, the prosecutor has asked questions mostly centering around timeline elements, and particularities about if a thing happened before or after another thing. It is a transparent attempt to try and get her in a perjury trap: "ah, but you said you talked to this person before that person here, and then the other way around there. Clearly you must have been lying in one of those two times" *cue a slew of charges that she lied and must be making it all up*. Nothing the prosecutor has asked has been in any way indicative that the core of her story was inaccurate.

There needs to be a full investigation conducted by the FBI, so that we can corroborate facts.

If Ford is honest and Kavanaugh and Judge did something close to what she has claimed, then the "fear of flying" gambit unfortunately makes her look bad.

She was probably just afraid to talk about it to them and was randomly, instinctively throwing excuses to get out of it. Not to avoid be caught in a lie (since she is truthful in this hypothetical), but to avoid the discomfort of dealing with it and the questions asked by powerful strangers.

Now for the opposite hypothetical, that she is lying about Kavanaugh and Judge, the "fear of flying" is just another example of her lying.

I think the accusations agaisnt priests should likewise be evaluated using actual evidence, not prejudice. Not "we must automatically believe the accuser even if it supposedly happened decades ago and they can't remember any verifiable details despite their amazing hippocampus".

Yup spin so you think your right.

Yes, her claims are unsubstantiated. She doesn't have an iPhone video that you could view with your pants down at the ankles.

What she does have is a consistent portrayal of events both in the attempted sexual assault and the time line of her speaking up on the what had happened to her. As noted, the double front door thing in nearly unimpeachable testimony. No one could understand why she wanted such a thing, and she need to explain in counseling the trauma she suffered that was making her need this to feel safe.

That is J. Michael Straczynski level detail, and requires J. Michael Straczynski plot writing skills to make up. She is a psychologist, not an award winning author.

Dr. Ford's recounting of everything is plausible and for people that aren't misogynistic, her testimony was very moving. Chris Wallace of Fox News said the testimony was "extremely emotional, extremely raw, and extremely credible."

What is pretty messed up is a Prosecutor that puts sex offenders in jail is acting like a Defense Lawyer for a sex offender. And the method of doing so has been to meticulously try and prick itty bitty holes in details that are wholly irrelevant.

As an aside, Nina Totenberg brought up an interesting slip by Mitchell, when she exposed that she has been involved with the GOP on dealing with this longer than Sen. Grassley has suggested.

Last edited:
If Ford is honest and Kavanaugh and Judge did something close to what she has claimed, then the "fear of flying" gambit unfortunately makes her look bad.
I've flown and I hate flying. You can't get places if you don't fly. Should she live in a cave because of fear of flying?

Back
Top Bottom