• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Sen. Feinstein Claims She Received Info On Kavanaugh And Sent It To FBI

Regarding to the person tweeting about harm to Kavanaugh, I find that absolutely distasteful. I think we can all be a lot more civil than that and just hope he stumbles drunk out of a bar, walking into the path of an on coming bus. Anyone who would lay a finger to harm any one in government is a threat to democracy. An inebriated justice getting hit by a bus... that's just bad luck for him.
All her witnesses Including her best friend failed to verify her testimony. None of them remember anything about it. The most corrupt Court in the world would throw the case out .

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Odd, few couldn't recall a small get together... maybe that'd be more meaningful if the allegation was Kavanaugh and Judge tried to sexually assault everyone there, not just Dr. Ford. Dr. Ford remembers it because something more than a boring get together occurred to her.

Look at Brett's calendar, the fuckers got together there on the regular, probably many times over the course of a year. It would just fade into the tide of life. Go ahead and ask me who sat behind me in HS Spanish, or what my Spanish teacher's name was. I sat in the classroom every day for 3 months and couldn't tell you the color of the walls (though I MIGHT be able to say it in Spanish if I could remember). It's ridiculous to think that people would or should be expected to remember the details of a small gathering one night with people they didn't frequently hang out with, when they frequently hung out with various people they didn't frequently hang out with or have strong social connections to; I don't expect PJ and Squi to remember Leland and Ford just as I don't expect Leland to remember hanging out with Brett and Judge.

Maybe so, but maybe not. But the night question still is why bring it up over 3 decades later?
Well being placed on the uber court probably had something to do with it.

Perhaps Dr Ford craves all the attention she received and the with the encouragement of the Democrats, which she supports by the way, a way to damage Kavanagh, but more importantly, Trump himself.
Her demeanor in her testimony seemed to easily imply that she wasn't seeking attention.

Perhaps the tables will be turned one day when a Democratic president's nominee is also put through a wringer.
You mean like Merrick Garland.

Regarding to the person tweeting about harm to Kavanaugh, I find that absolutely distasteful. I think we can all be a lot more civil than that and just hope he stumbles drunk out of a bar, walking into the path of an on coming bus. Anyone who would lay a finger to harm any one in government is a threat to democracy. An inebriated justice getting hit by a bus... that's just bad luck for him.
All her witnesses Including her best friend failed to verify her testimony. None of them remember anything about it. The most corrupt Court in the world would throw the case out .

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Odd, few couldn't recall a small get together... maybe that'd be more meaningful if the allegation was Kavanaugh and Judge tried to sexually assault everyone there, not just Dr. Ford. Dr. Ford remembers it because something more than a boring get together occurred to her.

Look at Brett's calendar, the fuckers got together there on the regular, probably many times over the course of a year. It would just fade into the tide of life. Go ahead and ask me who sat behind me in HS Spanish, or what my Spanish teacher's name was.
My French teacher's name was Mr. Delgado. Jocelyn and Steve sat behind me in first and second years. But that is irrelevant.
I sat in the classroom every day for 3 months and couldn't tell you the color of the walls (though I MIGHT be able to say it in Spanish if I could remember). It's ridiculous to think that people would or should be expected to remember the details of a small gathering one night with people they didn't frequently hang out with, when they frequently hung out with various people they didn't frequently hang out with or have strong social connections to; I don't expect PJ and Squi to remember Leland and Ford just as I don't expect Leland to remember hanging out with Brett and Judge.
Yeah... the crucial details were recalled. I'm surprised that the "female prosecutor" didn't ask her what song was playing.

My favorite attack on Dr. Ford was that she ran her business from the home, so the second door was for her business. Which, yeah, goes a long way to explaining why they'd have a second door. What it doesn't explain is why would she need to go to a therapist to explain that reason.

Dr. Ford: I want two doors.
Husband: Why?
Dr. Ford: My business.
Husband: We need to seek counseling.

Her demeanor in her testimony seemed to easily imply that she wasn't seeking attention.

Perhaps the tables will be turned one day when a Democratic president's nominee is also put through a wringer.

Funny how payback time does eventually arrive in it's own good time.

Funny how payback time does eventually arrive in it's own good time.
It is incredible how certain an ignorant person can be of themselves.

