• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

So Bibi Wants To Begin The "Final Solution."

Original partition plan of the British Mandate Palestine.
31702661_2249767321917105_6534887191489806336_n.jpg

This partition could have avoided many problems had it been implemented.
I mean, Arabs already got the by far biggest portion with Transjordan. Why should they get a big part of Cisjordan too?

That's a shit plan. You do realize that it gives cities like Jenin, Nablus, Jericho, and Jerusalem to immigrants, right? You realize that people from those places are unlikely to give up their homes and livelihoods to immigrants just because you want them to, right?

Seriously, if you want to f**k people over, a plan like that'll do nicely. But if you're actually interested in avoiding problems like ethnic cleansing and human rights abuses, that plan is garbage.

Why should the indigenous people of the region be forced out of their homes by newly arrived immigrants? Even if you suppose the immigrants have a Right to live there, why should they be given complete control of the entire area from the Jordan River Valley to the Mediterranean Sea, far more land than their percent of the total population justifies? And why should they be allowed to impose their version of Sharia law on everyone else?

Why can't the people of Palestine, all of them, remain in their homes and participate in the government that dictates the conditions under which they live?

You realize that Jerusalem was Jewish at that point? "East Jerusalem" is the area that the Arabs seized and ethnically cleansed. Why do you not have a problem with ethnic cleansing when it's done by Muslims, but you object to the same actions when done by Jews?

It seems to me that the British administrators of Palestine tried to make both sides happy -- and failed miserably. Neither side was happy with them.

They tried to restrict Jewish immigration into Palestine, but that didn't please the Zionists, and it also didn't please the Arabs, who were unhappy with something less than driving the Zionists into the sea. In fact, the Arabs blew every chance for compromise until the 1970's and the Egypt-Israel peace deal. They could have held onto much more of their land if they had compromised in the 1920's or the 1930's.

The Arabs continued their unwillingness to compromise after the British decided that they did not want to rule Palestine anymore. In 1947, they could have agreed with the Zionists on the UN's partition plan, but they didn't. The Zionists were willing to go along with it, but the Arabs weren't, and when Israel became independent, the Arabs tried to (you guessed it) drive them into the sea. They failed miserably. They tried again in 1967, and they failed miserably there also.

On the Zionist side, the Zionists clearly wanted Lebensraum. The Revisionist faction ( Revisionist Zionism) wanted not just the land west of the Jordan River in Britain's Palestine Mandate, but also the land east of that river, in what became Jordan.

But it is applied in practice to mean "not of Eurpean descent" and to give certain groups special privileges. For example, a small group of very loud "indigenous" Hawaiians have been able to block the Thirty Meter Telescope for years.

People have settled on these islands in separate waves. Why should the arrival of Europeans be the deciding line as to who is considered "indigenous". Especially on the Hawaiian islands where polynesian settlement does not long predate European settlement. It seems an arbitrary and political distinction. You never hear reference to indigenous Europeans for example.

I've heard references to indigenous European people, most recently when the Sami were the topic of discussion but also when people were arguing over who had the strongest claim to Kosovo and the Basque region. But it's true I usually hear the term up here in Alaska, a place with 11 distinct indigenous cultural groups. It's a very useful word.

Anyway, if you want to talk about language and concepts that differentiate between long term residents and recent arrivals, or natives and colonizers, or indigenous communities and immigrants, you should start a new thread.

In our discussions of Israel and Palestine I use the word 'indigenous' to refer to the communities of people who have lived in Palestine for thousands of years. I'm not making a distinction between Jews and Christians and Muslims, because members of those faith groups (and others) are indigenous Palestinians.
But how do you know that the people calling themselves "Palestinian" today descent from people living in "Palestine" for 1000s of years?

For each and every individual, I don't. But there's plenty of historical evidence and the results of DNA analysis to support the basic premise that the Palestinian people (Jews, Christians, Muslims, Druze, and others) are members of an ethnic group and community that has been in the area for thousands of years. So much evidence in fact that you'd have to be pretty clueless to think otherwise.

