• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
Li'l Donnie had a really bad week. In yet another court loss the judge said that Trump's speech to the rioters on Jan. 6 "is the essence of civil conspiracy."

The funny thing is, even if the rioters had been successful in stopping the certification, the Biden campaign would have sued and the courts would have confirmed Biden as president anyway. That's the great thing about having three branches of government. The mass stupidity of the Trumpers is surpassed only by the stupidity of Trump himself.

Last edited:
A full blown MAGA Trump ass kisser would hopefully be excluded from the jury pool.

A full blown MAGA Trump ass kisser will lie their Trumpsucking face off to save their Orange Jesus.
I imagine it'll be like the J6-ers. Someone in their life will be willing to inform the court that 'Juror #3 is 'MAGAmyDAY' on Twitter,' if the prosecutor's research department missed it.

Aren't juror names kept very secret (except from close family members)? (Unless a juror goes out drinking and brags about it.) With 35% of Americans believing this criminal should be President, I think it will be tough to get "twelve of his peers" to convict. Especially since financial crimes are hard to prove and hard to understand.

Am I un-American? I have big misgivings about the 1st Amendment, the 2nd Amendment AND the whole adversarial/jury justice system.

I think i know what's next for Trump. Knives.

I believe Trump will make sure his kids testify before he does.
They loyally Fifth out 500-600 times.
Thanked, dismissed, their photo taken as they depart (talking heads for CNN discussing if they look shaken, for FOX discussing how smartly Ivanka dressed for the fishing expedition.
Trump enters the room.
And throws the lot of them under the bus.
He'll have a deal before he sits down, probably before the day.
It's always about him, and anyone else has started distancing themselves. All that's left are the Gang of Three.
Gang of Three?

Even Trump voters realize that Eric and Junior are too stupid to run a criminal enterprise, I think. And Ivanka may be too smart to take the fall.

But who are the Three? :confused: Hints, please?
Breaking it into syllables? Bigger than a breadbox?

Aren't juror names kept very secret (except from close family members)? (Unless a juror goes out drinking and brags about it.)
Yes, but they do publish sketches of the courtroom, including the jurors reacting to testimony.
And i figure the sudden silence of some of my relatives, coinciding with jury selection, might draw my attention. I am sure others will note if Billy Joe stops sending a weekly Metaphor- or Derec-type email.

Also, these people could not really handle thd lockdowns for The Plague. They're going to have difficulty if they are sequestered. I expect thrir true colors will shine on.

With 35% of Americans believing this criminal should be President, I think it will be tough to get "twelve of his peers" to convict. Especially since financial crimes are hard to prove and hard to understand.
And when that jury deliberates, if someone's objections to conviction are based on Hillary or Hunter, the foreman's going to slip a note to thge judge.

m I un-American? I have big misgivings about the 1st Amendment, the 2nd Amendment AND the whole adversarial/jury justice system.
Well, Jefferson had misgivings about the 1st.
And everyone only quotes part of the 2nd.
Nothing unAmerican about noting problems.
Gang of Three?

Even Trump voters realize that Eric and Junior are too stupid to run a criminal enterprise, I think. And Ivanka may be too smart to take the fall.
Ivanka, Junior, Kushner.

I was reminded of something today, that doesn't get near enough play.
In a criminal trial, taking the Fifth leaves the oprosecution with doing their own homework. You're innocent until they prove you guilty.

In a civil trial, taking the Fifth can be used against you. Given the chance to tell your side of the story, you say, instead, that details of your side of the story would lead to criminal prosecution...the jury is allowed to consider that.

So, you wonder why Eric's lawyer let him do that 500 times.... then realize Eric's lawyer pcertainly works for Trump, Sr. So, very likely, The Donald has already tossed a kid to the bus barn driveway....

In a criminal trial, taking the Fifth leaves the oprosecution with doing their own homework. You're innocent until they prove you guilty.

In a civil trial, taking the Fifth can be used against you. Given the chance to tell your side of the story, you say, instead, that details of your side of the story would lead to criminal prosecution...the jury is allowed to consider that.

So, you wonder why Eric's lawyer let him do that 500 times.... then realize Eric's lawyer pcertainly works for Trump, Sr. So, very likely, The Donald has already tossed a kid to the bus barn driveway....
A strong possibility. And the irony which I'm certain that he is unable to see is, he tried to win the election by getting an investigation of Hunter Biden opened.

A strong possibility. And the irony of which I'm certain that he is unable to see is, he tried to win the election by getting an investigation of Hunter Biden opened.

One more blow.

