• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
I am thinking he should buy an island and set up his own kingdom.

And the movie they make of the day Isla Trump is repossessed for failure to pay.... Jimmy Kimmel as Trump. Lisa Lampanelli as Melania. Skeletor as Giuliani
Eric as Eric. Just don't tell him it's a movie.

And the movie they make of the day Isla Trump is repossessed for failure to pay.... Jimmy Kimmel as Trump. Lisa Lampanelli as Melania. Skeletor as Giuliani
Can you imagine if he did such a thing and the MAGAts started immigrating to his island nation? His screams of "I don't want those low class losers in my country" would reverberate throughout the gawdy halls of his palace.

Can you imagine if he did such a thing and the MAGAts started immigrating to his island nation? His screams of "I don't want those low class losers in my country" would reverberate throughout the gawdy halls of his palace.
Well, he'd welcome them to cut the lawns and gas the yachts, pick up trash in the marinas. But then he'd hike their rents, they'd want to talk about that, he'd revoke their isla subscription, they'd scream 'We have rights!', he'd say no, you do not, the shooting would start....

I think indictment might be next....
Glenn Kirshner, former US prosecutor, said that after the first major indictment happens the floodgates will open and others will get the balls to act on the evidence of Trump's crimes.

More from Barr's book:
Barr, who had a famous falling-out with Trump late in his presidency, writes that Trump’s “constant bellicosity diminishes him and the office,” and that in the final months of the administration, he came to realize that “Trump cared only about one thing: himself. Country and principle took second place.”

“We need leaders not only capable of fighting and ‘punching,’ but also persuading and attracting — leaders who can frame, and advocate for, an uplifting vision of what it means to share in American citizenship,” Barr writes. “Donald Trump has shown he has neither the temperament nor persuasive powers to provide the kind of positive leadership that is needed.”
Most notably, he unloads on Trump, casting him as an “incorrigible” narcissist who, “through his self-indulgence and lack of self-control,” blew the 2020 election and then did “a disservice to the nation” in falsely claiming his defeat was due to fraud.

“The election was not ‘stolen,’” Barr writes. “Trump lost it.”
He writes that the lawyers “operated like a tag team, so that neither of us would provoke too much of the President’s ire at one time.”

“We referred to this as choosing who would ‘eat the grenade,
’” Barr writes.
“People are worthwhile to Trump only as means to his ends — as utensils,” Barr writes. “When they don’t help him get what he wants, they are useless. In my case, Trump’s disenchantment started — as it was bound to — when he saw I was not willing to bend the law to do his bidding.”
“Covid was a staggering blow to the President’s political fortunes because, instead of serving as an opportunity to demonstrate his leadership qualities, it proved to be a stage on which he displayed some of the more alienating aspects of his behavior,” Barr writes. “In short, the pandemic threw into bold relief Trump’s deficiencies as leader — showcasing his failings, not his strengths.”

Glenn Kirshner, former US prosecutor, said that after the first major indictment happens the floodgates will open and others will get the balls to act on the evidence of Trump's crimes.
IF an indictment comes down, what kind of “major” would it have to be to provoke an avalanche of further indictments?
Would an indictment related to financial fraud do it? Better or worse than a seditious conspiracy indictment?

I don’t see any limit whatsoever on what trumpsuckers and their GQP would thumb their noses at. Witch hunt has been well pounded into their tiny bird brains.

Weisselberg was indicted for tax fraud but hasn't flipped.

I don't think no one wants to be first to indict, i think everyone wants a slam dunk. They want a case so good that even if the jury lets him off, the judge sets that aside and convicts. And they keep asking their people, "Is it enough, yet?"
And no one will say it's there. So they continue piling up evidence.
But they do know there is a cut-off date.
There won't be any prosecution if Repugs take the White House.
They won't want to get too close to that election to look like political attack.
Someone has calculated a definite last chance date, and everyone's counting down the days.