Nablus, Jericho, Jenin, and Jerusalem were established thousands of years ago and have been continuously inhabited by indigenous Palestinians ever since.
Those places being inhabited for a long time does not guarantee that the people living there now are descendants of people living there in 1000 BCE.

There's plenty of historical evidence to make a convincing case that the overwhelming majority are. There's also enough evidence right here to make the case that you're quibbling over minor details because you can't muster a better argument.

They are currently inhabited by immigrants as well, especially Jerusalem. Israel's citizens are mostly immigrants and the children of immigrants who arrived in Palestine over the past 80-90 years, i.e. not indigenous despite their ancient ancestral link to the area.
If their ancestors lived in the land of Israel in the 1st millennium BCE why are they less "indigenous" than the "Palestinian" Arabs who are actually indigenous to Arabia? That exposes the political nature of the term.

Because the Ashkenazi have 1500-2000 years of European heritage, a distinctly European culture, and a heck of a lot of European ancestry. They have ties to the area but until recently, not close ones. They even see themselves as being distinct and separate from the folks whose ancestors never left the region.

I don't, and I have no idea what gave you the idea that I would.
Because you ALWAYS take the side of these Arabs.

I'm unable to open that page which might be due to a slow connection. I'll try reading it later. But I agree with Dr. Keder that not all current Palestinians were born into the long established communities in the area between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea. Some of them are recent arrivals or the children of immigrants. BTW, changing family names to fit in with the new neighbors is nothing new.
But that would mean changing the name the other name. Your point is well taken. Surely many Al-Masris etc. changed their names, so the number of new arrivals is even higher than a survey of family names would reveal.

A lot of Ashkenazi Jews did it when they emigrated to Israel. My grandfather did it when he came to America. I'm pretty sure it's commonplace. And in Israel it was required of Jews who wanted to work in government service, so there's that.
I know. But they do not pretend that their great10-grandfathers planted the olive groves they are tending to or some other Fakestinian mythology.

You think people who live on family farms are only pretending that the olive trees they tend were planted by family members? Seriously?

If you don't understand how someone can be a refugee without being a member of an indigenous population that was made refugee at the same time and in the same place, or how someone can be both a Jew and a Palestinian, or that someone can be a citizen in one place and also a member of an indigenous population from another place, then you really don't understand how categories work.
I understand all too well. I do not think you don't understand how "Palestinian refugees" are qualitatively different than any other refugees. In definition and political significance. Also, you do not seem to understand that PLO changed the meaning of the word "Palestinian" in the 1960s.

No, you really don't.

'Refugee' is one category. 'Indigenous' is a different category. Some people are neither, some people are both, and some people are one but not the other.

Also, you haven't presented evidence that the definition of Palestinian was changed in the 1960s, or that it became substantially different from the way Ben Gurion and the Jewish Agency for Palestine used it in the 1930s and 1940s, you've merely asserted it. I doubt you did any actual research but if you did, you can present your findings any time now.

Where did you find that quote? Did you look for the source material or did you just assume it was accurate and complete without looking at context?

What quote?

The text from UN Resolution 302 you thought was a definition of indigenous. The one you didn't bother to check for accuracy or context but posted as though you had.

By the way, speaking of real "Final Solutions" and the like...

... did you have a word with Loren about that

Israel vowing to use their nukes in case they are about to be overrun and destroyed (Samson Option) is not all like the Final Solution. It's closer to Mutual Assured Destruction.

It's closer to mass murder and genocide.

Just because you fear and hate Palestinians and want the results of ethnic cleansing to be permanent doesn't make a proposal to murder them by the millions rather than allow them to live in Israel any less horrific than the Nazi proposal to murder Jews by the millions rather than allow then to live in the Third Reich. Or any different, really.

That swaggering boast Loren makes about Bibi using nukes rather than allowing Palestinians back into Israel is Final Solution talk. Either you're offended that anyone would suggest a Jew would do something like that, or you were just pretending to be outraged earlier in the thread.

