• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Tangerine Traitor trump backtracks on Russian meddling, says he misspoke during Putin meeting

phands

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Hardcore Atheist
And what's worse, the idiot rethuglicans will let him get away with this drivel....

Blistered by bipartisan condemnation of his embrace of a longtime U.S. enemy, President Donald Trump sought Tuesday to "clarify" his public undermining of American intelligence agencies, saying he had misspoken when he said he saw no reason to believe Russia had interfered in the 2016 U.S. election.
"The sentence should have been, 'I don't see any reason why I wouldn't, or why it wouldn't be Russia" instead of "why it would," Trump said, in a rare admission of error by the bombastic U.S. leader. His comment came — amid rising rebuke by his own party — about 27 hours after his original, widely reported statement, which he made at a Monday summit in Helsinki standing alongside Russian President Vladimir Putin.

What a fucking coward the wankmaggot is.

And then immediate question is: What are you going to do about it for the 2018 elections?

He's already blamed Obama for not doing anything in 2016, that would imply there's something that could/must be done in the future so...?

And then immediate question is: What are you going to do about it for the 2018 elections?

He's already blamed Obama for not doing anything in 2016, that would imply there's something that could/must be done in the future so...?
Except he didn't actually recant what he said.

He said he agrees completely with US Intelligence... kind of. What he meant to say yesterday was a soft boiled kind of passive aggressive agreement with our Intelligence Community. What he accidentally and completely unambiguously said yesterday was the exact opposite, but you know... those double negatives. *chuckles*

What Trump said today.

President Iselin said:
I accept our intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election took place. Could be other people also. A lot of people out there.

The sentence should have been, ‘I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be Russia.’ Sort of a double negative. So you can put that in, and I think that probably clarifies things pretty good by itself.

President Iselin at Submission Summit said:
So I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today.

And what he did is an incredible offer. He offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators with respect to the 12 people. I think that’s an incredible offer. OK?

Hey, remember when he "backtracked" on the whole "very fine people on both sides" thing in Charlottesville?

And then went completely berserk a couple of days later?

How about we wait a few days to see if he can actually hold the line here.

Mitch McTurtle said if Russians interfere again they will do... something.

I guess we're going to give them a pass for 2016.

There's nothing new here. This strategy has been in use for decades, to push societies rightwards.

The leader says or does something wildly beyond what is acceptable; Then they backtrack to a position that is merely unacceptable, and that new position gets to be the new normal.

Rinse and repeat.

It's far easier to establish a totalitarian regime by small increments, each of which pushes the people just not quite to the point of revolt, than it is to try to take over all in one go.

None of this would have been considered possible, much less normal, only a couple of years ago.

Every time the excesses of the regime are walked back due to public outcry, the regime doesn't quite walk all the way back to the previous mark. And too few people notice or care.

This is the same shit he's done for a couple of years now. Yes I believe our intelligence services, no I don't, maybe it's a 400lb kid on a bed somewhere or China, yes I do, no I don't. Of this I have no doubt, if he were back in front of Putin tomorrow he would make yet another denial. He is entirely owned by the man. Fuck this cumstain.

I believe he misspoke but I don't believe his clarification.

Why would you believe anything this sack of shit says? Sure he misspoke...but only because he fluffed the lines his Soviet Handler gave him.

I'm just watching it again. The question was address only to Trump, but after his tirade about the missing servers, Putin took the initiative to clarify the answer. That speaks volumes. Putin's body language when Trump is ranting about Hillary is also somewhat telling.

Let's not lose sight of the big picture here. Trump has now basically admitted he attempted to use a double negative.

And using a double negative is Treason!!!

Impeachment and removal of Trump is a near now is a certainty now. Particularly if the Democrats can win 20 of the 9 Republican Senate seats that are up in 2018.

I waiting for the walk back of the backtrack (TM)
Technically, he didn't walk it back all that much to begin with.

I am talking about today. AFTER his opps I meant a double negative.

Here is what he just said

What Trump said: Asked if Russia was still targeting the US, Trump said, "No."

I waiting for the walk back of the backtrack (TM)

Wait no longer!
Don't worry, Trump has it covered.
cited link said:
Toughest president ever? Trump then went on to say that he has been the tougher US President on Russia ever.

"We are doing very well, probably as well as anybody has ever done with Russia. And there's been no President ever as tough as I have been on Russia," Trump said"All you have to do is look at the numbers, look at what we've done. Look at sanctions. Look at ambassadors not there. Look at unfortunately at what happened in Syria recently," he went on.

"And I think President Putin knows that better than anybody certainly a lot better than the media. He understands it and he's not happy about it and he shouldn't be happy about it,. Because there's never been a President as tough on Russia as I have been," Trump continued as his staff shouted at press to leave the room

I am talking about today. AFTER his opps I meant a double negative.

Here is what he just said

What Trump said: Asked if Russia was still targeting the US, Trump said, "No."

And by 'no' what he meant was 'I'm not answering questions right now.'
link

*sigh*

And it gets worse.
article said:
“Does he believe it’s going on?” CBS News’ chief White House correspondent Major Garrett asked Sanders.

“Well, since there’s currently not an election today, not specifically,” Sanders replied. “But we certainly believe we are taking steps so they can’t do it again.”
What in the heck does that even mean?!

article said:
But when pressed by reporters at the briefing, Sanders said she was “interpreting what the president said.”

“I was in the room as well, and I didn’t take it the way you did,” she said.
Man, was she late to the Smoking Industry party. She'd have made the best spokesperson.

Back
Top Bottom