• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

So Bibi Wants To Begin The "Final Solution."

Israel was conceived as the homeland for Jewish people, and it is natural that Israel wishes to maintain that identity.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that while it was a noble effort to give the Jewish people a place to live after their near-genocide by the Nazis, it has turned into something else.

Israel as a homeland for persecuted people who have nowhere else to go? Sure. Israel as a country where they ethnically cleanse anyone who is not a member of "god's chosen people?"

Not so much.

When your "promised land" becomes a mirror of the sort of society that tried to kill you, you've lost the moral high ground.

I think that

So Bibi wants to begin "The Great Replacement"

sounds better.

I think that

So Bibi wants to begin "The Great Replacement"

sounds better.

Yeah, it sounds better. But does it describe the essence of Bibi's intentions, or is it just a milder, more palatable word choice that some folks will find easier to swallow?

I wouldn't want to call it a "final solution", at least not yet. Seems like Prime Minister Netanyahu and his supporters will be content with an Israeli version of "Drive them into the sea!", at least for now.

Referring to it as the "Final Solution" is major anti-semitism.

No, it isn't. In fact, that's an insult to every person Nazi Germany executed. It is recognition of genocide in action and Israel doesn't get a pass on that just because they are Jewish.

Perhaps it is my ignorance, but I was unaware of a 50 year + occupation and struggle for possession of Crimea by Russia.
You are ignorant of the Soviet Union? The Russian Empire before then? The Crimean War? There has been much occupation and struggle for possession in the history of Crimea.
Trotting out history from more than 100 year ago is pretty pathetic.

It's about singling out Israel. Each and every time. Of course, since no two situations are exactly the same, one can always pretend that one is singling out Israel for reasons that have nothing to do with it being the Jewish state, but after the 50th such excuse, they ring very hollow.
And one can also make idiotic analogies andc claims to justify charges of anti-Semitism but after the 50th time it looks much more like Arab bigotry/Islamopobia.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/netanyahu-vows-to-start-annexing-west-bank-in-bid-to-rally-the-right/ar-BBVGAV1?li=BBnbfcL

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Saturday that he would start to extend Israeli sovereignty over the West Bank if given a fourth consecutive term.

In the eyes of most of the world, it would also be a violation of international law that bars the annexation of land seized in war.

This is the end game. It's ethnic cleansing.

“The question you’re asking is an interesting one: Will we move on now to the next stage?” he said. “And the answer is, yes. We will move on to the next stage.”

I thought the Israelis would incrementally push the Palestinians off the occupied territories over decades, but it appears they've accelerated their plans.

But the Palestinians keep voting for Hammas. And Hammas has as their prime campaign promise to wipe out Israel and murder all the Jews. They also use foreign aid primarily to fund insurgency against Israel rather than on infrastructure and the stuff that the Palestinian people need. If that's how the Palestinians feel about Israel I see no problem with Israel re-occupying the Palestinian parts. No, Israel aren't any angels... but Jesus fucking Christ the Palestinians aren't either. If the Palestinians are hellbent on destroying Israel and murdering all the Jews they shouldn't be allowed self rule. That's how I feel. Under Israeli rule, at least Palestinians are given human rights and a decent standard of living... and respect. That's more than the Palestinian authority have managed to give them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/netanyahu-vows-to-start-annexing-west-bank-in-bid-to-rally-the-right/ar-BBVGAV1?li=BBnbfcL

I thought the Israelis would incrementally push the Palestinians off the occupied territories over decades, but it appears they've accelerated their plans.

But the Palestinians keep voting for Hammas.
Palestinians (or a narrow majority of them) voted for Hamas once almost fifteen years ago. We don't really have any idea whom they'd vote for if there were free, regular elections in the Palestinian territories.

This is a matter of playing out the clock for the Netanyahu faction and similar people.

If he gets reelected and gets to do more of what we wants then even a dovish government in a few years from now won't be able to roll enough of it back.

ETA that a lot of time has already been run out of the clock.

Also, no one caught me sarcastically using "The Great Replacement" which is what white nationalists use for large inflows of non whites into Europe and previously white settled (they Greatly Replaced the indigenous) areas as well as media coverage. Such as using pictures of white babies for talking about overpopulation.

Last edited:
Criticizing the state of Israel is not anti-semitism.
It depends. Not every criticism of Israel is anti-semitic. But when you single the only Jewish state for criticism you do not level at any other state, what else can it be?

Have you been so hyperbolic when Russia annexed Crimea for example?
Perhaps it is my ignorance, but I was unaware of a 50 year + occupation and struggle for possession of Crimea by Russia. Would you please post a link so I can educate myself? And if there was no 50+ occupation by Russia of Crimea, can you see how your example is inappropriate?

