• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
“Roto-Rooter, if you’re listening, I hope you can find…”

Now we know why Trump was obsessed with poorly flushing toilets.

Whiile Trump was in office, White House residence staff would occasionally discover wads of printed paper clogging a toilet and believed Trump had tried to flush it down, Axios reports, citing Haberman's book. Trump was, at times, fixated on toilets that wouldn't flush, as The Washington Post's Philip Bump noted.

🤢

Rudy G is in negotiation to testify to the J6 committee.
This is the Trump lawyer whose expenses for his Stop The Steal travels didn't get paid, right?
I hope he sings, but fear he's only teasing the committee to wring some $s out of Trump's campaign funds.

Rudy G is in negotiation to testify to the J6 committee.
This is the Trump lawyer whose expenses for his Stop The Steal travels didn't get paid, right?
I hope he sings, but fear he's only teasing the committee to wring some $s out of Trump's campaign funds.
Yeah, the negotiation part bothers me. What's to negotiate? Immunity, I would guess. Which would not bode well for Trump.

Yeah, the negotiation part bothers me. What's to negotiate?
Giuliani:
I want immunity... no, a pardon. I want to not be disbarred. I want a milkshake...

Thompson:
This is a House investigation, not a trial. You want to talk to an actual prosecutor about testimony and immunity. Here? You'll get nothing, and like it.

"While we are disappointed that Mazars has chosen to part ways, their February 9, 2022 letter confirms that after conducting a subsequent review of all prior statements of financial condition, Mazars' work was performed in accordance with all applicable accounting standards and principles and that such statements of financial condition do not contain any material discrepancies," a Trump Organization spokesperson said Monday. "This confirmation effectively renders the investigations by the DA and AG moot."

... Mazars' work was performed in accordance with all applicable accounting standards and principles and that such statements of financial condition do not contain any material discrepancies," a Trump Organization spokesperson said Monday. "This confirmation effectively renders the investigations by the DA and AG moot."
Seems to me that they're saying THEY used the numbers YOU gave them, and applied "all applicable accounting standards and principles."

Doesn't mean the numbers you gave were good.

Which is pretty much what the DA and AG are concerned with...

What is the "conflict of interest"? Or is that legalese for, we were supposed to finish something but we aren't anymore due to potential liability from investigators, so we are playing the "COI" card?

What is the "conflict of interest"?
They'd have to choose between telling THEIR lies to stay out of jail or telling the client's lies to keep him out of jail. If he's not their client, they can just shout 'Circle of life!' and leave his ass for the wolves.

What is the "conflict of interest"? Or is that legalese for, we were supposed to finish something but we aren't anymore due to potential liability from investigators, so we are playing the "COI" card?
According to George Conway it translates to
George Conway said:
"decision regarding the financial financial statements" =t hey are false because you lied
"totality of the circumstances" = the D.A. is serious
"non-waivable conflict of interest" = we are now on team D.A.
"not able to provide new work product" = sorry we're not going to jail for you

According to George Conway it translates to
George Conway said:
"decision regarding the financial financial statements" =t hey are false because you lied
"totality of the circumstances" = the D.A. is serious
"non-waivable conflict of interest" = we are now on team D.A.
"not able to provide new work product" = sorry we're not going to jail for you
Sounds like it is most accurately stated as "something is checking our work now, so ummm... *click*"

One of the things [Durham] revealed in that, which I have heard from other people is this claim that Rodney Joffe was accessing data from the White House," Wheeler said. "All of that data precedes Trump's inauguration, so you have Trump out there calling for these people to be put to death when really what happened is Rodney Joffe was trying to keep [then-president] Barack Obama safe from hackers. That's all it is. That's why Trump wants these people killed, Durham knows that."

