• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Thank you, Ziprhead, you’re the best. <3

msy.gif

:D

So....Is this where travel threads go?

Or, are you planning a 'travel and geography' subforum?

Well, now, if you make a hobby out of travel (I do, I’ll post there) then the hobby forum would be appropriate. Other wise, misc discussions, maybe?

When pushed to list 'hobbies', 'travel' always gets a mention from me, so I consider it a 'hobby'.

But I do hang at a small board where travel and geography get a fair amount of postings from the limited, but widely scattered denizens of the list. Travellers, particularly if they take pix, can generate some image-heavy threads (but, then, so do other 'hobbyists').

I do car camping. We took our kids cross country in 5 different month-long trips. (NW, SW, Deep South, Maritimes, California). Minivan and a tent. Until this year, we just bought a Ford Transit so it will be a full size van now, for the sake of a little luxury. 47 US states, 3 Mexican states, 5 Canadian provinces ... so far.

Kewl.

We upgraded recently with a newer minivan and had a tour of the national parks/monuments in Four Corners region of the southwest all 'planned'. Y'know, Arches, Durango, Mesa Verde, Chaco, Canyon de Chelly, Meteor Crater, Grand Canyon and Moab. We generally do the motoring and 'no-tell motel' routine. Having the nice new van will give us a 'fall-back' option.

That got bumped for the Budapest trip.

Budapest sounds fun!!

Oh yeah.

A couple years back, we did a river cruise from Amsterdam to Vienna. We couldn't swing the entire Amsterdam to the Black Sea voyage at the time because we were both working. Now, we're going back to cruise up the Danube from the Black Sea to Budapest, via the Bucharest, Constanta, the Iron Gates, Belgrade, and Budapest. We also tacked on a couple weeks in Budapest, which I intend to use to reach places like Hallstatt, Krakow, and Split, while my SO frees her 'spa geek' in the heated mineral waters of Pest. Still, the original plan to get several days in Istanbul has evaporated in the international tensions.

Last edited:
When pushed to list 'hobbies', 'travel' always gets a mention from me, so I consider it a 'hobby'.

But I do hang at a small board where travel and geography get a fair amount of postings from the limited, but widely scattered denizens of the list. Travellers, particularly if they take pix, can generate some image-heavy threads (but, then, so do other 'hobbyists').

I love going away. I had a job for about 2 years that saw me travel in an area the size of Texas on a very regular basis.

I worked out today that Bilby and I have been on. 5 holidays in our 5 years together! Not bad hey?

I do car camping. We took our kids cross country in 5 different month-long trips. (NW, SW, Deep South, Maritimes, California). Minivan and a tent. Until this year, we just bought a Ford Transit so it will be a full size van now, for the sake of a little luxury. 47 US states, 3 Mexican states, 5 Canadian provinces ... so far.

Is Newfoundland on that list? Really, it's worth the effort. Amazing country with jaw-dropping scenery, geographically related to Spain; and lovely people. Not just one UNESCO World Heritage sites but two. Gros Morne National Park, a geological wonder, and L'Ance au Meadows, the site of the oldest Viking settlement in North America. I want to go back someday.

Is Newfoundland on that list? Really, it's worth the effort. Amazing country with jaw-dropping scenery, geographically related to Spain; and lovely people. Not just one UNESCO World Heritage sites but two. Gros Morne National Park, a geological wonder, and L'Ance au Meadows, the site of the oldest Viking settlement in North America. I want to go back someday.
No, Newfoundland we haven’t hit yet. Plan to! So far ON, QC, NS, NB and PEI with the kids. I’ve also been to AB and SK, but we only count the states the whole family has been together on our camping list.

Back
Top Bottom