• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syed's Mega-Thread

There many Cosmological models being considered....which is not 'nothingness'

ok

what cause materiel universe to come to exist?

It's perfectly acceptable to say, "I don't know." That doesn't mean that I think it came from nothingness, it simply means that it's a difficult problem to solve, and it hasn't been solved to a high degree of confidence.

What doesn't help is to say, "If something is unknown, then it must be God." Without evidence, that's just guessing. It's no different than saying, "I don't know what caused the noises in my attic, so it must be ghosts." Or "I don't know where the holes in my backyard came from, so it must be leprechauns." Or "I don't know what causes thunder, so it must be Thor."

ok

It may be cyclic. It may be a part of a larger system. It may be something we have not yet thought of. We don't know.....well, some folks do pretend to know, the religious ones with their belief in this or that version of ''god''- but quite obviously not able to agree amongst themselves on the nature or attributes of this thing they call god.

For all we know, God did indeed start the Big Bang, but he died in the explosion. Accidents happen to the best of us.

That would satisfy just about everyone, wouldn't it? Theists get to say that God created the Universe, and everyone gets to live as if there is no God.

No, you tell us.
You keep telling us what we believe, show us that you know what we know.
Or admit that you haven't got a fucking clue what we actually think.

you dont know, we know who did
If you think 'we don't know' is our answer, then what's up with all the 'majority of atheists believe nothingness' bullshit?

Make up your mind, Syed.

ok

It may be cyclic. It may be a part of a larger system. It may be something we have not yet thought of. We don't know......

i respect your honesty that you admitted you have no clue. why not go further and say there is MAYBE a god?

ok

It's perfectly acceptable to say, "I don't know." That doesn't mean that I think it came from nothingness, it simply means that it's a difficult problem to solve, and it hasn't been solved to a high degree of confidence.

"
science does not know what cause the psychical universe to exist and science does not know what cause life on earth. therefore goddidit

atheist's high priests
If you ever wondered at what point you lost all credibility in that claim, it's somewhere around here.

- - - Updated - - -

Because that is not a step FURTHER in the direction of honesty.

your atheism has no foundation so why say there is no god?
Who says my atheism has no foundation?
It's not like i just woke up one day and decided on a whim to reject all the sound, logical arguments and objective evidence for every single god humanity ever tried to offer me.

ok

It may have always existed. As I said, it may be cyclic. The fact is, we don't know.

And as I also said, there are folks who claim they do know; God did it, they say, thus claiming knowledge where no actual knowledge exists. You, yourself, happen to be one of those people.

"We don't know" doesn't imply "Anything is possible".

If you roll a pair of standard dice behind a screen, and ask me what the total is, it would be unjustified for me to claim to know. The most likely result is seven; but it could be anything from two to twelve.

So my honest answer is "I don't know".

Now, if you were to say "My holy book says that two dice rolled behind a screen always sum to fifteen", I am completely justified in saying that your holy book is wrong. And I can do so while still declaring that I don't know what the right answer is.

I don't know if, nor how, the universe began. But I know it wasn't caused by a god, for the same reason that I know two standard, six-sided dice, don't add up to fifteen, even though I don't know what they do add up to.

ok

It may have always existed.
if the universe and life ALWAYS existed, universe HAD to be stationary and animals species SHOULDN'T extinct

As I said, it may be cyclic.

do atheist believe without the prove? yes you do its call blind faith

your atheism is based on blind faith

If you roll a pair of standard dice behind a screen, and ask me what the total is, it would be unjustified for me to claim to know. The most likely result is seven; but it could be anything from two to twelve.

why cant you say "I don't know" god exist or not?

If you ever wondered at what point you lost all credibility in that claim, it's somewhere around here.

- - - Updated - - -

Because that is not a step FURTHER in the direction of honesty.

your atheism has no foundation so why say there is no god?
Who says my atheism has no foundation?
It's not like i just woke up one day and decided on a whim to reject all the sound, logical arguments and objective evidence for every single god humanity ever tried to offer me.

atheist's high priests says universe BEGAN from nothingness

atheist believe in BLACK magic

atheist's high priests
Syed, there is no one whose opinion i respect simply because they're an atheist, much less a superior atheist, or they rank higher than me in an organization that does not exist.
says universe BEGAN from nothingness
There are several people exploring the question. If someone publishes a theory, i don't validate it by asking if they're atheist or not. They could be any form of theist, the question is if they've had their work peer reviewed by experts and whether they publish in a real journal or a vanity press thingy.
You're barking up the wrong tree.
atheist believe in BLACK magic
And here, you've completely lost all touch with reality.
Again.

why cant you say "I don't know" god exist or not?

Because I know they don't. Fictional characters have nonexistence as one of their primary traits.

It may have always existed.
if the universe and life ALWAYS existed, universe HAD to be stationary and animals species SHOULDN'T extinct

As I said, it may be cyclic.

do atheist believe without the prove? yes you do its call blind faith

your atheism is based on blind faith

That's not what a cyclic universe means, syed.

Back
Top Bottom