Tone of voice seems to indicate the narrator means the Palestinians and Arabs have rejected all offers of a Two State solution, which is false. But if you read it this way, "Palestinian and Arab leaders have rejected all of ^these^ offers", it's true in the sense that these were not accepted but it's not true that all of them were actually peace offers. For example, the 1937 Peel Commission report recommended partition but didn't include a plan much less an offer, it was written more than 10 years before the 1948 War of Independence broke out, and anyway it wasn't presented to the Palestinians. The Palestinians heard about the report and objected to having their land divided and half of it handed over to European immigrants. They wanted a single State in which the rights of all Palestinians would be upheld, the one the British had promised to support.

A technicality that's irrelevant. Rejecting things that aren't peace offers doesn't mean they didn't reject all peace offers.

They didn't reject all peace offers. That's the deceptive bit I was pointing out. They may have rejected all of the 'offers' on that list but they were willing participants in negotiating the Oslo Accords and enthusiastic partners in the process until it broke down when a Zionist murdered the Israeli Prime Minister.

The British were double dealing and IMO it fed the early strife. Some rioting and terrorism probably would have happened anyway due to the tremendous upheaval following the fall of the Ottoman Empire, but I think it could have been less bloody and the outcome could have been more fair if the One State solution had been implemented or if the Jewish State had been limited to the area around Tel Aviv, not spread out over half the region. Also IMO, criticizing the Palestinians for objecting to a plan that guaranteed they would be forced out of their homes and off their land is beyond unreasonable. It's ridiculous.

One state = suicide. You sure are enthusiastic about the Jews committing suicide.

That is your racism and bigotry talking, two aspects of your personality I don't share.

Jews lived side by side with Christians and Muslims under Ottoman Rule. Unlike you, I don't think the European Jews are too stupid to figure out how it's done.

You don't want Palestinians to lose land but you don't care one bit if Jews are thrown off their land.

Not true. That time I presented a scenario based on the actual history of a shtetl in Ukraine I was arguing for the Right of people to remain in their homes, as I always do. As I firmly believe. You were the one insisting the farmers had to leave because racists and bigots with guns had ordered them to go.

Anyway, if it's stolen land, it isn't really theirs. If they got it by driving out the previous owners at gunpoint, or bulldozing homes and businesses then declaring the land abandoned, or by seizing land outside Israel and then claiming it was Israel all along, and the people who move in know that's how it became available, then they are willing accomplices to theft.

Do you consider Jews to be people?

Indeed I do. But I'm not surprised you're confused. Not since that time you accused me of denying the humanity of Jews because I was talking about respecting everyone's human rights.

Last edited:
It seems to me that the British administrators of Palestine tried to make both sides happy -- and failed miserably. Neither side was happy with them.

I think the British were trying to make themselves happy.

Britain intended to strengthen and expand its Empire in the early 20th Century. It saw an opportunity as the Ottoman Empire weakened. That's why Lawrence of Arabia was running around with the tribes of the Arabian Peninsula and British officials were dealing directly with influential Jews, Muslims, and Christians closer to Jerusalem. Britain didn't invest its wealth and manpower in the Middle East out of altruism. It was expecting to reap significant rewards.

They tried to restrict Jewish immigration into Palestine, but that didn't please the Zionists, and it also didn't please the Arabs, who were unhappy with something less than driving the Zionists into the sea. In fact, the Arabs blew every chance for compromise until the 1970's and the Egypt-Israel peace deal. They could have held onto much more of their land if they had compromised in the 1920's or the 1930's.

I don't think so. The Zionists who were arriving in ever increasing numbers were there to create a State dedicated to the protection and welfare of Jews and were pretty blatant in stating how they intended to get one. For the Palestinians, having their Right to remain in their communities and form a government dedicated to their protection and welfare was essential. They offered full rights and citizenship to all Palestinians regardless of religious and ethnic identity and would probably have compromised on accepting immigrants, but they could not agree to being displaced and disempowered.

There wasn't much room for compromise; one view had to prevail over the other, and as it happened, separation and division won out over sharing and mutual recognition.

