• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Terror attack in Nice

Don't think Trump has to do anything but let Clinton dig herself deeper.

CnXLxwsWgAAj0QM.jpg

#notallnazis
Islam-has-nothing-to-do-with-Islam-sign-620x407.jpg

So you're an unabashed bigot.
A religion is a set of ideas, not an immutable attribute of a person.
There is no bigotry in identifying a particular religion as having a big problem with extremism, including terrorism. Buddhists are not bombing, shooting up people or driving trucks through crowds for their religion on an almost daily basis.

This is not happening on a daily basis in Europe. On the other hand without assuming guilt on ever Muslim there is no problem in looking at Muslim extremist organisations or locations where known hatred is spread. Other leads can also be followed up.

What is that? Pretending saying a particular phrase will magically end these sorts of things? Or are you suggesting that terror attacks in France are Obama's fault? Or that Obama doesn't think defeating terror cells is important? Which mistake exactly?

The weird thing about all this is that when it comes to eliminating "terrorists," the Obama administration has been far more frightfully efficient than his predecessor.

The Bush administration invaded an entire country in an attempt to take out Osama. The Obama administration sent a SEAL team to his house. While the previous incarnation of the US government used "regime change" as a means of dealing with the problem, the current one is employing ruthless and in some cases indiscriminate deployments of targeted drone strikes and special operations to kill individuals.

If I were a Jihadist, I'd much rather be dealing with Bush's blundering approach.

That surely is the truth and it finds one in the peculiar position of bragging about how many Obama has had killed. I mean, I approve of the drone death from above strategy that consistently takes out terrorist leaders and operatives, but it makes me feel a little queasy to get in cock-measuring contest with a shitheaded Trump booster about it.

At any rate, how anyone with half a brain can blame this latest attack on Obama or Hillary is beyond fucking stupid. But there are a lot of stupid fucking people in America.

I keep on hearing and reading in certain circles that getting angry with muslims will not help and it'll help recruit more of them to ISIS, which will help them fight us. Apparently these people, by means I cannot fathom, know what ISIS wants: they want a war. Perhaps it ought to be pointed out that wanting a war isn't the same as winning one. Europe tried avoiding war nearly 80 years ago, and it didn't work. Arguably we got a worse war because of that.

It think it's not about anger, it's about fear. And certain politicians will feed on that fear. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

I keep on hearing and reading in certain circles that getting angry with muslims will not help and it'll help recruit more of them to ISIS, which will help them fight us. Apparently these people, by means I cannot fathom, know what ISIS wants: they want a war. Perhaps it ought to be pointed out that wanting a war isn't the same as winning one. Europe tried avoiding war nearly 80 years ago, and it didn't work. Arguably we got a worse war because of that.

It think it's not about anger, it's about fear. And certain politicians will feed on that fear. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Al Qaeda, Al Nursa, ISIS and other fanatics of their ilk took advantage of the power vacuum left by deposed leaders of Iraq, Libya and parts of Syria which the government lost possession of. These forces recruited people for pay and it seems conscripted others. They take money from the populations in the areas they govern.

So you're an unabashed bigot.
There is no bigotry in identifying a particular religion as having a big problem with extremism, including terrorism. Buddhists are not bombing, shooting up people or driving trucks through crowds for their religion on an almost daily basis.
Identifying a particular religion as having a problem with extremism is not bigotry. Using that as a fulcrum to daily decry the humanitarian efforts to help refugees fleeing a war zone or oppression is a form of bigotry.

BTW, Buddhists are helping to murder the Rohingya people in Myanmar. Since the victims are non-white Muslims, I guess that makes Buddhism okay.

Identifying a particular religion as having a problem with extremism is not bigotry. Using that as a fulcrum to daily decry the humanitarian efforts to help refugees fleeing a war zone or oppression is a form of bigotry.

BTW, Buddhists are helping to murder the Rohingya people in Myanmar. Since the victims are non-white Muslims, I guess that makes Buddhism okay.
Well yeah... didn't you get the memo?

More like their politicians who literally invited the problem to come over.

Why do you blame Muslims in general? I did not blame you, Trausti and loren when that racist shit Anders Breivik killed all those liberal kids in Norway.

We don't blame Muslims, we blame Islam. Islam is the set of beliefs which gives license to these individuals to act as they do. What is bewildering is why Islam is set apart from other religious cults - Scientology, Mormonism, etc. It's apparently okay to point out that these other religious cults have harmful ideas; and it's also okay to mock their adherents. But Islam, no, that's pure as rain. Don't dare criticize it or its followers. Otherwise you'll be called a name.

