• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syed's Mega-Thread

death is when god take out our soul from our body in appointed time

I know. And what device does God use to do this? How are the souls removed? What other contraptions are involved in the time of appointment? Where, and how long? Are there many guards? Can you break down the terrain for me here? .

according to the quran angels take out our soul on appointed time, and also angels put soul into fully grown baby fetuses

about appointed time of death

according to islam this life is a TEST when we finest our test, angels will come and take our soul out from our body and our body no longer function-able

i know you may have more questions to ask

according to the quran angels take out our soul on appointed time, and also angels put soul into fully grown baby fetuses
Well, at least that solves the abortion debate... Any fetus before full development, it's not alive and no souls are involved.
According to the Bible, the soul gets put in by God at first breath. So any time before actual delivery, abortion does not involve living things.

I do have a question, though. My kids were all born 3 months premature, between 2lbs 2oz and 2lbs 7oz. So by Christain sourcebook they got their souls that day (first breath). When would the Islamic view put their insoulation, though? At full birth weight, or what?

Yeah, but you still haven't answered a lot of existing questions in the thread.

Appointed time though. When? I always say a month, because of the pineal gland mystery. Someone is always telling me to google forty something days. I'm like yeah I'll get right on that but I never get around to it.

Yes?

according to islam this life is a TEST when we finest our test, angels will come and take our soul out from our body and our body no longer function-able

Where do they keep the souls? Do they break up into mp3 format? Do we lose information when our souls go away from our bodies? Maybe we have done it so many times we can no longer understand this most basic thing. What do the angels look like in the quran? Actually I don't want to know about the quran. Naturally you're unhappy with it so why would I want to burden myself with more on the nonsense. You are unsatisfied with Islam so you are making your own God. Many Religious people do that. At least you don't keep it a secret. That is the TEST you speak of perhaps.

Can you use like, references from stuff? Like comparing a motherboard to the way the soul stealing process works. A battery's inner parts, or any familiar thing to help explain your point? You're speaking It like an oracle and that is Okay if you're actually saying something. I thought maybe it was a language barrier but I'm sure it smells like some oracle stuff in your native language as well.

Yeah I do and sorry if that was obscenely rude. If you post another block strange sentences I'll probably still come back and talk because this subject interests me.

Soul = Electricity = Battery = Engine of all creatures
A theory called vitalism -- a thoroughly-discredited theory. Organisms are elaborate nanomachines, and death is no more mysterious than a car breaking down.

Your quran and your islam are full of nonsense, at least on this topic.

And you believe it. That's funny.

You must be a POE. You've been outed.

Soul = Electricity = Battery = Engine of all creatures
A theory called vitalism -- a thoroughly-discredited theory. Organisms are elaborate nanomachines, and death is no more mysterious than a car breaking down.

car can be repair and death is final and mystery to science

- - - Updated - - -

Your quran and your islam are full of nonsense, at least on this topic.

And you believe it. That's funny.

You must be a POE. You've been outed.

your contribution 0

actually we use science to determine if something is dead

what is missing in dead person?

Actually nothing, if we don't count natural losses through evaporation. Every molecule which was there before death, is still there.

It's really no different than a lamp which is switched off. Everything is still there. No mass is lost when you turn off a lamp.

what is missing in dead person?

Actually nothing, if we don't count natural losses through evaporation. Every molecule which was there before death, is still there.

It's really no different than a lamp which is switched off. Everything is still there. No mass is lost when you turn off a lamp.

lamp off because there is no fuel coming, so without fuel lamp died out

Even the professional Theologians, the Doctors of Divinity, use cherry picking and quite sophisticated rationalisation to diminish the cruel, vindictive god of war, Yahweh the god of Israel, while promoting the universal God of Love of the new testament....and even then ignoring the underlying vindictive, shallow nature of this deity in terms of selection criteria, punishment, etc. It's quite astonishing in its dishonesty.

I wouldn't want to diminish God's righteous exercise of His prerogative to wrath and punishment.

I don't call it "vindictive" but I certainly wouldn't resile from the hard facts. Neither do I accept that there is an Old Testament version of God who is somehow not the same God of the New Testament.

That would be like a child whose father was a police officer being unable to reconcile the fact that their parent at one time saves people from burning cars and other times uses a tazer on people who steal cars.

No need for rudeness. Be nice to our theist guests.

I was being nice to the theist. I said his god seemed to be a little pissant, not that Lion IRC was a little pissant.

Yes, it's a shame how often theists will take offence on behalf of their gods. There's this supposedly all-encompassing being that none of us can truly comprehend, and somehow we manage to hurt it by saying something not nice about it. Like some shitty little human, one of billions at this moment, even more billions through time, on one tiny planet in one small solar system, in a backwater of one of the millions of galaxies, has the power to injure the infinite ...

Of course, what's really going on is not that we've offended their deity - who should be big enough and ugly enough to take that kind of thing - but that we've offended them, and their most cherished beliefs. But that sounds too petulant, so they'll couch it in terms of offending their god. Which is, if their descriptions of said god are accurate, pretty much impossible. Or then again, maybe not ... maybe, being infinite, their god is so damn stretched out that its skin is infinitely thin, and even the slightest wrong glance causes infinite offence. Just think of that the next time you laugh at a Jehovah's Witlessness!

Disclaimer: Knowing how often people take things the wrong way on internet fora, I'd just like to point out that I am in no way implying, above, that any posters in this thread, theist or atheist, are taking offence on behalf of their god(s). The above remarks are just a general observation of theist behaviour when you call their deity what it is described as being, rather than what they'd like it to be.

Back
Top Bottom