Your blindness isn't evidence of anything.

Are you not aware that Russia annexed Ukraine long ago? They finally got free and now Russia annexed a piece of them once again.

No, it isn't. In fact, that's an insult to every person Nazi Germany executed. It is recognition of genocide in action and Israel doesn't get a pass on that just because they are Jewish.

Yes, it's an insult to every person the Nazis executed--but note who used the term. It wasn't me, I only quoted it.

And it's not about harming anybody, but rather adjusting the proclaimed borders to match the reality on the ground.

Trotting out history from more than 100 year ago is pretty pathetic.

It's about singling out Israel. Each and every time. Of course, since no two situations are exactly the same, one can always pretend that one is singling out Israel for reasons that have nothing to do with it being the Jewish state, but after the 50th such excuse, they ring very hollow.
And one can also make idiotic analogies andc claims to justify charges of anti-Semitism but after the 50th time it looks much more like Arab bigotry/Islamopobia.

So 50 years of struggle matters but once it reaches 100 years it's in the dustbin of history and should be ignored?

Or is it because they aren't Jews?

- - - Updated - - -

But the Palestinians keep voting for Hammas.
Palestinians (or a narrow majority of them) voted for Hamas once almost fifteen years ago. We don't really have any idea whom they'd vote for if there were free, regular elections in the Palestinian territories.

They voted for a power that openly said they weren't for democracy. Too bad if they didn't get another vote.

Too bad if they didn't get another vote.

And there's the callousness that only naked hatred of a people can bring.

The Palestinians as a people should lose their right to self-determination due to the fact that they voted for the "wrong" group once. Or because they dared to say "hey, that land in the West Bank belongs to us and we'll fight to keep it." Or because they've resisted being subjugated under an occupation for half a century.

What's the justification for the Israeli annexation of the West Bank, again? Was it "because God said the land is ours" or because Israel wants the land and fuck everyone else?

The Palestinians as a people should lose their right to self-determination due to the fact that they voted for the "wrong" group once.

*Historical note: Hamas only got 44% of the vote. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of their policies, but even that tepid support is used to justify collective punishment of a captive population for generations.

Perhaps it is my ignorance, but I was unaware of a 50 year + occupation and struggle for possession of Crimea by Russia. Would you please post a link so I can educate myself? And if there was no 50+ occupation by Russia of Crimea, can you see how your example is inappropriate?

Your blindness isn't evidence of anything.
You are babbling again.
Are you not aware that Russia annexed Ukraine long ago? They finally got free and now Russia annexed a piece of them once again.
It would be nice if you read the content to which you respond. Russia has not been occupying Ukraine for the last 50 years. Nor did Russia announce its plans to annex Crimea and Russia has not announced its plans to annex more of Ukraine.

Yes, it's an insult to every person the Nazis executed--but note who used the term. It wasn't me, I only quoted it.

And it's not about harming anybody, but rather adjusting the proclaimed borders to match the reality on the ground.

Your quote amounts to a use. Don't argue in bad faith at me.

Derec said:
While non-Jews can be Israeli citizens, Israel was conceived as the homeland for Jewish people, and it is natural that Israel wishes to maintain that identity.
Technically, I think Israel was conceived to make it easier on European nations not having to take in Jewish refugees from the concentration camps. Europe's solution was to plop them outside of Europe to make the problem of property theft and displacement go away.

And in doing so, plopped the Jewish into a destabilized area without thinking of any of the consequences of displacing other people.

The problems Israel faces is due in large part due to the arrogance of Europe in just plopping a population in the Middle East and saying 'this is how it is going to be' and the childishness of Middle Eastern parties that just want to bitch and whine.

I'm pretty damn sure that if someone tossed you out of your home and took over your property, you wouldn't defend them by saying the above.

The Palestinians as a people should lose their right to self-determination due to the fact that they voted for the "wrong" group once. Or because they dared to say "hey, that land in the West Bank belongs to us and we'll fight to keep it." Or because they've resisted being subjugated under an occupation for half a century.

They voted for getting rid of democracy. They got what they voted for--war and a theocracy.

What's the justification for the Israeli annexation of the West Bank, again? Was it "because God said the land is ours" or because Israel wants the land and fuck everyone else?

It's simply adjusting the official line to reality.

You are babbling again.

In other words, once again you have no response.

It would be nice if you read the content to which you respond. Russia has not been occupying Ukraine for the last 50 years. Nor did Russia announce its plans to annex Crimea and Russia has not announced its plans to annex more of Ukraine.

Ukraine was occupied for roughly 50 years.

And the lack of an announcement doesn't change the reality that they were re-annexed.

Back
Top Bottom