• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Deplorables are fighting back

What exactly did Trump do for the working man, besides blow smoke up their asses?

Please tell me one thing Trump did for the working man.
He got us out of global trade with China. All by himself against incredible opposition from both parties, no smoke involved.

That feat alone is everything for the working man.
This is just utter nonsense. You don’t think we trade with China? Trade with China is huge. What he did was impose some tariffs — which are paid for in the form of higher prices that must be borne by consumers, with working stiffs and the poor affected most adversely. It don’t think you understand a thing about this.

It's like they're trying to be as deplorable as possible, just so they can complain abouf being called that. I mean, they don't actually want to be admired by Democrats, do they? The whole point is to offend.
I don't think they are going after offending anybody but they do want to demonstrate how important THEIR lowly jobs are to your survival. And they also want to send a message to the corrupt liberal NYC kangaroo courts there are other effective methods to fight back.
Why in the world do you think we don't appreciate someone work? That is super bizarre! You think this because we don't want a president who would deny women vital health care? We don't want a president who would overthrow elections. Not support alliances that have kept the world safe for 75 years? That's very odd...

What exactly did Trump do for the working man, besides blow smoke up their asses?

He got us out of global trade with China. All by himself against incredible opposition from both parties, no smoke involved.

This is just utter nonsense. You don’t think we trade with China? Trade with China is huge. What he did was impose some tariffs — which are paid for in the form of higher prices that must be borne by consumers, with working stiffs and the poor affected most adversely. It don’t think you understand a thing about this.
Tariffs are a fancy word for tax increases.

Here we go:

A May 2019 analysis conducted by CNBC found Trump's tariffs are equivalent to one of the largest tax increases in the U.S. in decades.[20][21][22] Studies have found that Trump's tariffs reduced real income in the United States, as well as adversely affecting U.S. GDP.[23][24][25]Some studies also concluded that the tariffs adversely affected Republican candidates in elections

See how simple it was to check the facts?

A real working-class hero, your orange golem is. :rofl:

It's like they're trying to be as deplorable as possible, just so they can complain abouf being called that. I mean, they don't actually want to be admired by Democrats, do they? The whole point is to offend.
I don't think they are going after offending anybody but they do want to demonstrate how important THEIR lowly jobs are to your survival. And they also want to send a message to the corrupt liberal NYC kangaroo courts there are other effective methods to fight back.
So you would call this collective action on the part of the proetariat to improve their working conditions through direct action rather than through legal channels? Like a in a communist revolution?

Not a bunch of shills being used by the Trump regime to draw attention to his dumbass campaign?

If the former, what are their demands, that we might negotiate? If there are concrete problems with the trucking industry or how its workers are treated, I absolutely agree that those concerns are of grave importance to the entire nation.

So you would call this collective action on the part of the proetariat to improve their working conditions through direct action rather than through legal channels? Like a in a communist revolution?

Not a bunch of shills being used by the Trump regime to draw attention to his dumbass campaign?

If the former, what are their demands, that we might negotiate? If there are concrete problems with the trucking industry or how its workers are treated, I absolutely agree that those concerns are of grave importance to the entire nation.

No, no, no, you got it all wrong. The guy in charge of this event has already backed down. That's because too many "job creators" would get mad at their profit levels declining. The spice must flow! So, now, the best remaining way for them to show support for the labor movement of truckers is to buy one of the limited edition high-top Trump sneakers on ebay or the cologne at the website or donate to Trump's defense on the gofundme page. This will help to drain the swamp of rich people making money off the working poor.

Trade with China was lower in 2023 under Biden than Trump's lowest year 2020.

I notice you cut out a lot of my post. I take that it was too factual for you to counter so it's best to ignore.

This is the exact issue I was talking about in the paragraph you cut. You're focused so much on defending the cult of personality that is Trump that you reject the obviously and pragmatically better for your interests that is Biden. It's not that you cannot see it, it's you do not want to see it.

Last edited:

You are mistaken. Last year the US exported about $2.5 trillion of goods and services to China while importing about $3.3 trillion of goods snd services. Most if which was hauled across the US in trucks.

I notice you cut out a lot of my post. I take that it was too factual for you to counter so it's best to ignore.
You are projecting that I love Trump and hate Biden but that's not really how it is. I simply left what I felt you were incorrect with as context because I felt that was worth further discussion. Nothing more than that, because IMO our posts get too long and complicated otherwise.

You are projecting that I love Trump and hate Biden but that's not really how it is. I simply left what I felt you were incorrect with as context because I felt that was worth further discussion. Nothing more than that, because IMO our posts get too long and complicated otherwise.
Were you going to respond to all the rebuttals of your tariff claims?