I was thinking that an early compromise would likely have kept the Zionists confined to some small bit of territory, like near Tel Aviv. Going outside that territory would then displease not only the Arabs but also the British, and I don't think that the Zionists would have wanted to risk that. They were willing to accept the 1947 compromise, for instance.

I was thinking that an early compromise would likely have kept the Zionists confined to some small bit of territory, like near Tel Aviv. Going outside that territory would then displease not only the Arabs but also the British, and I don't think that the Zionists would have wanted to risk that. They were willing to accept the 1947 compromise, for instance.

The problem with confining Zionists to the area around Tel Aviv (and BTW I fully agree it would have been a reasonable compromise and a better outcome) was that the Zionists were trying to create an independent self -supporting State, not just a home for Jews. They needed a lot of arable land, a dependable water supply, and commercially valuable resources in order to achieve their goals. And they were busily establishing settlements wherever they pleased, in some cases without the permission of the landowners.

It would have taken a sustained effort on the part of the British to confine Zionist settlements to the Tel Aviv area. Once Lehi and the Irgun started targeting British police officers and officials, British control of Palestine was no longer a profitable venture. So they just gave up on trying to control the situation.

I don't think what the Zionists had in mind in 1947 can be called a compromise. They accepted the 1947 UN Proposal in principle because it supported their aim to create a Jewish State in Palestine, but if you look at the development and implementation of Plan Dalet you can clearly see they didn't accept the actual plan. They were happy to have international support for their State but they were determined to situate it where they chose and remove non-Jews at will.

The Palestinian counteroffer, a single State in which the rights of all Palestinians would be respected and upheld by law, was actually closer to what I'd call a compromise.

Agreed. The British were trying to find a middle ground where none exists. The leftists continue to make that mistake.

On the Zionist side, the Zionists clearly wanted Lebensraum. The Revisionist faction ( Revisionist Zionism) wanted not just the land west of the Jordan River in Britain's Palestine Mandate, but also the land east of that river, in what became Jordan.

Agreed--both sides have their extremists that want the whole thing for their side. The difference is that on the Arab side those extremists are the ones calling the shots, they aren't on the Jewish side.

Israel vowing to use their nukes in case they are about to be overrun and destroyed (Samson Option) is not all like the Final Solution. It's closer to Mutual Assured Destruction.

It's closer to mass murder and genocide.

Self defense isn't murder.

Just because you fear and hate Palestinians and want the results of ethnic cleansing to be permanent doesn't make a proposal to murder them by the millions rather than allow them to live in Israel any less horrific than the Nazi proposal to murder Jews by the millions rather than allow then to live in the Third Reich. Or any different, really.

You're the one asking for the ethnic cleansing to be made permanent. Israel wasn't cleansed, the Palestinian areas were.

That swaggering boast Loren makes about Bibi using nukes rather than allowing Palestinians back into Israel is Final Solution talk. Either you're offended that anyone would suggest a Jew would do something like that, or you were just pretending to be outraged earlier in the thread.

You don't see that it's the same thing as our nukes keeping Russia from conquering us? It's called Mutually Assured Destruction--I can't stop you from killing me but I can ensure I'll take you with me.

They didn't reject all peace offers. That's the deceptive bit I was pointing out. They may have rejected all of the 'offers' on that list but they were willing participants in negotiating the Oslo Accords and enthusiastic partners in the process until it broke down when a Zionist murdered the Israeli Prime Minister.

Being willing participants in negotiating doesn't mean they didn't reject all offers. And they were not enthusiastic partners at all--they simply rejected, they made no reasonable counter-proposals. It was entirely a sham to fool people like you.

One state = suicide. You sure are enthusiastic about the Jews committing suicide.

That is your racism and bigotry talking, two aspects of your personality I don't share.

It's the stated desire of the Palestinian government and a large number of the people there.

Jews lived side by side with Christians and Muslims under Ottoman Rule. Unlike you, I don't think the European Jews are too stupid to figure out how it's done.

I already showed what that "side-by-side" was like--and nobody replied. Repeating, not that you're going to pay any attention: https://books.google.com/books?id=-BpeAAAAcAAJ&pg=PA5#v=onepage&q&f=false

I presume you also think Jim Crow was proper treatment of blacks? Or are blacks people but Jews not?

