• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Sen. Feinstein Claims She Received Info On Kavanaugh And Sent It To FBI

Well, they need to get him, her and the witness in front of the Senate answering questions under oath - open Senate that is, not some closed door hearing. Regardless of what one thinks about how this information came out or how credible it sounds at the moment, they can't ram his vote through with these questions unresolved.
They can’t? I’m surprised they didn’t vote last night.

What is very bothersome is the GOP learned of this at some point and decided it didn’t matter to them.

Fair point. What I meant to say is that they shouldn't. While it would be a nice boost in the midterms to have the Pussy Grabber install Rapey McPedophile to the Supreme Court as something for the Dems to run on, they'll probably chicken out and not mention it anyways and then the guy will be on the Supreme Court, so it's not like it would make a difference.

Not going to minimize what he accused of doing, but using the word pedophile for doing this to someone of similar age is bullshit and classless of you.

Fair point. What I meant to say is that they shouldn't. While it would be a nice boost in the midterms to have the Pussy Grabber install Rapey McPedophile to the Supreme Court as something for the Dems to run on, they'll probably chicken out and not mention it anyways and then the guy will be on the Supreme Court, so it's not like it would make a difference.

Not going to minimize what he accused of doing, but using the word pedophile for doing this to someone of similar age is bullshit and classless of you.
He didn't rape her either. It was hyperbole.

He didn't rape her either. It was hyperbole.

If the situation was actually as described by the accuser then he was indeed "rapey" and would likely have raped her if he could have.

Again, if...

VICTORY IS MINE!!!!!

https://talkfreethought.org/showthread.php?15822-Sen-Feinstein-Claims-She-Received-Info-On-Kavanaugh-And-Sent-It-To-FBI&p=585761&viewfull=1#post585761

as no woman would make up this story,
Ah the long disproved "women don't lie about rape".
Except Tawana Brawley, Crystal Magnum, Jackie Coakley, that chick who got a jail sentence from a thread recently, Mattress Girl, Hofstra false accuser, Brian Banks false accuser and many others.

due to the consequences of coming forward. She will be harassed, criticized and threatened because of this.
She should not be threatened or harassed, but criticism and skepticism is fair game. She certainly should not be automatically believed.

If this horrible man, and he's horrible for a lot of reasons, is put on SCOTUS, we will have two men who have sexually assaulted women on the court. That really sucks!
If you mean Clarence Thomas, he was never accused (much less proven) of any assault. All Anita Hill alleged was "harassment" - jokes about coke cans and things like that which offended her fragile sensibilities. And again, there is no evidence Kavanaugh assaulted anybody including Ford.

I can't imagine how either of the two female Republican senators can vote for him, not only because of this but because of his obvious objections to Roe v. Wade. He was chosen because of his views on presidential power. At least that appears to be the case. Our democracy is on life support.
Elections have consequences. Had Hillary won, she would have appointed her own justices. Question is, if unsubstantiated allegations about him from 35 years ago were made, would you believe him to be guilty without evidence? I guess given how Dems treated Al Franken, perhaps. Feminist ideology über alles!

Last edited:
Anyone who at this point believes anything at face value someone from congress says is not playing with a full deck.
Why are you singling out 'congress'? I would think the current executive branch has proven even worse (and that's a tough hurdle). Also, why not the judiciary, or potential judiciary? There's plenty of evidence (and more coming out every day in this particular case) that Kavenaugh has lied under oath multiple times, at least.

If the situation was actually as described by the accuser then he was indeed "rapey" and would likely have raped her if he could have.

Again, if...

So now the poor guy has to settle for raping the whole country. If he gets confirmed.

Here we have someone with clear evidence of committing multiple perjury, supporting clearly unconstitutional racist policies (again also perjuring himself over said comments), extremely suspicious financial records, and a host of other issues being seen in confirmation hearings for a seat where those are literally the biggest deal breakers imaginable for holding that seat. It's almost CUTE that anyone thinks that a sex scandal will be what breaks this camel's back... particularly after that garbage went down in Alabama over a known PEDOPHILE almost getting reinstated.

In other words, just another typical Trump nominee.

Ah the long disproved "women don't lie about rape".
Except Tawana Brawley, Crystal Magnum, Jackie Coakley, that chick who got a jail sentence from a thread recently, Mattress Girl, Hofstra false accuser, Brian Banks false accuser and many others.

She should not be threatened or harassed, but criticism and skepticism is fair game. She certainly should not be automatically believed.

If this horrible man, and he's horrible for a lot of reasons, is put on SCOTUS, we will have two men who have sexually assaulted women on the court. That really sucks!
If you mean Clarence Thomas, he was never accused (much less proven) of any assault. All Anita Hill alleged was "harassment" - jokes about coke cans and things like that which offended her fragile sensibilities. And again, there is no evidence Kavanaugh assaulted anybody including Ford.

