• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Shit Christians Say on facebook

I wonder if they are praying for just that particular patient in that particular surgery, or maybe they are praying for all patients in all surgeries everywhere for all time. Since prayer works, might as well use it all the way, right?

Or maybe prayer works sometimes, and not other times...depending on God's mood.

Brian

I read as many of the 39 as I could stand. Some of them are pretty funny. Nearly all of them have that strong streak of superstition that I hear in believers who cross my path here in the heartland. A lot of them have that good ol' Christian hatred for skeptics and the secular world. And there's Obama Derangement Syndrome. Where would the Christian Right be, without that? I sometimes wonder what books are on these folks' shelves. Mostly books I don't want to read, I think.
Books? There is only one book.

1655948_281695615321672_1383165161_n.jpg

Those are nothin'. I delivered a bag up north to a couple. They gave me a nice ten dollar tip and a book they authored. It's called "A Closer Look at the Evidence" by Richard and Tina Kleiss, both retired science teachers.

Here's a tasty nugget (and remember, these are science teachers):
Scientists have known for a long time that moths communicate with each other using hormones called pheromones. A female moth who is ready to mate releases a scent (pheromone) into the air which is picked up by the male. It has been discovered that the pheromone is not released randomly, but in a series of pulses at a frequency of at least one pulse per second. The pheromone can be propelled for up to a meter from the female moth. This is like a human blowing out a candle from 60 feet away. Reasearchers have also discovered that the male is not only drawn to the female by the scent of the pheromone, but also by the pattern in which the chemical is sent. The males antennae receive and then send the signal to its brain with the same frequency as the female's pulses. The scent itself acts as a carrier for a Morse Code-like message!

The more we study creation, the more we find that even the smallest details of creation reveal amazing complexities which point to a Master Designer.

The more we study creation, the more we find that even the smallest details of creation reveal amazing complexities which point to a Master Designer.
Yeah, somewhere i tried to list the reasons i'm an atheist. Near the top was 'taking pride in ignorance is not a compelling argument for me.'

Those are nothin'. I delivered a bag up north to a couple. They gave me a nice ten dollar tip and a book they authored. It's called "A Closer Look at the Evidence" by Richard and Tina Kleiss, both retired science teachers.

Scientists have known for a long time that moths communicate with each other using hormones called pheromones. A female moth who is ready to mate releases a scent (pheromone) into the air which is picked up by the male. It has been discovered that the pheromone is not released randomly, but in a series of pulses at a frequency of at least one pulse per second. The pheromone can be propelled for up to a meter from the female moth. This is like a human blowing out a candle from 60 feet away. Reasearchers have also discovered that the male is not only drawn to the female by the scent of the pheromone, but also by the pattern in which the chemical is sent. The males antennae receive and then send the signal to its brain with the same frequency as the female's pulses. The scent itself acts as a carrier for a Morse Code-like message!

I'm not seeing the whopper in this passage.

Bear in mind I was raised as a Creationist, so my science background is weak in many areas.

It's complex, so it must have been designed. It's a huge assumption.

There's one of these little ditties for every day of the year in the book. No references to any scientific journals or anything like that. Just this is like this, so... GOD!

I'm not seeing the whopper in this passage.

Bear in mind I was raised as a Creationist, so my science background is weak in many areas.

There's no blatant "holy shit" type stupidity in that quote; or at least not the bolded part. Just the regular "Oh look, they're trying to fit design into something"; calling it a morse-code like message is pretty blatantly stupid though.

It's complex, so it must have been designed. It's a huge assumption.

There's one of these little ditties for every day of the year in the book. No references to any scientific journals or anything like that. Just this is like this, so... GOD!

Ah, I get it. Yes, I see that all the time. On Conservapedia, they looked at solar eclipses, declared that because the moon perfectly blocks out the sun, that God put the moon where it is to demonstrate his power, and that atheists can't explain the coincidence.

There's also a list, somewhere, of things Christains NEVER say on facebook:

"Well, it all turned out okay, but it's probably just a coincidence."

"Yeah, we let the kids pick one pagan celebration to observe each year. We expected Halloween, but Dottie picked Christmas and Terrell picked Easter."

"I was going to try to save my sister-in-law one more time during the reunion, but then I remembered Titus 3:10 and just shut up about it."

On Conservapedia, they looked at solar eclipses, declared that because the moon perfectly blocks out the sun, that God put the moon where it is to demonstrate his power
You know, if I was almighty, and I was going to create PROOF that I exist and that I have power, I think i'd probably figure out a way to prove I exist where you could look at the proof until you were convinced but without a risk of Solar retinopathy.

But that's me, and I've long thought myself far more benevolent than that psycho in the Old Testament...

On Conservapedia, they looked at solar eclipses, declared that because the moon perfectly blocks out the sun, that God put the moon where it is to demonstrate his power
You know, if I was almighty, and I was going to create PROOF that I exist and that I have power, I think i'd probably figure out a way to prove I exist where you could look at the proof until you were convinced but without a risk of Solar retinopathy.

But that's me, and I've long thought myself far more benevolent than that psycho in the Old Testament...

A serial rapist would be more benevolent than the psycho in the Old Testament.

Back
Top Bottom