Sorry that I haven't read this entire mess of a thread. Has anyone mentioned that Chief Justice Roberts has asked for an investigation into Kavanaugh's possible ethics violations?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/chief-justice-roberts-asks-federal-judges-to-handle-kavanaugh-ethics-complaints

WASHINGTON — Chief Justice John Roberts is referring ethics complaints against new Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh to federal judges in Colorado and neighboring states.
The complaints deal with statements Kavanaugh made during his confirmation hearings. They were filed originally with Kavanaugh’s old court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.

If you don't like PBS, there are numerous other news sources for this information if you want to do a search.

Sorry that I haven't read this entire mess of a thread. Has anyone mentioned that Chief Justice Roberts has asked for an investigation into Kavanaugh's possible ethics violations?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/chief-justice-roberts-asks-federal-judges-to-handle-kavanaugh-ethics-complaints

WASHINGTON — Chief Justice John Roberts is referring ethics complaints against new Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh to federal judges in Colorado and neighboring states.
The complaints deal with statements Kavanaugh made during his confirmation hearings. They were filed originally with Kavanaugh’s old court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.

If you don't like PBS, there are numerous other news sources for this information if you want to do a search.

Well, Roberts didn't ask for the investigation. The request for the investigation was referred to him since he's the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. He then referred the request to a lower court using the rationale that this lower court could decide that it doesn't have any jurisdiction over the Supreme Court and therefore cannot do the investigation, so the request can die off without anyone doing any kind of investigation.

If Kavanaugh now gets charged and convicted of sexual assault, would that cause him to be removed from the bench?
The statute of limitations precludes that scenario, unless he committed sexual assault more recently.

I thought Maryland doesn't have a statue of limitations.

As I pointed out earlier, it did in 1982. The statute of limitations for attempted rape was 1 year, so it has expired long ago.

Well, Roberts didn't ask for the investigation. The request for the investigation was referred to him since he's the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. He then referred the request to a lower court using the rationale that this lower court could decide that it doesn't have any jurisdiction over the Supreme Court and therefore cannot do the investigation, so the request can die off without anyone doing any kind of investigation.

The Supreme Court referred it to the lower court, isn't that a de-facto statement that they do, in fact, absolutely have jurisdiction, as delegated by the SCOTUS?

i only agree that calling out to have someone killed is not a joke.

That I agree with as well.

I just wonder when we will see similar outrage on the right when Republicans & MAGAs say the same type of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and by the way, don't think I didn't notice Derec that you changed the subject from what Kavanaugh did.

yep.

And mocked a woman's appearance yet again while he did it.

Perhaps. Then again, sometimes they unfairly don't get considered at all.

DING DING DING DING DING DING

Seriously, anyone anywhere who wants to try the "it was so unfair to Kavanaugh" schtick can just go fuck themselves given what McConnell did to Merrick Garland. FUCK that hypocritical bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope they would be put through the wringer. Supreme Court appointments are fucking important and if nominees aren't put through the wringer and charges against them thoroughly investigated, then there's a serious fucking issue.

That, too!

Oh, and by the way, don't think I didn't notice Derec that you changed the subject from what Kavanaugh did.
Alleged to have done. There is no evidence.
But of course, the feminist left doesn't need no stinking evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

And mocked a woman's appearance yet again while he did it.
Not my fault that she looks like Garth from Wayne's World.
DING DING DING DING DING DING
Shouldn't that be "SCHWING" ....

Seriously, anyone anywhere who wants to try the "it was so unfair to Kavanaugh" schtick can just go fuck themselves given what McConnell did to Merrick Garland. FUCK that hypocritical bullshit.
How about agreeing that both situations were horrible in their own right?
But if Kavanaugh is innocent, what happened to him is far worse than Garland, even if Kav ended up on the Court. Especially since Garland had to have known that his chances of confirmation were low.

Last edited:

As I pointed out earlier, it did in 1982. The statute of limitations for attempted rape was 1 year, so it has expired long ago.

Touching someone is more than attempted rape. Also, even if she could not have him charged, he could be impeached or sued.

Touching someone is more than attempted rape. Also, even if she could not have him charged, he could be impeached or sued.
It seemed to me that the discussion here was about attempted rape, and if someone did today what she claims he did back then, and there were evidence, he would be charged with attempted rape, it seems to me.
But regardless, as explained in the link I provided (with legal analysis), all misdemeanors had a 1-year statute of limitations. If you think Ford described a behavior that was not a misdemeanor in Maryland (as explained in the legal analysis in question), please let me know which felony you think he committed.

ETA: as for whether he could be sued or impeached, that's beside my point, which was about a hypothetical scenario presented by Jolly Penguin in which he is convicted.

Back
Top Bottom