• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Deplorables are fighting back

You are projecting that I love Trump and hate Biden but that's not really how it is.
No, that is exactly how it is. You believe Trump won 2020 and Biden illegally stole the election. How many of your past posts do you want me to quote? You praised Trump for his economic prowess even though it was almost instantly debunked as bullshit. You clearly hold Biden to a different standard than Trump when it comes to warmongering.

I'm gonna come right out and say it, RVonse. You aren't and have never been informed. You have simply been motivated via misinformation. Literally every "media" outlet you have ever linked has always had an agenda (see:grift) that everyone else can see but you cannot. And whilst I suspect you would accuse me of being sheeple with that assessment I have been more right than you.

On a side note, how come you've stopped being so outraged about the border? You used to be so concerned about it, but now it's not on your radar. Am I right to assume Biden has fixed the "boarder"?

Last edited:
Back to the truckers: from the googling I just did, it sounds like this was a social media performance that never involved a meaningful number of drivers. "Chicago Ray", one of the early agitators, has apparently deleted his original tweet urging a boycott. And didn't this smell from the git-go like those calls to action from the Don himself, when he first started getting arrested? He called for street demonstrations -- which I don't hear him doing anymore -- that ended up being a few forlorn MAGA types standing on street corners, striving to be heard.

The Truckers Are Back...But This Time It's Different​

What this country needs is a good old-fashioned trucker boycott of democrat-run cities. The left needs to be reminded of who really runs this country. #MAGA #Trump2024 #TruckersForTrump

This will be interesting because the liberal intelligensia (example Hillary Clinton) despise the very MAGA people who keep them alive. Certainly not very intelligent on their part! My recommendation to the truckers; forget about NYC and instead concentrate efforts on Washington DC.
Cancel Culture at its finest!

What sort of tunnel vision is RVonse suffering from?

@RVonse -- which Party supports labor unions? Which political party pushed for tax cuts on the "elites"? Which political party do you think Wall St. banking elites support? You credit Trump with reducing reliance on Chinese manufacturers; what do you think of Trump-branded goods "Made in China"?

The cognitive dissonance affecting political discourse in the U.S.A. is flabbergasting!

You are projecting that I love Trump and hate Biden but that's not really how it is.
No, that is exactly how it is. You believe Trump won 2020 and Biden illegally stole the election. How many of your past posts do you want me to quote? You praised Trump for his economic prowess even though it was almost instantly debunked as bullshit. You clearly hold Biden to a different standard than Trump when it comes to warmongering.

I'm gonna come right out and say it, RVonse. You aren't and have never been informed. You have simply been motivated via misinformation. Literally every "media" outlet you have ever linked has always had an agenda (see:grift) that everyone else can see but you cannot. And whilst I suspect you would accuse me of being sheeple with that assessment I have been more right than you.

On a side note, how come you've stopped being so outraged about the border? You used to be so concerned about it, but now it's not on your radar. Am I right to assume Biden has fixed the "boarder"?
Some people live in houses with magic doors. All those doors are open and closed at the same time.

What exactly did Trump do for the working man, besides blow smoke up their asses?

Please tell me one thing Trump did for the working man.
He got us out of global trade with China. All by himself against incredible opposition from both parties, no smoke involved.
You are mistaken. Last year the US exported about $2.5 trillion of goods and services to China while importing about $3.3 trillion of goods snd services. Most if which was hauled across the US in trucks.
Yes it will take time for the eventual results of the Trump administration to be realized long after his term in office.

But historical facts simply can not be ignored. History tells us that Clinton (a democrat) was responsible for globalization with China and their acceptance into the WTO. And that Trump effectively ended this with USMCA.

This was and (will be) huge for the working man.

The world is not so simple as you make it out to be. Perhaps we can at least agree that there are serious problems to deal with today and that neither party is (or has been) effective in dealing with any of it.

. RVonse is a quasi-9/11 Truther, so their ability to observe is a bit in question.
Since when did searching for truth become a bad thing? I'm supposed to be insulted by being called a Truther? Does that mean our scientists in search of new discoveries are somehow bad because they are searching.....for the truth in our universe?

I don't get why you believe searching for the truth is somehow bad, especially in the political landscape (where we both know there is hardened corruption)?

Yes it will take time for the eventual results of the Trump administration to be realized long after his term in office.
We can see some of it already.
Acceptance of crazy "remedies" for a virus, while science is disrespected.
Treasonous insurrections made out to be 'legitimate political discourse'.
Acceptance of an insane Q narrative.
You can now simply say there was election fraud and be believed, no matter how stultifyingly stupid the claim is, no matter how many courts turn you down.
Acceptance of white supremacist groups.
Disrespect of the election system, the FBI, the court system, the jury system, even the U.S. Weather Service.
Cult worship of the felon and con man behind all the symptoms listed above.

I cannot imagine why you believe that trade wars and isolationism will be good for anyone, much less working class people.

Also, rapprochement with China, opening doors to political and trade agreements, was on President Nixon's list of accomplishments 50 years ago.
Tom

What exactly did Trump do for the working man, besides blow smoke up their asses?

He got us out of global trade with China. All by himself against incredible opposition from both parties, no smoke involved.
You are mistaken. Last year the US exported about $2.5 trillion of goods and services to China while importing about $3.3 trillion of goods snd services. Most if which was hauled across the US in trucks.

But historical facts simply can not be ignored. History tells us that Clinton (a democrat) was responsible for globalization with China and their acceptance into the WTO. And that Trump effectively ended this with USMCA.

Really? And you’re going to ignore the data I cited that Trump’s tariffs were a huge tax and burden on the working class?

