• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syed's Mega-Thread

in the QURAN allah said that he love those who keep clean themselves

"Truly, Allah loves those who turn to Him constantly and He loves those who keep themselves pure and clean." (Al Baqarah 2:222)

“Truly, God loves those who turn unto Him in repentance and loves those who purify themselves.” (Quran 2:222)

“O you who believe! When you intend to offer the prayer, wash your faces and your hands (forearms) up to the elbows, wipe your heads, and (wash) your feet up to the ankles. If you are in a state of Janaba (i.e. had a sexual discharge) purify yourself.” (Quran 5:6)

The last part ( "If you are in a state of Janaba (i.e. had a sexual discharge) purify yourself.”) reveals that this has sod-all to do with hygiene. It's all about ritual cleanliness, not physical cleanliness.

But still, as RavenSky pointed out, it's dumb to say that "god" wants us to wear clothes so we can wash them every day.It's easier to wear nothing and keep one's body clean than to wear clothes and keep both them and one's body clean. Not to mention the fact that clothes inhibit cleanliness by providing extra habitat for parasites.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that's it, Syed. Spread the love. [/sarcasm]

Funny how so many theists go on (and on and on ...) about their "love" for their "god", while displaying such open hatred for humanity. It's not a new thing either; Tacitus cited it as one of the reasons Xians were (allegedly) persecuted after the Great Fire of Rome in 64CE. Fucking hypocrites.

i am happy that god made me human not tree monkey

Yes, "he" made you a ground monkey instead. Still doesn't explain why you hate humanity so much you'd rather see it wiped out than naked.

clothing, reading, writing makes human civilized, why do you prefer to be naked tribe?

- - - Updated - - -

in the QURAN allah said that he love those who keep clean themselves

"Truly, Allah loves those who turn to Him constantly and He loves those who keep themselves pure and clean." (Al Baqarah 2:222)

“Truly, God loves those who turn unto Him in repentance and loves those who purify themselves.” (Quran 2:222)

“O you who believe! When you intend to offer the prayer, wash your faces and your hands (forearms) up to the elbows, wipe your heads, and (wash) your feet up to the ankles. If you are in a state of Janaba (i.e. had a sexual discharge) purify yourself.” (Quran 5:6)
But why do you trust the quran?

its make sense to ME

so you like to hanging on the tree with your cousin ape?
I didn't say that. That is your very weird projection. Being unclothed has no correlation to hanging around in trees. But people being naked doesn't concern me. I've passed by many a nude persons while hiking, and they didn't attack me...

it will be ok with you if a nude man come close to your children?

None of which indicates that your god requires clothing

Chapter (7) sūrat l-aʿrāf (The Heights)

Sahih International: O children of Adam, We have bestowed upon you clothing to conceal your private parts and as adornment. But the clothing of righteousness - that is best. That is from the signs of Allah that perhaps they will remember.

Pickthall: O Children of Adam! We have revealed unto you raiment to conceal your shame, and splendid vesture, but the raiment of restraint from evil, that is best. This is of the revelations of Allah, that they may remember.

Yusuf Ali: O ye Children of Adam! We have bestowed raiment upon you to cover your shame, as well as to be an adornment to you. But the raiment of righteousness,- that is the best. Such are among the Signs of Allah, that they may receive admonition!

Shakir: O children of Adam! We have indeed sent down to you clothing to cover your shame, and (clothing) for beauty and clothing that guards (against evil), that is the best. This is of the communications of Allah that they may be mindful.

Muhammad Sarwar: Children of Adam, We have given you clothing to cover your private parts and for beauty, but the robe of piety is the best. Thus is the guidance of God so that you may take heed.

Mohsin Khan: O Children of Adam! We have bestowed raiment upon you to cover yourselves (screen your private parts, etc.) and as an adornment, and the raiment of righteousness, that is better. Such are among the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah, that they may remember (i.e. leave falsehood and follow truth).