Maybe it's not straight-up dementia? Maybe Trump is playing a game? Not four-dimensional chess, but, I dunno, an RPG?

he released the following:
“I hope everyone is able to remember that it was me, as President of the United States, that got delinquent NATO members to start paying their dues, which amounted to hundreds of billions of dollars. There would be no NATO if I didn’t act strongly and swiftly. Also, it was me that got Ukraine the very effective antitank busters (Javelins) when the previous Administration was sending blankets. Let History so note!”
- Orange Menace in a statement on 28 Feb

Maybe he thinks he can cast Mass Illusion to get everyone to forget the actual ancient history of First Impeachment? Blackmailing Ukraine and making up absolute hogwash about NATO dues? Insisting we pay LESS towards NATO?

Maybe it's not straight-up dementia? Maybe Trump is playing a game? Not four-dimensional chess, but, I dunno, an RPG?

“I hope everyone is able to remember that it was me, as President of the United States, that got delinquent NATO members to start paying their dues, which amounted to hundreds of billions of dollars. There would be no NATO if I didn’t act strongly and swiftly. Also, it was me that got Ukraine the very effective antitank busters (Javelins) when the previous Administration was sending blankets. Let History so note!”

Maybe he thinks he can cast Mass Illusion to get everyone to forget the actual ancient history of First Impeachment? Blackmailing Ukraine and making up absolute hogwash about NATO dues? Insisting we pay LESS towards NATO?

Of course, it's nonsense.

’I Alone Can Fix It’ book excerpt: Inside Trump’s Election Day and the birth of the ‘big lie’ - The Washington Post.

Esper had worked with Biden and his secretary of state in waiting, Antony Blinken, when he was a senior staffer on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. He had confidence that they were serious, stable people who cared deeply about shoring up national security. Esper couldn’t say the same about Trump. In fact, Trump had privately indicated that he would seek to withdraw from NATO and to blow up the U.S. alliance with South Korea, should he win reelection. When those alliances had come up in meetings with Esper and other top aides, some advisers warned Trump that shredding them before the election would be politically dangerous.

“Yeah, the second term,” Trump had said. “We’ll do it in the second term.”

Imagine if Trump had won, how he would be handling the war on Ukraine. He certainly wouldn't be assisting Ukraine with even sanctions. He'd probably be sending our troops to fight with Russia.

We are being a bit harsh. After all, Trump ended street violence in Chicago within the first week in office.

Of course, it's nonsense.

’I Alone Can Fix It’ book excerpt: Inside Trump’s Election Day and the birth of the ‘big lie’ - The Washington Post.

Imagine if Trump had won, how he would be handling the war on Ukraine. He certainly wouldn't be assisting Ukraine with even sanctions. He'd probably be sending our troops to fight with Russia.

I don't think we'd fight Ukrainians. But we might set up a peacemaker buffer zone, a barricade to prevent any arms or supplies to be moved into Ukraine.
And it would definitely be called 'hunter Biden's War,' not an invasion. A police action to fight 'the last administration's corruption.'

He thought Finland was in Russia.

In a new memoir, the former US attorney general William Barr says Donald Trump must not be the Republican candidate for president in 2024.

The man he served between 2019 and 2020, Barr writes, has “shown he has neither the temperament nor persuasive powers to provide the kind of positive leadership that is needed”.

Trump, Barr says, has surrounded himself with “sycophants” and “whack jobs from outside the government, who fed him a steady diet of comforting but unsupported conspiracy theories”.

Trump hinted again on Saturday that he intends to run in 2024. He did not immediately comment on Barr’s analysis.

Last summer, though, he called his former attorney general a “swamp creature” and a “Rino [Republican in Name Only] … afraid, weak and frankly … pathetic”.

In a new memoir, the former US attorney general William Barr says Donald Trump must not be the Republican candidate for president in 2024.

The man he served between 2019 and 2020, Barr writes, has “shown he has neither the temperament nor persuasive powers to provide the kind of positive leadership that is needed”.

Trump, Barr says, has surrounded himself with “sycophants” and “whack jobs from outside the government, who fed him a steady diet of comforting but unsupported conspiracy theories”.

Trump hinted again on Saturday that he intends to run in 2024. He did not immediately comment on Barr’s analysis.

Last summer, though, he called his former attorney general a “swamp creature” and a “Rino [Republican in Name Only] … afraid, weak and frankly … pathetic”.

Too late, asshole. And all that was already known before you signed on.

Trump only hires The Best People, but the people he fires couldn't find the drive-thru at a gas pump.
I think Barr is trying to refresh his tarnished and tattered reputation. Remember, everything Trump touches turns to shit. He should have known that going in.

The reporting is saying if Trump wants to run he will be the Republican candidate.

The Republicans are still kissing his butt and his followers believe what he says.

Like all his enterprises I expect his venture into social media will fail.

He will continue to descend into insanity and craziness divorced from reality.

IOW, a nut case.

Back
Top Bottom