You don't want Palestinians to lose land but you don't care one bit if Jews are thrown off their land.

Not true. That time I presented a scenario based on the actual history of a shtetl in Ukraine I was arguing for the Right of people to remain in their homes, as I always do. As I firmly believe. You were the one insisting the farmers had to leave because racists and bigots with guns had ordered them to go.

I said you don't care about Jews being thrown out.

Anyway, if it's stolen land, it isn't really theirs. If they got it by driving out the previous owners at gunpoint, or bulldozing homes and businesses then declaring the land abandoned, or by seizing land outside Israel and then claiming it was Israel all along, and the people who move in know that's how it became available, then they are willing accomplices to theft.

1) More was stolen from the Jews than from the Palestinians.

2) Most of the Palestinians left of their own free will. When they sided with those still at war with Israel they weren't allowed to return. Too bad. Only the ones actually expelled have a legitimate gripe and that should more be directed at their fellows who took up arms while in civilian attire. (We have rules against that for this very reason--take up arms in the guise of a civilian and the other side will tend to shoot at those who look like you. In other words, the real civilians also.)

Indeed I do. But I'm not surprised you're confused. Not since that time you accused me of denying the humanity of Jews because I was talking about respecting everyone's human rights.

You do not seem to feel they have any of the rights of people. You talk about respecting everyone's rights but you keep making proposals that will at a minimum result in the extirpation of the Jews from Israel.

You're the one asking for the ethnic cleansing to be made permanent. Israel wasn't cleansed, the Palestinian areas were.

You don't see that it's the same thing as our nukes keeping Russia from conquering us? It's called Mutually Assured Destruction--I can't stop you from killing me but I can ensure I'll take you with me.

Mutual Assured Destruction exists when each party has the same ability to assure the destruction of the other. If Iran gets nukes, then you'll see a Mutually Assured Destruction scenario involving Israel.

M.A.D. does not exist when one party is comprised of unarmed civilians returning to the homes and communities from which they were expelled and the other party is a State threatening to deploy its nuclear warheads and slaughter those civilians rather than allow them to exist within its borders. That's a Final Solution scenario, and it's vile.

Last edited:
Being willing participants in negotiating doesn't mean they didn't reject all offers. And they were not enthusiastic partners at all--they simply rejected, they made no reasonable counter-proposals. It was entirely a sham to fool people like you.

Present your evidence in support of ^this^ claim. What part of the negotiations and implementation of the Oslo Accords indicates Palestinian participation was a sham?

It's the stated desire of the Palestinian government and a large number of the people there.

I already showed what that "side-by-side" was like--and nobody replied. Repeating, not that you're going to pay any attention: https://books.google.com/books?id=-BpeAAAAcAAJ&pg=PA5#v=onepage&q&f=false

Perhaps people missed it. I know I did. But now that I see you have linked to an actual source, albeit a skimpy one from 1857, I'll check it out.

I presume you also think Jim Crow was proper treatment of blacks? Or are blacks people but Jews not?

Of course not.

Honestly Loren, it's like you never actually read any of my posts these past 16 years, you just made strawman arguments and pretended that's what I said.

If you can't read what I post with comprehension, stop quoting me.

I said you don't care about Jews being thrown out.

Who do you think was living in that shtetl? Whose Rights do you think I was supporting in the face of oppression and abuse at the hands of armed bands of Cossacks?

I am anti-pogrom. I am against ethnic cleansing. I oppose human rights abuses. If you can't recognize that after all these years, then you're either amazingly dense or incredibly dishonest.

1) More was stolen from the Jews than from the Palestinians.

2) Most of the Palestinians left of their own free will. When they sided with those still at war with Israel they weren't allowed to return. Too bad. Only the ones actually expelled have a legitimate gripe and that should more be directed at their fellows who took up arms while in civilian attire. (We have rules against that for this very reason--take up arms in the guise of a civilian and the other side will tend to shoot at those who look like you. In other words, the real civilians also.)

