• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Christ Myth Theory

I see, Jesus was a Marxist?
It's the other way around, temporally speaking. Marx was raised in a Chriatian culture, and though he later deconverted from the faith of his youth, much of his thinking was shaped by Western philosophical and theological traditions. No one's philosophy appears ex nihilo, we are products of our time, place, and culture.
No shit Sherlock, really?

Utterly devoid of anything but dry academic facts.

It's the other way around, temporally speaking. Marx was raised in a Chriatian culture, and though he later deconverted from the faith of his youth, much of his thinking was shaped by Western philosophical and theological traditions. No one's philosophy appears ex nihilo, we are products of our time, place, and culture.

Glass houses, much? Your post contained nothing but a single, incorrect fact.

^Both Jesus and Marx are Jewish prophets, heralding the kingdom of heaven on earth, and proclaiming that the meek shall inherit the earth. This message is eternal and infinite.

Marx's actual words regarding religion deserve reflection. My best translation of those words is as follows: “Religion is the opium of the p

Glass houses, much? Your post contained nothing but a single, incorrect fact.

eople. It is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of our soulless conditions.”

More grade school school slap fighting?

You appear incapable of nuance and having discussion outside or wrote facts.

Let me connect the dots for you.My comment was directed at Robots and his use of Marxist terms. Marxism and religion are mutually exclusive. Apparently over your head.

And I was right, Robots has declared Marx and Jesus Jewish prophets.

You seem to think you are in some kind of battle of wits with me, not the case. If so it is all in your head.

You seem to think you are in some kind of battle of wits with me, not the case. If so it is all in your head...
...🚬 via poppy-somniferum i.e. “Religion Opium"!

Last edited:
And equally, effects do not pre-date their causes by nearly two millennia.

According to Evangelical Preachers, Jesus supported prosperity theology, the rich being wealthy because they are blessed by God. Where, I guess, the super rich are Gods own chosen people with a guaranteed ticket to Heaven.... good for them, no doubt, as long as there isn't another Angel revolt in progress.

It is therefore far more rational to see Marxism as a recent development in Judeo-Christian thought, not the other way around.

Last edited:
It is therefore far more rational to see Marxism as a recent development in Judeo-Christian thought, not the other way around.
Marx provides the scientific foundation. Moses, the prophets and Jesus provide the spiritual foundation. It is one cause, one destiny.

According to Evangelical Preachers, Jesus supported prosperity theology, the rich being wealthy because they are blessed by God. Where, I guess, the super rich are Gods own chosen people with a guaranteed ticket to Heaven.... good for them, no doubt, as long as there isn't another Angel revolt in progress.
It is called the success gospel. No more of that self moderation, god wants you to be rich.

Promoted by wealthy mega churches.

Lets see...

Jess the gay man.
Jesus the white European heterosexual man.
Jesus the capitalist.
Jesus the Marxist.
Jesus the rpublcan.
Jesus the progressive.

I do not see how Marxism can be seen as an evolution of Judaeo - Christian thought.

Considered the history of Christianity and Jews Judaeo - Christian does not men anything.

To a Chi-stain I would think Judaeo - Christian means the New Tetrameter and Christian interpretations of the Old Testament, not Jewish thought.

Te American Christian and Jewish rapprochement is new. I believe it is limned to Christian end times prostheses and the rebuking of the Jerusalem temple.

The European and Russian Christianity of the 19th century were arms of the sate,
oppressive.

It is understandable why the Russian communists were so harsh on religion.

I have not looked at anything by Robots' source, but Marxist-Christian and Marx and Jesus as equal prophets is new.

Cornel West is a communist in every way but name. He said he can not be Marxist because he is Christain.

It is called the success gospel. No more of that self moderation, god wants you to be rich.

Promoted by wealthy mega churches.

Yep, take out your wallet, give generously to the Church (the Pastor needs a new Jet), and your blessings shall be manifold.

Marjoe Gortner who was raised by a con artist Evangelical family wrote an expose on the religious profiteering.

