• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The AI/deep fake thread

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
Post any interesting or funny AI images and videos here. This thread is for FUN and casual conversation but no serious discussion of AI or debates or AI news, please. It's fun to just identify AI stuff but it's also good practice for spotting AI being used for deception and misinformation.

380761787_10226953257637503_2010042441136586351_n.jpg

I think the most interesting aspect of the question is perhaps Poe's Law. Humans will and do compete for the most effective misinformation so far.

It will be hard to tell at the boundary.

100k-ai-photos-thumb.jpg

I was okay until I looked closer at the kid.
CREE -PEE!!

Everybody's fingers are weird. The one on the left has hair that is big enough to have its own sunglasses and her glass seems to be growing out of her knee. The middle one, who looks like Conan O'Brien, her arm appears to also be the arm of right side lady's chair. And those crazy tattoos!
ai_old_ladies.jpg

The one on the left has six fingers, not including the thumb which I assume is behind the glass.

Many human artists, even some acknowleged as greats, have real difficulty with drawing or painting hands.
Sure, but they usually get the number of digits correct, yes?
Oh God no. Cartoonists often draw somewhere between three and five because it's easier drawing fewer.

The other day my husband was recounting the times he noticed he drew some weird shit with fingers.

I think the fact that so much human art has differing numbers of fingers is in fact one of the reasons why AI is so bad at it.

Many human artists, even some acknowleged as greats, have real difficulty with drawing or painting hands.
Oh God no. Cartoonists often draw somewhere between three and five because it's easier drawing fewer.

The other day my husband was recounting the times he noticed he drew some weird shit with fingers.

I think the fact that so much human art has differing numbers of fingers is in fact one of the reasons why AI is so bad at it.
Guess I wasn’t thinking of cartoons as I wasn’t expecting them to be going for realism necessarily.

The Simpsons was viewed with deep suspicion in Japan, because the cartoon characters had one fewer digit than normal, suggesting a link to the Jacuzzi*, who would often amputate the little fingers of individuals they suspected of disloyalty.

*I often confuse "Jacuzzi" and "Yakuza", and now I am in hot water with the Japanese mafia.

Holy shit though, of we're talking some AI horrors though...

Furry hands are even worse from AI sometimes because the models that are trained on furry art see things that are barely even hand-like much more frequently than hands get butchered in cartoons.

And don't get me started on the horror show going on below the belt in all the "adult artwork" people generate.

I don't know what I like more - the trunk bones, or the butt tusks.

mammothai.JPG

Back
Top Bottom