• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Something worse than Trump as a Putin Stooge

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
There have been rumors for a while... people are talking about them and saying things... like Trump is compromised by the Russians. People think that and nod their head and the pieces all fit together. It all makes sense now. They aren't happy about it, but at least it removes doubts.

But then I was pondering, what would be worse than Trump being compromised by Putin?

Simple.

Putin has little to do with Trump at all.

Sure, at the surface it doesn't sound bad, but then you look at the actions of Trump. Pissing off our European allies, talking wildly about North Korea freaking the heck out of our Asian allies... then turn heel and get lovey dovey with Kim Jong Un, tariffs targeted in large part at our allies, trash talking Canada, lovey dovey with Russia both in secret meetings with Putin and just spilling critically secret Israeli intel.

Imagine, for a moment, that the only reason Trump was doing any of these things, was simply because he thought it was a a good idea.

I think we are treading down a path with almost no good options. We are stuck with a President that is either A) compromised by Russia or B) he isn't compromised by Russia, but is a deluded idiot that has no idea how he waddled to where he is today. And to make matters worse, 30+% of the nation support either of those options, quite possibly including straight into hell.

That implies he thinks.

I think it's much more that he's very easily manipulated.

There have been rumors for a while... people are talking about them and saying things... like Trump is compromised by the Russians. People think that and nod their head and the pieces all fit together. It all makes sense now. They aren't happy about it, but at least it removes doubts.

But then I was pondering, what would be worse than Trump being compromised by Putin?

Simple.

Putin has little to do with Trump at all.

Sure, at the surface it doesn't sound bad, but then you look at the actions of Trump. Pissing off our European allies, talking wildly about North Korea freaking the heck out of our Asian allies... then turn heel and get lovey dovey with Kim Jong Un, tariffs targeted in large part at our allies, trash talking Canada, lovey dovey with Russia both in secret meetings with Putin and just spilling critically secret Israeli intel.

Imagine, for a moment, that the only reason Trump was doing any of these things, was simply because he thought it was a a good idea.

I think we are treading down a path with almost no good options. We are stuck with a President that is either A) compromised by Russia or B) he isn't compromised by Russia, but is a deluded idiot that has no idea how he waddled to where he is today. And to make matters worse, 30+% of the nation support either of those options, quite possibly including straight into hell.

It's tempting to blame everything on Trump, but that would be as stupid as a Texas Republican.

Republicans have been bad-mouthing our allies for decades.

Republicans have been stirring up xenophobia against all foreigners for decades.

Republicans have been stirring up racism for decades.

They've been complaining about the institutions America built to project our power in the Cold War (UN, NATO, WTO, etc.), and they've been complaining bitterly for decades.

It's entirely possible that Trump isn't taking orders from Putin. It may be that he's the first Republican politician to actually believe Republican rhetoric.

Get this through your heads right now. Long after Trump is out of office, Trump voters will still be voting. Nothing can re-connect Republican voters with reality, so this train doesn't stop until America is in a ditch, all of the institutions and infrastructure we use to project power on the world stage are destroyed, and the world economy has stopped using dollars as a trade standard.

What we're seeing unfold right now isn't the brainchild of Putin. He's not that clever. Putin is just exploiting decades of groundwork set by FOX News and Rush Limbaugh and the rest of the right wing blowhards on radio and TV. American conservatives and libertarians have spent decades steering America into the ditch. Putin just made it so that this time, the Democrats weren't able to stop them.

It has come to my attention that Trump is white and that I have criticized a white person for treason.

I deeply apologize for criticizing a white person just because the available evidence suggest that he has committed treason. I get that by criticizing a white person, I am offending certain people who feel that I am being unfair to white people when I do things like this. Since I am only half white myself, i should probably refrain from criticizing white people, and I apologize for my offense.

That implies he thinks.

This was a point I meant to bring up, but had forgotten. Yes, that one of the other issues is that Putin has him around his figure because... he is too damn easy to manipulate.

It has come to my attention that Trump is white and that I have criticized a white person for treason.

I deeply apologize for criticizing a white person just because the available evidence suggest that he has committed treason. I get that by criticizing a white person, I am offending certain people who feel that I am being unfair to white people when I do things like this. Since I am only half white myself, i should probably refrain from criticizing white people, and I apologize for my offense.

Seriously, dude. Get a new hobby.

That implies he thinks.

^^^ that and he wants to be a dictator too

But he'll be the best dictator EVER. A tremendous dictator.
He is so jealous of the other dictators (Putin XI, Kim, Duterte, Erdogan etc.) that he kisses all of their butts, and just CAN'T WAIT to become their peer and show them how a really GREAT dictator operates. Leaders of Democratic countries - pffft! Wussy little people. Trump will be the most dictatorial dictator in the history of dictators.
Bigly.

Back
Top Bottom