China is building manufacturing plants in Mexico because Mexico has become our number one import source. Of course, that's just measuring stuff across a border, not accounting for who actually owns and operates the manufacturing source. Pretty soon we're going to have to get rid of our trade ties with Mexico too. Then who? Canada? Toyota trucks built in the U.S. support more domestic workers than Dodge trucks. Which one is Joe Trumper going to say suppprts their concerns. Are they just daff? Perhaps.

The fundamental problem with Joe and Jane Trumpers is that they are easily manipulated to vote against their own economic self interests. They simply have no appreciation for global macroeconomics and tend to be nationalistic to a fault. If it were not for liberal democratic legislation over decades they'd really have problems. But such legislation has gotten them out of poverty and desperation so they think they can vote idealistically. They're just dumbasses when they do this. They send their money to billionaires like it's going to church instead of thinking of their families economic interests.

Why in the world do you think we don't appreciate someone work? That is super bizarre! You think this because we don't want a president who would deny women vital health care? We don't want a president who would overthrow elections. Not support alliances that have kept the world safe for 75 years? That's very odd...
Their worldview is skewed by the endless bullshit that they have consumed over the years. RVonse is a quasi-9/11 Truther, so their ability to observe is a bit in question.

You are mistaken. Last year the US exported about $2.5 trillion of goods and services to China while importing about $3.3 trillion of goods snd services. Most if which was hauled across the US in trucks.
What? That can't be true (says the "I don't support Trump, but isn't he great?" guy)! Trump completely shut down all trade with China! Why do you think Ivanka is still mad at him? And...and...and he totally shut down the boarder (intentional misspelling)! There were no migrant workers during his term, and farmers loved hiring Americans to pick crops! Why, there were so many open jobs that crops were left to rot in the fields! That's how good things were! Until Joe Biden came along, caused Covid, and plunged the nation into a depression. When Trump gets back in the White House, we'll end all trade with China again, and can you imagine the number of surplus Buicks that will become available?! Soon everyone will be able to buy the new Envista, because we won't be shipping them over to Communist China!

Toyota trucks built in the U.S. support more domestic workers than Dodge trucks.
This reminds me of an episode from way back in the late 80s.
An old high school friend set out to buy her first new car. Nothing fancy, but she was adamant, had to be American. Ford, Chrysler, and Chevy were the only ones considered. Her whole family was that way.
She picked a Ford Fiesta. Great little car.

At at the time I had subscriptions to a bunch of car magazines. One, Motor Trend I think, had an article about the degrees of "importedness' amongst various auto models, rating them for level of American value in the finished product. Fiesta was very low, several Japanese models were much more American Made. Her car was assembled in Mexico, primarily with a motor from Japan, and body panels from China. American workers basically installed the upholstery and interior trim, then stuck a Ford badge on it. The car was less than 10% American Made.
She didn't like finding out all that.

But it kinda goes to the problem of figuring out what is domestic and what is foreign in a global economy.
Tom

His tariffs also fucked the American wheat farmer.
Wheat or soy?
Maybe both, but I definitely remember a big deal about soy. The Trump administration had to create over $12B in federal debt to subsidize soy farmers after China retaliated against Trump with targeted tariffs of their own. Clever folks that they are, they put steep tariffs on soy, knowing how many soy farmers were Trump supporters. They crashed the commodity price for USA grown soy beans, quite spectacularly.
Tom

The Truckers Are Back...But This Time It's Different​

What this country needs is a good old-fashioned trucker boycott of democrat-run cities. The left needs to be reminded of who really runs this country. #MAGA #Trump2024 #TruckersForTrump

This will be interesting because the liberal intelligensia (example Hillary Clinton) despise the very MAGA people who keep them alive. Certainly not very intelligent on their part! My recommendation to the truckers; forget about NYC and instead concentrate efforts on Washington DC.
Cancel Culture at its finest!

His tariffs also fucked the American wheat farmer.
Wheat or soy?
Maybe both, but I definitely remember a big deal about soy. The Trump administration had to create over $12B in federal debt to subsidize soy farmers after China retaliated against Trump with targeted tariffs of their own. Clever folks that they are, they put steep tariffs on soy, knowing how many soy farmers were Trump supporters. They crashed the commodity price for USA grown soy beans, quite spectacularly.
Tom

Well, you see...soy is what tofu is made of, so naturally no "real" Americans eat it. As such, how could crashing the commodity price for such a wussy product hurt America? This country was built on oil, beef (good for making hamberders) and V8 engines! We don't need soy products!

Toyota trucks built in the U.S. support more domestic workers than Dodge trucks. Which one is Joe Trumper going to say suppprts their concerns. Are they just daff? Perhaps.
DAF trucks are Dutch, so the foreign powers have Joe Trumper over a barrel on this one ;)

Back
Top Bottom