• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syed's Mega-Thread

i meant to say human are the only creature who could read, write, talk, and cure ourselves because god made us that way

I don't care what you "meant" to say. I can only respond to what you do say, because I'm not a fucking mind reader. In any case ... again, no.

Talking: many animals communicate. What they say might not be as sophisticated as human language, but they can convey simple messages by various means. We can go further, but that's only a matter of degree.
Reading, writing: can you "read" the dance of a bee returning to its hive after finding a source of food? Other bees can. That's a form of "writing", using symbolic "language" to convey a message.
Curing ourselves: simply put, we can't "cure ourselves" of everything. And for the vast majority of humanity's time on this planet, we couldn't cure anything. Unlike, for example, some lizards , which can grow back amputated tails or limbs.

We're not special.

you can refute me millions of time as you like but your refutation won't satisfied YOU

now you are comparing your intelligence to lizard and bugs for in your defense of atheism

now you are comparing your intelligence to lizard and bugs for in your defense of atheism

Now you are resorting to twisting words, making it out like he's saying he's got a lizard-like or insect-like intelligence when the point was very different. That's not honest.

To get a real sense of what’s unique about humans, we must compare ourselves to other animals. A real sense of the sameness and differences, instead of a fantastical and absurd sense that seems meaningful to weak people who hate their bodies and hate the world.

We’re cousins to the lizards and bugs and the rest of life on the earth. That’s not bad, that's good. Only world-hating persons could possibly see that a bad thing.

Why do feel disdain for animals?

Now you are resorting to twisting words, making it out like he's saying he's got a lizard-like or insect-like intelligence when the point was very different. That's not honest.

To get a real sense of what’s unique about humans, we must compare ourselves to other animals. A real sense of the sameness and differences, instead of a fantastical and absurd sense that seems meaningful to weak people who hate their bodies and hate the world.

We’re cousins to the lizards and bugs and the rest of life on the earth. That’s not bad, that's good. Only world-hating persons could possibly see that a bad thing.

Why do feel disdain for animals?

no, you are not albert einstein nor you are lizard. i bet you have higher IQ then lizard

I don't think that you explained it well enough. Going on what you say, humans in heaven cannot learn because it requires suffering and evil in order to be able to learn.

Angels are in heaven but because they do not suffer they are robots and cannot learn.

Given this situation, once humans are in Heaven they must stop learning, they must stall in terms of their ability to learn.

first, i didnt say that human cant learn in heaven

now human already learned a b c, 1 2 3 and how to makes computer, so we will continue learn in heaven for fascination and material gain

our stage of NO PAIN NO GAIN will be over in heaven and replace with knowledge for fascination and material gain

god knows best

If humans can learn in Heaven without the presence of evil and suffering, as you have said, then your claim that evil and suffering is necessary in order to be able to learn is a false claim.

you can refute me millions of time as you like but your refutation won't satisfied YOU

I'm offering a prize to anybody who can tell me what the fuck the above actually means.

Thing is, Syed, I can refute you millions of times, as I and many others here have refuted you so many times before, but since you're not prepared to let anything contradictory penetrate your little shell of religious wilful ignorance, you'll never learn anything from it. Your loss, I'm afraid.

No, I'm merely pointing out that you're utterly wrong (surprise, surprise) to say that humans are the only animals that learn. Even when you move the goalposts to make it about speaking, writing and (for some reason best known to yourself) curing disease or injury, you're still wrong, wrong, wrong.

But even if I had been comparing human intelligence to lizard and bug intelligence ... what? If I was to compare human intelligence to anything, it can only be to the intelligence of other animals. There is no other thing that human intelligence can be compared to. Or would you prefer to compare human intelligence to the price of cheese in Guatemala, say? Or to the average weight of a brick in a 2-bedroom house? Mind you, either of those would make just as much sense as most of your posts ...

first, i didnt say that human cant learn in heaven

now human already learned a b c, 1 2 3 and how to makes computer, so we will continue learn in heaven for fascination and material gain

our stage of NO PAIN NO GAIN will be over in heaven and replace with knowledge for fascination and material gain

god knows best

If humans can learn in Heaven without the presence of evil and suffering, as you have said, then your claim that evil and suffering is necessary in order to be able to learn is a false claim.
do you believe that human have learn about cancer if there was NO cancer in human body?

do you believe that human have learn about cancer if there was NO cancer in human body?

Congratulations, Syed. You've just beaten off all competition in the "stupidest post ever" contest.

I admit, we probably would not have learned about something that doesn't exist.

But then, I can't imagine why we would want to.

the reason we learned about our body and chemistry because the pain and suffering

Congratulations, Syed. You've just beaten off all competition in the "stupidest post ever" contest.

what is your answer?

My answer to what? To your daft question? OK, I'll bite. Here you go:
No, I don't believe that humans would have learned about cancer if there was no such thing as cancer. Obviously. Just like we've never learned about fadoogly, because humans don't get afflicted by fadoogly.

what is your answer?

No, I don't believe that humans would have learned about cancer if there was no such thing as cancer. Obviously. Just like we've never learned about fadoogly, because humans don't get afflicted by fadoogly.

the differences between human and animals IS that human knows our own existence who and what created us while animals DONT

human are special god creation

evolution theory can not explain why human become learning creature

the differences between human and animals IS that human knows our own existence who and what created us while animals DONT

human are special god creation

evolution theory can not explain why human become learning creature

What is religious indoctrination?

What is religious peer pressure?

]

if we really knew "who and what created us", we wouldn't need to have this discussion. As it is, all we have is some people claiming to know when all they really do is believe.

]human are special god creation
Before you can claim that with any authority, you would first have to demonstrate that there is such a thing as a "god". Then you'd have to show that it was capable of creating. Finally, you would be required to explain why humans are "special".
Go ahead; I'll wait.
]evolution theory can not explain why human become learning creature
Before telling anybody what evolutionary theory can or can't explain, you would first have to understand evolutionary theory. You don't, so you can't. And you really, really shouldn't.

the reason we learned about our body and chemistry because the pain and suffering

And since there will be no more pain and suffering in heaven, there will be no more learning there?

Sounds dull.

the differences between human and animals IS that human knows our own existence who and what created us

This is a classic example of  Begging_the_question, or circular reasoning.

"We can prove that God exists because we know that God exists."

Syed uses this forum to practice his use of logical fallacies.

He's doing quite well, don't you think?

I don't know, Syed and others spend most of their lives (evidently) learning about a god that doesn't exist.

How about you answer a question for a change and stop with all the dancing around. Does the dead baby go to heaven even if it didn't suffer? Does it have the ability to learn in heaven?
of course adult will teach baby just like we teach baby now

So what you're saying is that suffering is not necessary for learning. A baby who did not suffer can go to heaven and learn as much as anyone who has suffered an entire lifetime of the most abject misery imaginable.

You've nuked your entire argument, but that's pretty much par for the course.

Back
Top Bottom