• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syed's Mega-Thread

all human worship same god but understand god differently

No. There is a clear contradiction between the Christian version of God and the Islamic version of God, both of these versions being in contradiction with the nature of the God of Judaism.

Logically, they cannot all be right. Either one is right and the rest wrong, or most likely, given how these ideas have evolved over time, all are wrong

all religions says that THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD and our god is THE TRUE god

muslims say christians worship god

christians say muslims worship god

jews, hindus, sikh all say that christian and muslims worship god

according to all religions THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD

so why do you ATHEISTS say there is more then ONE god?

do christians, muslims, hindus, jews say there is more then ONE god?

No, how about you discuss Quran 5:72, and explain it in a manner that's consistent with what's written in the text?
Not just try to waive it away and substitute your preferred message.

didn't i already explained to you that ?
No, not really.
Your interpretation doesn't match what the text says.
So take us through it, word by word, to support your silly version.
Until your interpretation of this verse makes sense, there's no point in looking at any other verse.

- - - Updated - - -

all religions says that THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD
Not true, which kinda hampers your interpretation effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Syed View Post

all religions says that THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD

Originally Posted by Keith&Co.

which religion say there is more then one god?

Do your homework before you start making such sweeping, and incorrect, statements, syed.

do i see white flag here?
Not even slightly, syed.

_I_ have an interest in religion and know a few things about what people have tried to tell me The Truth is. One of them was a Muslim who went into great detail about how Christains were pagans and hell-bent.

I've also known a few pagans.

I'm aware of several religions which honor more than one god.

None of them are gods _I_ find compelling, but there are still a whole grunch of god-concepts out there.

so when someone says every religion believes in only one god, I already knowthat person's talking out there ass on something they don't know nearly as well as they think they do. But I don't feel that it would be worth any effort to try to educate you.
NO effort to educate you has produced any worthwhile results in the entire time you've been posturing here.

So, really, you're wrong, you're not convincing anyone, and everyone who knows ANYTHING about the subject sees you clowning around the topic.

go find a book, read up and try again.

Originally Posted by Keith&Co.

which religion say there is more then one god?

Deities, gods, are divine beings. Like angels and demons. Both Christianity and Islam are really polytheistic at bottom, claiming a hierarchy of divine beings exists.

Like ancient Greek mythology of Greek Titan Gods creating lesser Gods, nymphs, dryads and other divine beings, Islam has a big daddy God creating lesser gods, divine beings. No real difference.

No. There is a clear contradiction between the Christian version of God and the Islamic version of God, both of these versions being in contradiction with the nature of the God of Judaism.

Logically, they cannot all be right. Either one is right and the rest wrong, or most likely, given how these ideas have evolved over time, all are wrong

I didn't say that there is more than one god.

Atheists say there is no evidence for the existence of any god.

What I said was, there are major contradictions between the god [version] that different religions believe in.
In other words, the principle god of Hinduism, Brahma (the ground of all being) is nothing like the god of Christianity as described in the bible, these two versions of 'God' are not compatible, nor do Christians recognise Brahma as an actual God, for example.

The same goes for attributes of the God of Islam in relation to Brahma....and so on.

These are entirely different versions of god falling under the generic label of 'God' or in Arabic, 'Allah'

What I said was, there are major contradictions between the god [version] that different religions believe in.
In other words, the principle god of Hinduism, Brahma (the ground of all being) is nothing like the god of Christianity as described in the bible, these two versions of 'God' are not compatible, nor do Christians recognise Brahma as an actual God, for example.

The same goes for attributes of the God of Islam in relation to Brahma....and so on.

These are entirely different versions of god falling under the generic label of 'God' or in Arabic, 'Allah'

you need to understand that almost ALL religions become CORRUPTED because nature of man is corrupted

an example

buddha was born a hindu, as a hindu he believe in karma and reincarnation ie life after death and never claimed to be divine

but today buddhists worship him and dont believe in god

buddha was an atheist?

do atheists believe in karma and reincarnation ie life after death?

its makes no sense an atheist to believe in after life

so human also changed the nature of GOD to fulfill their vein desired

they created god in their own image

atheist do say that

you need to understand that almost ALL religions become CORRUPTED because nature of man is corrupted
You have to understand that from the atheist point of view, all religions start off as fiction, anyway, so a later 'corruption' doesn't make them any more or less valid...
They certainly can. 'Atheist' only means they don't believe in god. So there can be some form of afterlife as long as it's not coordinated by a deity. ghosts, reincarnation, the Next Phase, all possible if an atheist sees a compelling reason to accept them as real.
a
its makes no sense an atheist to believe in after life
Oh, you never understood enough about atheists to be in a position to talk about atheism.
so human also changed the nature of GOD to fulfill their vein desired

they created god in their own image
So, if everyone's gods are inventions of their own, they're NOT worshiping the same god, just a common process.
atheist do say that
NO, they do not, Syed.

They say there are millions of god concepts.
They say that man's religions offer millions of gods.
They say that Allah is one of millions of gods people worship. Not that the objects of their worship are real.

They certainly can. 'Atheist' only means they don't believe in god. So there can be some form of afterlife as long as it's not coordinated by a deity. ghosts, reincarnation, the Next Phase, all possible if an atheist sees a compelling reason to accept them as real.

i smelled dishonesty

i smelled dishonesty
No, just a vocabulary.

i smelled dishonesty
No, just a vocabulary.

what that mean?

i smelled dishonesty

Then you should take a shower.

I don't think it's me who needs reminding of something that happens to be a matter of faith in the first place.

Whether corrupted or not, the bible says what it says about God, the Quran says what its says about Allah/God, the Gita says what its says about God....but none of these are describing the same thing.

The Hindu version is nothing like the Christian version which is nothing like the Muslim version and so on.

There lies your problem. The problem of faith based beliefs.

The various descriptions of God are in contradiction with each other, so logically they cannot all be right.

But they can all be wrong

I don't think it's me who needs reminding of something that happens to be a matter of faith in the first place.

Whether corrupted or not, the bible says what it says about God, the Quran says what its says about Allah/God, the Gita says what its says about God....but none of these are describing the same thing.

The Hindu version is nothing like the Christian version which is nothing like the Muslim version and so on.

There lies your problem. The problem of faith based beliefs.

The various descriptions of God are in contradiction with each other, so logically they cannot all be right.

But they can all be wrong

yes many descriptions of God is WRONG but there MUST be a creator because NOTHINGNESS can not create the universe

you atheists believe NOTHINGNESS created the universe

AND

you atheists CANT explain how NOTHINGNESS created the universe except to say BIGBANGDIDIT or EVILUTIONDIDIT

Back
Top Bottom