You are extremely optimistic. Right now, China is investing in Mexico, so we will get Chinese products that are made in Mexico. Restricting trade makes us poorer as a nation. It raises the prices of the goods subject to trade restrictions which increases the costs to those users. While there are domestic gainers from such restrictions, there are many more domestic losers.

History tells us that Clinton (a democrat) was responsible for globalization with China and their acceptance into the WTO.
Here's another bit of history you could, perhaps, use.

In 1992, one of Candidate Bush' talking points against Clinton was "He won't sign NAFTA because he's in the back pocket of Big Labor!"
NAFTA was a Republican plan to invigorate our economy. After being elected, Clinton signed it much to the outrage of the blue collar workers and unions who supported him. Slick Willy threw them under the bus. Then took credit for the booming economy, which we did have (prior to the Bush administration).
Then, when it became a big problem Republicans only wanted to talk about who signed it. Not who crafted and promoted it.

And now, you know the rest of the story.
Tom

History tells us that Clinton (a democrat) was responsible for globalization with China and their acceptance into the WTO.
Here's another bit of history you could, perhaps, use.

In 1992, one of Candidate Bush' talking points against Clinton was "He won't sign NAFTA because he's in the back pocket of Big Labor!"
NAFTA was a Republican plan to invigorate our economy. After being elected, Clinton signed it much to the outrage of the blue collar workers and unions who supported him. Slick Willy threw them under the bus. Then took credit for the booming economy, which we did have (prior to the Bush administration).
Then, when it became a big problem Republicans only wanted to talk about who signed it. Not who crafted and promoted it.

And now, you know the rest of the story.
Tom
Indeed. The whole NAFTA 2.0 was really just NAFTA 1.1, with new features being added for stuff that didn't exist when NAFTA was crafted. NAFTA 1.1 was also negotiated in bad faith against Canada, behind their back.

Trump's tariffs with China didn't bring any jobs back to the US. Instead, there is pressure in the Asia with factories moving from China to Vietnam... not Alabama.

We can see some of it already.
Acceptance of crazy "remedies" for a virus, while science is disrespected.
Treasonous insurrections made out to be 'legitimate political discourse'.
Acceptance of an insane Q narrative.
You can now simply say there was election fraud and be believed, no matter how stultifyingly stupid the claim is, no matter how many courts turn you down.
Acceptance of white supremacist groups.
Disrespect of the election system, the FBI, the court system, the jury system, even the U.S. Weather Service.
Cult worship of the felon and con man behind all the symptoms listed above.
It occurs to me that I left out some major derangements of '17-'21. These drive me crazy:
> acceptance of nursery school-level name-calling as part of our national discourse; we can be grateful that few pols are imitating our juvenile 45th President in this
> siding with a thug like Putin over his victims
> the impropriety (putting it mildly) of Trump putting his son-in-law into an advisory position on the friggin' Mideast -- for which he had no training and expertise whatever -- with the aftermath of that son-in-law accepting TWO BILLION DOLLARS from the Saudis
> the incalculable number of deaths that can laid to Trump's account because of his miserable "leadership" during covid; the number must surely run into six figures and includes many of his followers who, on their deathbeds, shrieked at their doctors that covid was a hoax
> the alienation of our allies in Europe and the insane notion that we need to ditch NATO if "they won't pay their bills" (this from a legendary invoice shirker)
> disrespect for the military and mind-blowingly awful remarks about John McCain, from draft-dodger Trump
> loathsome misogyny
>racial bigotry, including his "Mexican judge" slur, that Paul Ryan called textbook racism
Trump has done more damage to this country than most wars we've fought.
I agree with Tucker Carlson: there's no upside to the Trump Administration.

So you would call this collective action on the part of the proetariat to improve their working conditions through direct action rather than through legal channels? Like a in a communist revolution?

Not a bunch of shills being used by the Trump regime to draw attention to his dumbass campaign?

If the former, what are their demands, that we might negotiate? If there are concrete problems with the trucking industry or how its workers are treated, I absolutely agree that those concerns are of grave importance to the entire nation.
There are problems in the industry--but the Republicans are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

. RVonse is a quasi-9/11 Truther, so their ability to observe is a bit in question.
Since when did searching for truth become a bad thing? I'm supposed to be insulted by being called a Truther? Does that mean our scientists in search of new discoveries are somehow bad because they are searching.....for the truth in our universe?

I don't get why you believe searching for the truth is somehow bad, especially in the political landscape (where we both know there is hardened corruption)?
Because the 9/11 Truthers weren't looking for truth. It's just another game of thinking they are superior because they found something that everyone else missed--never mind if what the found was true or not. Let's consider a couple of bits from the discussions long ago:

1) I recall a picture they were proclaiming was showing molten steel being pulled from the wreckage weeks later. Being picked up by heavy equipment holding the top of it. Really, now, you can pick up molten metal by grabbing the top of it? (And the reality is you can't see red heat in daylight anyway. It's pretty dim.)

2) In one of the discussions I compared the collapse energy to a suitcase nuke--I was simply trying to provide a scale but some on here (some older incarnation, I forget when this was) jumped on that as evidence that the towers were brought down by a nuke. (I was trying to show that no matter what the cause you will get pretty much the same results when a big building goes down as the vast majority of the energy is from falling material.)

Of course there was a coverup! Duh, what do you expect? When something big happens the pieces were there that would point to it--but nobody realized those pieces were important compared to all the other meaningless pieces. People don't understand that, though, and automatically blame the politicians. Hence an effort to hide the warning signs is basically inevitable.

Back
Top Bottom