"Durham knows that this data precedes Trump," she continued. "He didn't include it in the filing so he has everyone worked up on Fox News. John Ratcliffe, you showed him earlier. Kash Patel is the source of many of these false claims. They were both witnesses to John Durham and Kash Patel has known about this allegation going back to December of 2017 because he's the one who asked [cybersecurity lawyer] Michael Sussman about it. Michael Sussman was honest about it back in December 2017 and Kash Patel when he was an Intelligence Committee staffer, when he was working in the White House, when he was the chief of staff for [the Department of Defense] he did nothing about this because he knew that all Rodney Joffe was doing was trying to keep the White House safe from hackers. That's what this is about."

Durham has accused Sussman of lying to FBI investigators during a September 2016 meeting about Trump's possible links to Russia, and this latest filing centers around the tech executive's investigation of rumors that computers at Trump Tower were communicating with servers at Russia's Alfa Bank.

"The Durham investigation is in real trouble," Wheeler said. "One of the allegations in the indictment is that Sussman was coordinating with the Hillary [Clinton] campaign on these Alfa Bank allegations back in October. Sussman was, like, name the people. In October, Durham said, 'I don't have any people.' In November, he first interviewed a Hillary staffer, he hadn't actually investigated this. We also learned recently that even though Durham and [then-attorney general] Bill Barr flew to Italy to get the phones from Joseph Mifsud, if you remember, is that Italian who was talking to George Papadopoulos. He never walked across DOJ to get the phones from James Baker, who is the single witness to this conversation with Michael Sussman. He didn't find out that DOJ [inspector general] had two of the phones until January. Then, after he revealed that he had these phones that he should have looked for four years ago, he then had to disclose that he had been told about one of the phones back in 2018 but he didn't remember it anymore."

"That's not the only thing that Durham didn't do before charging Sussman," Wheeler added.

She listed other flaws in Durham's investigation, and she expects Sussman to file a motion to dismiss the indictment against him -- and she believes the special counsel filed his pretrial motion last week to get ahead of that move.

"Probably what last Friday's stunt was about for Durham was an attempt to preempt that, an attempt to pretend that this investigation isn't kind of post-hoc a discovery of things," Wheeler said. "For example, he didn't investigate what the FBI's relationship is with Rodney Joffe before he charged Michael Sussman. He only pulled the communications when Sussman said, 'Why don't you find out what kind of relationship the FBI has with Joffe.' He discovered there were thousands of communications, so Durham is very close to position where Sussman is going to have the opportunity to say, 'You didn't do an investigation before you charged me.'"

Donald Trump's family business will be charged with racketeering, a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist predicted on CNN on Tuesday.

CNN's John Berman interviewed David Cay Johnston — one of the few journalists to obtain Trump's tax returns — following news that the accounting firm Mazars dropped Trump as a client.

"What happens if Mazars cooperates with investigators?" Berman asked. "Which, by all accounts, it does seem that they are."

"Well, Donald Bender, the Mazars accountant who prepares Trump's tax returns testified before the Manhattan grand jury and New York has this very unusual law, if you testify before the grand jury, you are granted immunity," Johnston explained. "That's not true at the federal level and in other states. So, he no longer is in concern personally for anything he may have done, from the Manhattan prosecutors."

"But, it does mean that Mazars is helping the prosecutors put together the, what I expect, will be a racketeering case. A New York state racketeering case against Trump, the Trump Organization, Allen Weisselberg and probably Donald's three older children," he said, referring to Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump and Eric Trump.

New York's Enterprise Corruption and the Organized Crime Control Act, often known as "little RICO," is the state's adaption of the federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization Act (RICO) that is designed to go after organized crime.

The New York statute can carry prison terms of up to 25 years.

"Where do you think this ends for Donald Trump and the Trump Organization?" Berman asked.

Despite all this dodgey shit coming into light, I still don't see Trump going to jail. Not because he's an entitled rich cunt (even thought he is) but I suspect, even in New York, the chances of finding 12 random Americans to form a jury and not a single one of them is a Trumptard to be infinitesimal. Depressing but also pretty accurate.

Back
Top Bottom