• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syed's Mega-Thread

I am reminded of an old adage about wrestling with a pig. Arguing whether or not Lucifer was originally an angel or a Genie is like arguing whether or not Batman belongs in the same club as Superman and Wonder Woman.

It's always fascinating to see what people are prepared to learn, and what they're not prepared to learn. In this case, it's yes to learning the difference between types of imaginary beings, and no to learning the science of evolutionary theory. Far be it from me to tell others what they should be doing with their time, but I can't help thinking Syed has wasted his on fantasy creatures, when he could have been using it to learn something useful. Oh well, chacun sa merde, as they say in France.

Last edited:
angels are kind of robots they dont do evil or sin and dont get sick and they dont have free will

they only know thing that god taught them

You know this....how?

Plus, Satan in the book of Job is described as being autonomous, with a mind of his own. Which contradicts what you say.

Nor have you addressed the issue of countless generations of evil and suffering with no hope of a solution.

in islam jesus was human being not god and satan was jinn not angel

It's always fascinating to see what people are prepared to learn, and what they're not prepared to learn. In this case, it's yes to learning the difference between types of imaginary beings, and no to learning the science of evolutionary theory. Far be it from me to tell others what they should be doing with their time, but I can't help Syed has wasted his on fantasy creatures, when he could have been using it to learn something useful. Oh well, chacun sa merde, as they say in France.

if you explain to me about how does "natural selection" work in logical manner i will became atheist

It's always fascinating to see what people are prepared to learn, and what they're not prepared to learn. In this case, it's yes to learning the difference between types of imaginary beings, and no to learning the science of evolutionary theory. Far be it from me to tell others what they should be doing with their time, but I can't help Syed has wasted his on fantasy creatures, when he could have been using it to learn something useful. Oh well, chacun sa merde, as they say in France.

if you explain to me about how does "natural selection" work in logical manner i will became atheist

Here's a logical explanation:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_selection

Here's another one:
http://www.globalchange.umich.edu/globalchange1/current/lectures/selection/selection.html

You've had years to read logical explanations of Natural Selection. Why haven't you read them and learned Natural Selection?

Why do you remain ignorant about Natural Selection?

Plenty of Muslims understand how Natural Selection works, and accept that it is true, without becoming atheists. There are even Muslim biologists who study evolution.

You do not need to renounce Islam in order to understand scientific ideas, particularly not relatively simple and fundamental theories such as Natural Selection.

So what are you waiting for?

That's not how it works, Syed. You don't get spoonfed; you have to go and learn for yourself if you really want to learn. If you don't want to learn, that's your problem, not mine, although it does kind of go against what you've been saying about humans being "learning creatures" and how we "suffer in ireder to learn". If you can't be arsed with the "suffering" of picking up a book or opening a webpage, how the fuck will you ever learn anything?

That's silly Bigfield. Don't you understand the difference between a True Muslim and those heretics? It's simple, really: Anyone who doesn't agree 100% with Syed is not a True Muslim.

But what's seriously silly is this notion that belief in natural selection and/or evolutionary theory is a requirement for being an atheist.

Here's another one:
http://www.globalchange.umich.edu/globalchange1/current/lectures/selection/selection.html

You've had years to read logical explanations of Natural Selection. Why haven't you read them and learned Natural Selection?

Plenty of Muslims understand how Natural Selection works, and accept that it is true, without becoming atheists. There are even Muslim biologists who study evolution.

You do not need to renounce Islam in order to understand scientific ideas, particularly not relatively simple and fundamental theories such as Natural Selection.

does natural selection makes mistakes?

But what's seriously silly is this notion that belief in natural selection and/or evolutionary theory is a requirement for being an atheist.

without evolution theory atheism makes no sense

but god can exist with or without evolution theory

Here's another one:

does natural selection makes mistakes?
Yes, look in the mirror for one.

You know this....how?

Plus, Satan in the book of Job is described as being autonomous, with a mind of his own. Which contradicts what you say.

Nor have you addressed the issue of countless generations of evil and suffering with no hope of a solution.

So Jinn are prone to disease, old age, decline and death? Jinn get cancer, heart disease, arthritis and all the other woes of humankind?

God doesn't make sense, period. But atheism can exist without evolution theory. There were atheists for thousands of years before there was evolutionary theory.

Fail.

So Jinn are prone to disease, old age, decline and death? Jinn get cancer, heart disease, arthritis and all the other woes of humankind?

first thing is jinn are not biological creature like human blood and bone

2, i dont know that they eat food

3, i dont know they are prone to disease

4, they do die of old age

Because if he catches one he'll be too busy making wishes to bother with us.

God doesn't make sense, period. But
atheism can exist without evolution theory
. There were atheists for thousands of years before there was evolutionary theory.

Fail.

then how do you explain without evolution theory diversity of species ?

evolution theory is atheists holy cow and favorite science

Back
Top Bottom