More from Barr's book:
Barr, who had a famous falling-out with Trump late in his presidency, writes that Trump’s “constant bellicosity diminishes him and the office,” and that in the final months of the administration, he came to realize that “Trump cared only about one thing: himself. Country and principle took second place.”
Wait, what?! It took to the final months of his Admin for Barr to realize that?

It is painfully obvious Trump is a Putin wanna be. He thinks he is a king.

If I wanted to be malicious I would go online telling his followers Trump needs to be protected,he wnts you to go to Mira Lago with your guns.

Weisselberg was indicted for tax fraud but hasn't flipped.
Duh! Pardon season is right around the corner.
Weisselberg was indicted by the State of New York, not the Feds, so Trump-47 won't be able to help him.

In tax fraud cases, the State and the Feds are usually both victims: Are charges usually filed in BOTH courts?

Weisselberg was given some sort of limited federal immunity when he was forced to testify against Michael Cohen. Does that prevent Federal prosecution?

Weisselberg was indicted by the State of New York, not the Feds, so Trump-47 won't be able to help him.

That would be the case under a lawful regime. Cheato will, if re-installed as “President”, change those rules and probably usurp the powers of Governors. If not, he’ll get a toady installed as Governor.

I know that sounds pretty out there but I’m sure that’s how it will unfold. The Putin playbook will be back in force starting in January 2023, barring a miracle.

Plus … Weaselburg would be no better off turning on his master, unless he was offered blanket immunity in a huge guaranteed package that protected him, his family and associates. That may yet emerge, but as long as the promise of a Nazi resurgence remains alive, it won’t be a very enticing offer. He will be a major hero of The Don’s if things go to plan, and he’s not ready to throw that prospect away.

Li'l Donnie had a really bad week. In yet another court loss the judge said that Trump's speech to the rioters on Jan. 6 "is the essence of civil conspiracy."

The funny thing is, even if the rioters had been successful in stopping the certification, the Biden campaign would have sued and the courts would have confirmed Biden as president anyway. That's the great thing about having three branches of government. The mass stupidity of the Trumpers is surpassed only by the stupidity of Trump himself.
um, no, the plan was to throw it to the House of Reps to decide--the Supremes would have gone along with that, I think.

Li'l Donnie had a really bad week. In yet another court loss the judge said that Trump's speech to the rioters on Jan. 6 "is the essence of civil conspiracy."

The funny thing is, even if the rioters had been successful in stopping the certification, the Biden campaign would have sued and the courts would have confirmed Biden as president anyway. That's the great thing about having three branches of government. The mass stupidity of the Trumpers is surpassed only by the stupidity of Trump himself.
um, no, the plan was to throw it to the House of Reps to decide--the Supremes would have gone along with that, I think.
What they were planning is irrelevant. The SCOTUS declared the election final in 2000 when there were acknowledge legitimate concerns about the outcome Florida. No way in hell they would allow an election that had no question whatsoever be overturned because a fool refused to perform his ceremonial duty.

The Trumpsters lost 60 court cases for a reason. They would not win this one.

What they were planning is irrelevant. The SCOTUS declared the election final in 2000 when there were acknowledge legitimate concerns about the outcome Florida. No way in hell they would allow an election that had no question whatsoever be overturned because a fool refused to perform his ceremonial duty.
On what basis? Pence says the EVs are out of order, SCOTUS has zero power to say otherwise. They can say the VP doesn't have authority to do this, but if the VP continues, it means no one gets the majority of EVs, we go to the House.
The Trumpsters lost 60 court cases for a reason. They would not win this one.
I don't think this ever gets to the Court.

I don't think this ever gets to the Court.
This. Once it's in the House, they declare the votes fraudulent, any attempts to say they're valid are just further efforts to advance the fraud.
Any lawsuit, at county, state, federal level, is automatically prosecuted as a attempted voter fraud by the DoJ, plus billed for wasting the court's time with obvious chicanery.

Back
Top Bottom