His documentary is online. He revealed all the tech ques.

Lets see...

Jess the gay man.
Jesus the white European heterosexual man.
Jesus the capitalist.
Jesus the Marxist.
Jesus the rpublcan.
Jesus the progressive.

I do not see how Marxism can be seen as an evolution of Judaeo - Christian thought.

Considered the history of Christianity and Jews Judaeo - Christian does not men anything.

To a Chi-stain I would think Judaeo - Christian means the New Tetrameter and Christian interpretations of the Old Testament, not Jewish thought.

Te American Christian and Jewish rapprochement is new. I believe it is limned to Christian end times prostheses and the rebuking of the Jerusalem temple.

The European and Russian Christianity of the 19th century were arms of the sate,
oppressive.

It is understandable why the Russian communists were so harsh on religion.

I have not looked at anything by Robots' source, but Marxist-Christian and Marx and Jesus as equal prophets is new.

Cornel West is a communist in every way but name. He said he can not be Marxist because he is Christain.

Here is Harry Waton's answer:

Jews understood by the Kingdom of Heaven nothing else than a kingdom of God which will be realized on this earth, and which mankind will enjoy while they live. There is no doubt that this was the idea of the Kingdom of Heaven which the Jews always entertained, and which they still entertain. This being so, then when Jesus spoke of the Kingdom of Heaven he meant just what the Jews meant. In other words, Jesus actually meant the Kingdom of Heaven to be realized on this earth, and to be enjoyed by mankind while they live. Since this idea of Jesus is the soul and essence of Christianity, it clearly follows that the followers of Jesus perverted and distorted the idea of Jesus, and Christianity was and is only a perversion and distortion of the idea of Jesus. Since Jesus thought only of a Kingdom of Heaven to be realized on this earth, it follows that Christianity must identify itself with the material world, and cooperate with the revolutionary forces that work for the realization of the Kingdom of Heaven on earth for living humanity. Conrad Noel reaches the same conclusion which Professor Macmurray reached, namely, that Christianity must identify itself with Communism.

And here is Cornel West:

I’ve always believed that Christianity is a footnote to prophetic Judaism. It’s a very rich footnote, but the Jewishness of Jesus is fundamental. It’s central. And the coming out of the prophetic Judaic tradition is central and fundamental to Christianity. And unfortunately, given the vicious anti-Semitic dimensions of Christianity, the way it was invented and executed, there has been a distance from the radical Jewishness of Jesus.

West has only to acknowledge Marx as part of prophetic Judaism as here:

In crying for the poor, the oppressed and the disenfranchised, Marx picked up from where the prophets left off, as thousands of other Jews would later do, disproportionately represented among Russian, Polish, Hungarian, Czech, and Romanian revolutionaries; the Spanish Civil War’s foreign volunteers; South Africa’s anti-apartheid strugglers; and America’s civil rights, antiwar, and feminist crusaders.

Last edited:
West is one of those wackier prominent Christians.

He is a Marxist in all but name ranting against the USA but acts like a regular capitalist. Self promotion for profit

Her got kicked pit of Harvard and went to Purdue. It was big news in the day. He once called American blacks who went to school and mainstreamed in the economy 'Plantation Negros', if you understand what that means.

IMO the usual Christian situational ethics.

^Mythers evidently intend to keep things muddy, and indeed to besmirch everything they can. They intend to rob mankind of the very few individuals throughout history who have done anything at all to raise their fellows out of the mud. These few usually suffer for their efforts, with martyrdom not uncommon, and slander continuing even after that.

We don't have anything written by Jesus himself. What we have is a collection of books written decades after the described events. So how are we to know Jesus the man, what he was like, what he said or what he did?

^You start by learning something about Jewish literature. Much of the Talmud was generated about the same time as Jesus lived, and the Talmud remained entirely oral for two centuries after that. Yet I don't see anybody claiming that Hillel and Shammai are mythical. Nope, it's just Jesus who gets the full treatment from the mythomaniacs.

Back
Top Bottom