I can't imagine how either of the two female Republican senators can vote for him, not only because of this but because of his obvious objections to Roe v. Wade. He was chosen because of his views on presidential power. At least that appears to be the case. Our democracy is on life support.
Elections have consequences. Had Hillary won, she would have appointed her own justices. Question is, if unsubstantiated allegations about him from 35 years ago were made, would you believe him t be guilty without evidence? I guess given how Dems treated Al Franken, perhaps. Feminist ideology über alles!

"Women lie about rape all the time, do not believe them instantly" "cops should be given the benefit of the doubt about their descriptions of events in a shooting, despite the preponderance of lies that police perpetrate".

The correct and default position should always be to trust the source of a narrative while attempting to verify their statements. It does not matter if it is a cop, woman, rapist, or witness to a shooting, the stories of all parties should be taken at the outset as honest, and only make judgements where there is conflict.

The woman's claim isn't driving my sense of what is true here... it is the GOP letter with signatures of 65 teenaged female buddies back in the day that does. The GOP had that in hand early on. Why would they do that?

It wasn't 65 of his buddies from high school or 65 people in general who know him. They specifically got signatures of women that knew (knew of?) Kavanaugh in high school. This indicates they were expecting a very specific claim against him to be made. Now why is that?

The woman's claim isn't driving my sense of what is true here... it is the GOP letter with signatures of 65 teenaged female buddies back in the day that does. The GOP had that in hand early on. Why would they do that?

It wasn't 65 of his buddies from high school or 65 people in general who know him. They specifically got signatures of women that knew (knew of?) Kavanaugh in high school. This indicates they were expecting a very specific claim against him to be made. Now why is that?

On Friday, a group of women who knew Brett in high school sent a letter in support of him to Senators Grassley and Feinstein. I am one of those 65 women. Having seen some of the reaction to the letter, I’d like to clear up a few things:

The letter was conceived and drafted by friends of Brett’s, and it was drafted after allegations came out on Thursday. I learned about the letter from a friend and fellow signatory. Others learned about it the same way. Those surprised at the speed with which it came together should see it as yet another testament to Brett’s excellent reputation.

About That Letter From Women in Support of Brett Kavanaugh

That's a scary article. You can tell that it was written by a terrified rape victim who's afraid Kavanaugh will show up at her house and sexually assault her again if she doesn't publically proclaim that he's never molested her or any of her young children.

And kick her kitten!

Now, now. There's no evidence at all that Judge Kavanaugh has ever condoned or engaged in animal abuse. We don't need to drag this conversation down into the gutter with unfounded allegations.

Republicans: We need to ethnically cleanse all the Mexicans because they might be rapists.

Also Republicans: We need to elevate Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

Irony is dead.

Republicans: We need to ethnically cleanse all the Mexicans because they might be rapists.

Irony is dead.

But straw man and false equivalence are alive and kicking.

Irony is dead.

Maybe we can start a meme: "Kavenaugh is a Mexican Rapist". It doesn't matter that whether he is or isn't Mexican; race isnt a distinguishing factor in whether he would be a good justice so is immaterial to the statement with regards to fitness for office, but it banks on the fear old white folks have of Mexicans, and they clearly don't fact-check. So you get conservatives barking "but he's not even Mexican", with the response of "so you admit he's a rapist"

Edit: I admit this isn't exactly a good way of doing business, but we have to start on a level people will understand and will actually affect their decision making process, and it disappoints me in my species, but this is the kind of shit that works.

That's a scary article. You can tell that it was written by a terrified rape victim who's afraid Kavanaugh will show up at her house and sexually assault her again if she doesn't publically proclaim that he's never molested her or any of her young children.
Meanwhile dozens of Policemen signed a statement attesting to the good character of Joseph DeAngelo.

"We saw these claims about him being the Golden State Killer and felt we need to let people know that we thought he was a good cop."

This should be known as the "Well, he didn't try to rape me so he couldn't have tried to rape anyone else because I know I would have been his first choice" fallacy.

Meanwhile dozens of Policemen signed a statement attesting to the good character of Joseph DeAngelo.

"We saw these claims about him being the Golden State Killer and felt we need to let people know that we thought he was a good cop."

This should be known as the "Well, he didn't try to rape me so he couldn't have tried to rape anyone else because I know I would have been his first choice" fallacy.

You wrote incorrectly that the GOP had the letter in hand "early on." Obviously, the accusation and these women's recollection of Kavanaugh's reputation can both be true. But the letter is a credible riposte against the campaign to smear Kavanaugh.

Back
Top Bottom