So the same exact quote from multiple translations, but it still doesn't say that your god requires clothing, nor does it support your original claim:

because god want human to wash and change cloths every day

I didn't say that. That is your very weird projection. Being unclothed has no correlation to hanging around in trees. But people being naked doesn't concern me. I've passed by many a nude persons while hiking, and they didn't attack me...

You seem to have a thing about men...why not a woman? And to answer your question, sure no problem, assuming normative context.

Chapter (7) sūrat l-aʿrāf (The Heights)

Sahih International: O children of Adam, We have bestowed upon you clothing to conceal your private parts and as adornment. But the clothing of righteousness - that is best. That is from the signs of Allah that perhaps they will remember.

Pickthall: O Children of Adam! We have revealed unto you raiment to conceal your shame, and splendid vesture, but the raiment of restraint from evil, that is best. This is of the revelations of Allah, that they may remember.

Yusuf Ali: O ye Children of Adam! We have bestowed raiment upon you to cover your shame, as well as to be an adornment to you. But the raiment of righteousness,- that is the best. Such are among the Signs of Allah, that they may receive admonition!

Shakir: O children of Adam! We have indeed sent down to you clothing to cover your shame, and (clothing) for beauty and clothing that guards (against evil), that is the best. This is of the communications of Allah that they may be mindful.

Muhammad Sarwar: Children of Adam, We have given you clothing to cover your private parts and for beauty, but the robe of piety is the best. Thus is the guidance of God so that you may take heed.

Mohsin Khan: O Children of Adam! We have bestowed raiment upon you to cover yourselves (screen your private parts, etc.) and as an adornment, and the raiment of righteousness, that is better. Such are among the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah, that they may remember (i.e. leave falsehood and follow truth).

So the same exact quote from multiple translations, but it still doesn't say that your god requires clothing, nor does it support your original claim:
some muslims say burka requires lol

btw

i believe that god teach human how to make clothes

god is an engineer not a magician
You say that "God" made humans from dirt. It's certainly not by engineering, because dirt does not engineer into living things,
(not in the way you seem to mean). How does dirt turn into the materials in a living thing ??? Dirt is basically silicon, oxygen
and a few metals. Humans contain many other chemicals than what is in dirt, as well as complex physiological interactions.

It is not going to be any good, to say something like: ' "God" just can do these things', because that is the same as saying:
"God" magics them into existence. Any engineer that can convert dirt into a human being is doing magic. It does not follow
the laws of chemistry and physics to be able to convert dirt into living beings.

So either "God" did not make life and human beings, or "God" does magic, (ie. is a magician). Of course evolution can do the
job of moulding life into all the forms we observe, but it took about 4½ billion years to happen. {Note that evolution does
NOT explain how life first originated}.

You also say that "God" made the universe from smoke. What sort of smoke can be engineered into all of the things in the
universe, and by what mechanism* ??? It's certainly not by the laws of chemistry and physics. Again, smoke cannot be engineered
into all of these things in the universe, and such a thing could only be done by magic. So either "God" did not make the universe,
or "God" does magic, (ie. is a magician).

Of course I don't believe in magic.

* = you are not expected to know the details of how such things are done, just explain how it is POSSIBLE for such things to be
done, except by magic, ( ie. supernatural means), because engineering is not the way.

2. "God" has foreknowledge, but it is limited; "God" does not have the ability to foresee any of the following . . .

• When a person will be born;
• When a person will die;
• Any acts of supposed "freewill" that a person has not yet carried out.
god give life and take life

last one correct
The first two haven't been answered. Does: 'god give life and take life' mean that "God" can foresee when a person will be born and
when a person will die, or does it mean that "God" cannot fore-see births and deaths, and why is that ???

3. "God" has foreknowledge of where all of the atoms in the universe will be at any time in the future.

i didnt say that
So when "God" made the universe and life etc., did "he" not know how it would turn out. Surely if "God" made human beings, for example,
then he would have known in advance that "he" would give them noses, hearts, livers, legs etc., and if "he" knew that was to be "his"
design, and all of these body parts are made of atoms, then "he" must have known where all of the atoms in living creatures would be,
before "he" supposedly created them. So the problem is, why would "God" not have fore-knowledge of the locations of the other atoms
in the universe ??? It is the WHY that is most important.