Take your pick. Once you refute it, they will move onto another or continue to pull you down their rabbit hole of fear.
  1. That Obama won't say the two words that will end all terrorism in Europe: "radical Islam".
  2. That #alllivesmatter except Syrian refugees.
  3. That the EU will soon be a Muslim Caliphate known as Euro Ali-Sharia
  4. That the "West" is dying despite it's complete dominance of the world.
  5. That any Muslim can explode at any time.
  6. Terror babies

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you blame Muslims in general? I did not blame you, Trausti and loren when that racist shit Anders Breivik killed all those liberal kids in Norway.

We don't blame Muslims, we blame Islam. Islam is the set of beliefs which gives license to these individuals to act as they do. What is bewildering is why Islam is set apart from other religious cults - Scientology, Mormonism, etc. It's apparently okay to point out that these other religious cults have harmful ideas; and it's also okay to mock their adherents. But Islam, no, that's pure as rain. Don't dare criticize it or its followers. Otherwise you'll be called a name.

Point and mock away, I won't stop or mock you.

Eh hem... manifest destiny anyone?! Seriously, what the fuck? There is nothing special in Islam that has given its followers any particular license to do bad things that other religions haven't done before hand.

These acts are being perpetrated by psychopathic assholes. Many who have been inspired by a scientology like, terrible fan-fiction sect of Islam.

Eh hem... manifest destiny anyone?! Seriously, what the fuck? There is nothing special in Islam that has given its followers any particular license to do bad things that other religions haven't done before hand.

These acts are being perpetrated by psychopathic assholes.

Good grief. Open a history book. After a few generations free of Islamic terror following the fall of the Ottomans, apparently the West collectively forgot just how bad Islam is. From its creation Islam was about war and subjugation. To say that there is nothing particular in Islam giving license to this behavior is, well, misinformed. ISIS constantly refers to this scriptural authority in its propaganda. The reason they're so fond of cutting off heads is because Muhammad commanded them to do that to the kaffar.

France before the mass importation of Muslims - no terror attacks.

After -

The times have changed, and France is going to have to live with terrorism.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/16/world/europe/attack-nice-bastille-day.html

The farmer and the viper.

Good grief. Open a history book...
Now I see your problem. There is a difference between opening a history book and drooling over the pictures, and reading with comprehension and understanding the actual contents. Of course, why go to the effort of educating yourself when it is less effort and simpler to remain ignorant.

If Islam were such a problem, there'd be a lot more violence in the world. Extremists and sociopaths can misuse any text or religion to fool the gullible to violence.

What is interesting in this thread is that while it is probable this particular psychopath is a Muslim, there is no evidence at this point that he was
1) a Muslim, or
2) linked to any terrorist groups,
yet we have people jumping on the anti-MuslimIslam bandwagon.

These acts are being perpetrated by psychopathic assholes.
Good grief. Open a history book.
The one that doesn't mention Christian issues with violence?
After a few generations free of Islamic terror following the fall of the Ottomans, apparently the West collectively forgot just how bad Islam is.
From its creation Islam was about war and subjugation.
Rock and roll was banned in the US in the 50s. Some people in the US still think a woman's place is in the home. Yes, the western world has come a long way, but it had to come a long way.
To say that there is nothing particular in Islam giving license to this behavior is, well, misinformed.
I didn't say that. I said that there is nothing in Islam that gives it special license to do wrong that other religions haven't done. Islam isn't special.
ISIS constantly refers to this scriptural authority in its propaganda.
And most experts on the Qu'ran think that ISIS is touched in the head.
The reason they're so fond of cutting off heads is because Muhammad commanded them to do that to the kaffar.

France before the mass importation of Muslims - no terror attacks.
None?

After -

The times have changed, and France is going to have to live with terrorism.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/16/world/europe/attack-nice-bastille-day.html

The farmer and the viper.
Yes, attacks in size and repetition has increased. However, blaming an nonanthropromophic religion for the acts of a few is ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Islam has nothing to do with Islam.

32653e778a0f98a0dbe4b731bf650d-vi1.jpg
Seriously, shall we start quoting the Tanakh, it won't take long. These people are psychopathic radicals. If Islam were the absolute source of wickedness, we'd all be at war around the world, in our own neighborhoods.

Back
Top Bottom