Neither of your points refutes my point.

That first one is unsupported, but even if you had carefully documented it, it still would change the fact that if the land in question was stolen, it doesn't really belong to those who did the stealing.

The second one is both unsupported and contradictory, and it doesn't refute the point that if the land was stolen, it doesn't really belong to those who did the stealing. Just because people fled for their lives when Irgun terrorists attacked their town doesn't mean they gave their property away or that not allowing them to go back to their homes is justified.

You do not seem to feel they have any of the rights of people. You talk about respecting everyone's rights but you keep making proposals that will at a minimum result in the extirpation of the Jews from Israel.

That's your racism, fear, and bigotry talking. I don't share your view that human rights can only be held by one group of human beings at a time, or that upholding the Rights of one group justifies violating the Rights of another. In fact, I think your view is horseshit.

Last edited:
Everyone's " human rights but Jews " is more like it!

Which human rights do you think I don't respect when they are the human rights of Jews? Be specific.

I worded that wrong. You're for everyone's human rights, except for the Jews and whites, right!

I'm for everyone's human rights, period.

I believe in having one single standard for judging whether something is morally right or morally wrong. The group identities of who is doing it to whom don't factor into it. If it's bad to murder millions of people because you don't want their kind around, it's bad whether those people are Jews or Palestinians or blondes or transgendered or Democrats or insurance salesmen. Why is that so hard to understand?

Which human rights do you think I don't support for Jews? Be specific. I want to clear up this misunderstanding.

Last edited:
To your eyes the Arabs of that particular area can do no wrong, and it's all Israel's fault that Arab civilians in Gaza get themselves killed or maimed. But you do not acknowledge that Hamas terrorists use/hide behind civilians, or fire rockets from behind civilians including children.

Nor do you acknowledge the Hamas refusal to recognize the state of Israel!

To your eyes the Arabs of that particular area can do no wrong,

Not true. Search my forum posts. Look for the word 'assholes'.

and it's all Israel's fault that Arab civilians in Gaza get themselves killed or maimed.

They get themselves killed or maimed? How exactly do they do that?

Do Zionist settlers ever get themselves killed or maimed the same way? Or is this just Blaming the Victim when the victim is a Muslim?

But you do not acknowledge that Hamas terrorists use/hide behind civilians, or fire rockets from behind civilians including children.

Nor do you acknowledge the Hamas refusal to recognize the state of Israel!

We've talked about all of this before. This thread is a good sample of our conversations: What should Israel do?

I not only acknowledge Hamas' refusal to recognize the State of Israel, I have many times suggested how official recognition can be obtained.

As I've said, if Israel wants Hamas to recognize its Right to Exist, it has to show the Hamas leadership that doing so will result in some kind of improvement or benefit for the Palestinians. The best way to do that is to reward Abbas and the PA for their recognition back in the 1990s by reciprocating.

It's time for Israel to recognize the Right to Exist of a Palestinian State outside Israel's 1967 borders, just as the PLO and Fatah recognized Israel's Right to Exist inside them. And then Israel should ignore Hamas as long as it refuses to follow the PA's lead. Show Hamas that recognition will be rewarded with recognition, and mutual recognition is better than disputing the legitimacy of each other's governments.

Lead by example.

Last edited:

Mutual Assured Destruction exists when each party has the same ability to assure the destruction of the other. If Iran gets nukes, then you'll see a Mutually Assured Destruction scenario involving Israel.

MAD doesn't require the means of attack be the same. It's Israel's nukes vs the Arab armies.

M.A.D. does not exist when one party is comprised of unarmed civilians returning to the homes and communities from which they were expelled and the other party is a State threatening to deploy its nuclear warheads and slaughter those civilians rather than allow them to exist within its borders. That's a Final Solution scenario, and it's vile.

And here you're going totally off track.

It's not about using nukes against "returning" (pretty hard to return to a place you've never been) "civilians". It's about using nukes against those who are using military force to force those civilians on Israel.

The Final Solution scenario is whoever is attempting to force those "civilians" into Israel in order to kill the Jews.

Back
Top Bottom