• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Swedish Social Democratic anti-semitism

Of course not, because that would mean applying the same standard to Jewish master race and sub-human Palestinians. Duh!

Where do you see the IDF shooting from behind kids??
All the time. The IDF is not standing on the border or in Gaza - those missiles are sent from miles away with lots of civilians (including children) between the launch sites and the victims.

Of course not, because that would mean applying the same standard to Jewish master race and sub-human Palestinians. Duh!

Israel has a state policy of allowing civilian populaton transfers to the occupied territory, including children. Sure they do a better job at protecting them, because Palestinians are too weak and largely unwilling to attack the civilians directly.

wouldn't have a hard time thinking that Mossad has connections with ISIS, much like thinking the CIA could have been involved as well. Much like how the US helped form al Qaeda. These Intelligence groups get themselves involved in trying to manipulate the scenes and then they lose control of it all.

That is totally false. The US had zero to do with helping al Qaeda. In fact the Arab fighters had little to do with the defeat of the Russians. They took the battle of Jaji and used it as a huge public relations tool. Read some Peter Bergen.....

wouldn't have a hard time thinking that Mossad has connections with ISIS, much like thinking the CIA could have been involved as well. Much like how the US helped form al Qaeda. These Intelligence groups get themselves involved in trying to manipulate the scenes and then they lose control of it all.

That is totally false. The US had zero to do with helping al Qaeda. In fact the Arab fighters had little to do with the defeat of the Russians. They took the battle of Jaji and used it as a huge public relations tool. Read some Peter Bergen.....
I found Steve Coll's Ghost Wars book a fascinating read about the CIA's involvement in Afghanistan. Apparently the Afghani mujahideen regular found the Arab fighters more trouble than they were worth with their holier than thou religious attitudes and actually just ended up executing them from time to time when they acted up (supposedly desecration of traditionally decorated afghan graves as being non-Islamic royally pissed them off).

I remember that the resources provide by the CIA, MI6 and ISI were all mentioned as being funnelled towards various mujahideen warlords and that Al Qaeda weren't really on the CIA's radar at the time.

All the time. The IDF is not standing on the border or in Gaza - those missiles are sent from miles away with lots of civilians (including children) between the launch sites and the victims.

What in the world are you talking about?

Are you saying that Israel engages Gaza with surface-to-surface missiles?? Most things that hit Gaza come off aircraft!

Are you saying that Israel engages Gaza with surface-to-surface missiles?? Most things that hit Gaza come off aircraft!

Launched from densely packed urban areas filled with civillians, mixed in with off-duty soldiers, and reservists.

Launched from densely packed urban areas filled with civillians, mixed in with off-duty soldiers, and reservists.

Airports are big things. Hitting them without hitting the civilians is no big deal. It's not like Hamas holding people in the target houses at gunpoint.

Thank you for re-enforcing my point: those aircraft are not on the border.

They are in the sky--are you saying there are Israeli children in balloons over Gaza and under the aircraft?

They are in the sky--are you saying there are Israeli children in balloons over Gaza and under the aircraft?

Oh, I get it. Hamas is allowed to blow up Israeli children with rockets as long as they are launched from the air. It's the ground launches that make it a bad thing. :rolleyes:

Back to the OP.
Who is Kaba? Does not sound a typical Swedish name. Is he an immigrant? Descendant of recent immigrants? From where? What is the Swedish SD official policy on Israel, Palestine, Gaza, Jerusalem's status?
I see he apologised and rejected the statement. But in 2012 used the expression Jew/European right-wing conspiracy.
Swedes please help. I am tired of Google translations and most search replies are in Swedish.

Wait... that equates anti-Semitism?
But that is by far not the worst thing. A social democratic (i.e. the new ruling party) politician claims that IS is a product of Mossad.
The mind boggles.
I know, it'd be like saying al Qaeda was a product of the CIA. Oh wait...

Saying that it is a product of a group, doesn't mean the product was as intentionally meant to be designed as.

As quoted earlier, the vast majority of countries voted for the recognition of Palestine. It has representation in many countries. It's borders are defined as the 1967 borders.

See
http://www.un.org/press/en/2012/ga11317.doc.htm
Voting by an overwhelming majority — 138 in favour to 9 against (Canada, Czech Republic, Israel, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federated States of), Nauru, Panama, Palau, United States), with 41 abstentions — the General Assembly today accorded Palestine non-Member Observer State status in the United Nations.

- - - Updated - - -

Loren's defenition of terrorism seems to be, violence commited by people that can't afford an airforce.

I define terrorism at violence aimed at civilians. Civilians on a military target are not terrorism. Mistakes are not terrorism.

Unintentional repeated acts of destruction have the same effect as intended acts of destruction. There is room for Palestinians and Jews to live side by side with Christian communities as they used to.

whichphilosophy said

There is room for Palestinians and Jews to live side by side with Christian communities as they used to.

In theory.
In practice we have seen that this is impossible, at least at present and for the foreseeable future.

12 july 2014, the new Swedish Prime Minister, and then leader of the opposition, Stefan Löfven, commented on the conflict between Hamas and Israel on Facebook and then argued that Israel has the right to defend itself. The response from the grass roots of his party was loads of heavy anti-Semitic comments that the Swedish Committee Against Antisemitism documented in a 10 page report. Stefan Löfven’s reaction towards all these anti-Semitic comments was erasing his statement from Facebook, where he argues that Israel has the right to defend itself. Only a few months before Stefan Löfven became prime minister in Sweden he managed to show the racists in his party that they had influence over the foreign policy.--"What’s Behind Sweden Recognizing a Palestinian State?"​

all those <edit> in the east.. within Isreal and outside, are ALL SEMITES. favoring one group of semites over another group of semites is not anti-semetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
A better word for antisemitism is Judenhass, hatred of Jews.

That's pretty well true.
But, but..., there's always a but, I do not think that being anti some of Israel's policies, excused by its leaders and pro-Israel posters here, as necessary for survival, I do not think thatbeing against some of them is antisemitic. It is always implied, not said, that those who are opposed to some or any of Israel's internal and external policies, are all anti-semites. You are 100% behind what Israel does and says or you are antisemitic. Come off it. Yes, many are, but many are not and if Israel persists in only listening to itself and its yes-sayers it will continue losing popular support in the world. It may not care at present, might is right, as I so tiresomely continue to repeat on these forums, but there is a time beyond the present. The right-wing Israeli nationalists/supremacists, who try to tell us "modestly" that they are simply patriots/survivalists, were to a degree which is arguable, responsible for the Muslim/Arab reawakening which, frustrated, has resulted in Hamas and Isis. Think about it. You can dismiss me as a Jew-hater if you like, I've been called that, and a Jew-lover, before, it does not matter to me, but think about what I've said. Forget about propaganda and counter-propaganda, but think whether all of Israel's aims and actions and policies are really necessary. For the sake of the Israeli and Arab children and their children and grandchildren, and the grandchildren's grandchildren.
And what is the ultimate aim of Israeli policies? Survival? In peace? In what borders? Why are there Israeli extremist settlements in the West Bank? Is that so that area can be effectively colonised further? Think about things. There may still be time to make peace.

The new Swedish government's policy in the Palestine case is exactly the same as the policy of the last strong leader of Israel, Ariel Sharon: two separate states with well-defined borders, i.e. peace - however cold and hostile it might be in the beginning. Sharon begun to build massive border walls and even closed settlements for better borders. Anti-semitism indeed. Since Sharon the governments of Israel have been more or less prisoners of the weirdest religious parties in the world.

Back
Top Bottom