• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Terror attack in Nice

overwhelming is not good enough.
For security, it means some will get through. For blaming a religion for the attacks, it means that such an argument is wrong.
There is an opinion that, overwhelming majority of "muslims" are not really muslims, certainly not to the standards of the original teaching.
And majority of the minority who are actually muslims are total assholes.

There is an opinion that, overwhelming majority of "muslims" are not really muslims, certainly not to the standards of the original teaching.

Yeah, it's an opinion that the extremists want to propagate, and you're more than happy to help them do it.

But reasonable people understand that nobody has a monopoly on what does or doesn't define membership to a religious group.

Yeah, it's an opinion that the extremists want to propagate, and you're more than happy to help them do it.

But reasonable people understand that nobody has a monopoly on what does or doesn't define membership to a religious group.
You are not going to win this debate.

Well, they say he had a load of weapons in his truck. So it's reasonable to assume he had some assistance. So lunatic but not lone.

They are now saying those were fake.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/15/europe/nice-france-truck/index.html
Authorities found several fake rifles and fake grenades inside the truck, according to BFM-TV reporter Cecile Ollivier. A 7.65 caliber handgun was found on the attacker who was known to authorities for weapons possession crimes, but nothing terror related, according to Ollivier.

One real gun but correct the others were fakes. The 7.65 mm is the European equivalent of the 32 Automatic Colt Pistol, or 32 auto cartridge or 32 auto cartridge. Most 7.65's are semi automatic. I am not up to date but the German police were using this caliber (semi automatic) as standard issue.

The French police also use the same size of pistol but there are different model types. Knowledge of the exact model number may give an idea as to where it may have originated from.

If by "win" you mean you convince you of the error of your ways, then most certainly not. But that's not my goal - my goal is to highlight how fucking clueless you are about these issues despite your pontificating. And I already did that, you just haven't figured it out yet.

No one can win or lose anything - your observation is not verifiable for a number of reasons. It would be same as if someone wrote "There is an opinion that the overwhelming majority of Russians are civilized human beings, certainly by well accepted standards of civilization. And the majority of the minority who are not civilized human beings are total assholes". It is an unsubstantiated opinion that cannot be verified without clear and agreed upon definition of the key terms and empirical evidence.

That opinion is very likely wrong. If a small group of Jews went around killing Jews on the Jewish high holidays, I doubt we'd be giving their claims to theological purity much credibility.

Religion is not like mathematics, where we can isolate the essence to specific axioms, which if not followed means you're doing it wrong.

That opinion is very likely wrong. If a small group of Jews went around killing Jews on the Jewish high holidays, I doubt we'd be giving their claims to theological purity much credibility.

Religion is not like mathematics, where we can isolate the essence to specific axioms, which if not followed means you're doing it wrong.

Yeah, it's not like Islam has some book which contains specific religious tenets for reference.

- - - Updated - - -

ashin-wirathu-quote.jpg

Yeah, it's not like Islam has some book which contains specific religious tenets for reference.
The second biggest sin is killing another Muslim. Clearly the assholes don't take their religion too seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

ashin-wirathu-quote.jpg

Yeah, that must be all there is to it, since all Muslims have interpreted the text in a violent manner, and used it to justify violence, 100% of the time, since they were codified. No other factors come into play.

And fuck Ashin Wirathu. He is a racist cunt who fans the flames of violence that has claimed the lives of countless innocent Rohingya Muslims. And he's exactly the sort of person I'd expect the likes of you to glorify.

The second biggest sin is killing another Muslim. Clearly the assholes don't take their religion too seriously.

Pious muslims have no problem with killing other "muslims" they deem to be the wrong sort of muslim (shia v sunni etc) or not being muslim enough. It goes on in an industrial scale in parts of Syria and Iraq.

That opinion is very likely wrong.
No, it is not.
If a small group of Jews went around killing Jews on the Jewish high holidays, I doubt we'd be giving their claims to theological purity much credibility.

As an atheist I don't give a fuck about judaism-islam-christianity or other religions. They are all bad, It's just jews and christians managed to reform their shit into something tolerable. Islam is different in that the main authority there was a total and unquestionable asshole, it's very hard to reform that, especially now.

and the guy who did this doesn't appear to be muslim, isn't middle eastern, and it wasn't a terror attack.

so all of you can shut the fuck up already.

Look, just because he never went to a mosque or ever displayed even the slightest interest in religion doesn't mean that he wasn't a radical mulsim. His name was "Mohamed", FFS. He was basically just born a jihadist.

and the guy who did this doesn't appear to be muslim, isn't middle eastern, and it wasn't a terror attack.

so all of you can shut the fuck up already.

Look, just because he never went to a mosque or ever displayed even the slightest interest in religion doesn't mean that he wasn't a radical mulsim. His name was "Mohamed", FFS. He was basically just born a jihadist.
It's a common name. He could have just confused himself with some other Mohammed. Happens all the time.

Or maybe he was just pissed off that people have been drawing offensive cartoons of him for the past ten years or so, for no reason whatsoever!

CnXr17qVMAERyeD.jpg

The problem with your straw man is that it is a straw man. As I've stated before, it's actually Muslim critics and Muslim extremists who both point to text to define Muslim and that is where they both fail. For example, the texts are against suicide and against rape. Yet, look at ISIS. Of course, they're Muslim. So it's not the text that makes Muslims. That means no, they don't have to cut off your head either to be defined as Muslim. You need to have a more balanced and logically consistent view while going ala carte on the straw men.

Back
Top Bottom