4. "God" knows that apples fall from trees, but cannot tell in advance when a particular apple will fall off a particular tree.

that MY understanding
I can't comment on this till I get your answer about atoms - apples are made of atoms. It is the WHY that is most important.

So my question to you now, Syed, is, 'Which of the above do you admit are erroneous, and should not be believed, (by you),
and which of the above do you continue to accept as true, and believe ?'

i can be WRONG every thing i said but right NOW that what i believe

i am a religious scientist i do change as NEW evidence come to me

i like term religious scientist for myself :D
I don't find anything which I'd call evidence, in any of your posts, Syed. Can you list some things which you think come under the heading
of 'evidence' in what you've written in this thread ??? Please make sure that what you call evidence is something which we can all go and
check, and I'd also appreciate it, if you could tell us where to look, (eg. on the internet), to check that your evidence is true and factual.

By the way, I really do appreciate all of the effort that you do go to, in replying to my posts. I still need to keep on trying to understand
you, and your beliefs, Syed etc., because it's still not all clear to me, and unlike what you said, it does not seem simple.

Cheers: Gila Guerilla.
20px-Donkey%20Kong.png

i believe that god teach human how to make clothes
You also believe God doesn't like people being violent to one another, right?
But you'll put public decency over world peace? You think God cares more about who sees your tallywhacker than people who suicide bomb?

- - - Updated - - -

have you ever nude front of children in normative context?
"Normative context?"
Did you forget what level of language skill you're pretending to be limited to?

WITHOUT clothes human can not be civilized
Have you never heard of nudists?

True story...I went on a trip to Cancun awhile back, and on board the plane were a bunch of nudists headed to a nudist resort down in Mexico.

I ran into them again in the most unlikely place:

Baggage claim.

can you be a nude doctor?
Syed, if you had a weird form of terminal cancer, of the dick, that could ONLY be cured by one doctor on the planet, and he only saw patients when both of you were nude, would you go to him or die in misery?

This isn't even about you being a good person, just self interest. Death or nudity?

But you'll put public decency over world peace? You think God cares more about who sees your tallywhacker than people who suicide bomb?
if all human go nude god will destroy ALL human race

and god will ONLY destroy those who do suicide bombing and the west who bombing innocent muslim's countries

can you be a nude doctor?
Syed, if you had a weird form of terminal cancer, of the dick, that could ONLY be cured by one doctor on the planet, and he only saw patients when both of you were nude, would you go to him or die in misery?

This isn't even about you being a good person, just self interest. Death or nudity?

what if you have hemorrhoid would you see nude doctor?

Syed said:
You seem to have a thing about men...why not a woman? And to answer your question, sure no problem, assuming normative context.

have you ever nude front of children in normative context?
Well, since you were angling for a sinister situation, I was making it clear that I was not. What would not be normal would be for a guy/gal to walk up close to a child and fondle their parts while lewdly looking at them. I do expect it in a public pool/gym, as my child has seen naked men milling about doing their thing. Certainly no guy came up to my son and dangled his dick in his face. I have been in similar nude situations when I was a child. Now let me ask you something, before you try to quibble about them being the same sex: Do you find homosexual sex or heterosexual sex more scary?

Secondly, if nudity was more legal, I'd expect to see naked people taking a walk and waving hi as they passed me and my child (if he were still a child). I'd also expect that my child would have seen nude people at the beach...and so on...

if all human go nude god will destroy ALL human race
Not what I asked...
and god will ONLY destroy those who do suicide bombing and the west who bombing innocent muslim's countries
STILL not what I asked...

You know, syed, you talk a whole bunch of shit about knowing what god wants because it makes sense to you.
Making sense implies thinking.

The more you duck answering a question that requires some thought, though, the less credible your claims of 'makes sense to me' become. Clearly, you don't want to think about things, for fear you might come to wrong conclusion.

Back
Top Bottom