• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Shower peeower.

This is fairly common in Aus.

Unfortunately Summer, when the tank gets low, is the time when a toilet bowl full of urine can stink the house out fairly quickly.

I think the chlorine in the water supply helps solve this problem if you are in a city.

(I wrote that first and read the link second. I hadn't thought of using the shower, until now.)

That is an amazingly simple concept that could certainly save a lot of water.

As we are on the topic of voiding, I do not mind admitting that on the mornings when I shower, I have long been following this practice and when I wake at night and need to drain my bladder, I will wait until morning to flush, thereby getting twice the use for one flush.
With there being only two of us sharing the facilities and our house staying at a steady 20 degrees, a bit of urine in the toilet bowl for a few hours has not been an odor problem.

In addition to saving water on fewer flushes, there is also the savings of less waste water to be treated where municipalities are concerned.

Pee in the sink and flush with about a cup of water. It's a great way to save water, but is useful for only about half the population.

There is an expression I learned from my father which he used to describe the truly destitute, "He doesn't have a pot to piss in, or a window to throw it of." For people who have both and want to conserve water, the solution is obvious.

I get a chuckle out of the fact that this thread is in "Media & Culture Gallery"

There is nothing wrong with that sort of waste.

Once dried, do we not use animal feces as fertilizer?

My father used to work at the local sewerage treatment plant (he was literally a shit stirrer :p ) Once separated, the solids created a sludge which was spread out in drying ponds an acre in area and about 10 - 20 cm thick. At the edges of these sludge ponds grew the best tomatoes, pumpkins, watermelons and pumpkins, which the council would then sell at markets to raise money for charity.

So I see nothing wrong with peeing in the shower at all.

I'll turn the water off while I brush my teeth. I'll even buy one of those push-to-spray hand-held shower heads my previous employer was so fond of.

But that's where I draw the line.

Pee in the sink and flush with about a cup of water. It's a great way to save water, but is useful for only about half the population.

I must advice against this one on basic plumbing-technical reasons. Urine when stagnant forms all kinds of hard sediments that don't budge easily. Toilets and showers have wide pipes with high flow of water preventing these sediments to build up. Your average sink does not. Your solution will over time clog your pipes with concrete like sedimentary plugs. I have seen U-bends filled with one solid block of urine stone. (solution=any acid, be safe)

Peeing in the shower or saving a day of pee in the toilet bowl are safe ways to conserve water pee is flushed down with a high volume of water.

Back
Top Bottom