• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Deplorables are fighting back

. RVonse is a quasi-9/11 Truther, so their ability to observe is a bit in question.
Since when did searching for truth become a bad thing? I'm supposed to be insulted by being called a Truther? Does that mean our scientists in search of new discoveries are somehow bad because they are searching.....for the truth in our universe?

I don't get why you believe searching for the truth is somehow bad, especially in the political landscape (where we both know there is hardened corruption)?

A jellyfish is not a type of fish; a butterfly pea is not a type of butterfly; and Politesse did not use "9/11 Truther" in the sense of a seeker of truth. (He did prepend a "quasi", perhaps to tone down any apparent insult.)

The suggestion, I think, is that some of us are -- in the words of a famous Johnny Lee song -- "Looking for truth in all the wrong places."

The elites have nothing but contempt for the working classes.
When did the “Liberal Intelligentsia” become “The elites”?
When was Trump every anything other than a member of "the elites"?
He was a member of the donor class, not the political class. The donor class is allowed to run for the sake of some book deal or business deal, but are expected to not win because they are not part of the political class.

Sure the donor class is also above the peasants, but not as much above as the political class.

Sure the donor class is also above the peasants, but not as much above as the political class.
That's not how I see it.
The donor class are people who don't bother with the expense and scrutiny that comes with running for office. Why bother, when you can just buy a few politicians?
Tom

That's not how I see it.
The donor class are people who don't bother with the expense and scrutiny that comes with running for office. Why bother, when you can just buy a few politicians?
Tom
What cracks me up is that 'ole Jason is making excuses. "Yeah, the donor class rents politicians and buys judges, but they ain't so bad as...the politicians and judges! They're just working the system for their own benefit and screwing over everyone else...and what's so wrong with that?"

That's not how I see it.
Tom
What cracks me up is that 'ole Jason is making excuses. "Yeah, the donor class rents politicians and buys judges, but they ain't so bad as...the politicians and judges! They're just working the system for their own benefit and screwing over everyone else...and what's so wrong with that?"
So that's what I'm doing. I didn't know.

That's not how I see it.
Tom
What cracks me up is the excuses the left liberals make when they say "Our party is not corrupt but YOURS is!! Vote for us because we are less corrupt then they are!" "We are the knights in white shining armor working with the trade unions as we conspire to ship out American jobs to China with the world trade organization!" "Globalization is great! Look at all the cheap crap from China you bought and saved money on.....wash machines and refrigerators that only run 3-4 years before they get thrown into the landfills. Putting Maytag Washers that used to have a lifespan of 20+ years out of business was great for America wasn't it!!" "Kudo's for Obama and his TPP, screw Trump and his tariffs!!!"

All of Washington is corrupt with little very difference between the parties. And I think that most of America knows this too but is at this point helpless as what to do about it. They'll try anything at this point even if the choice is a divisive ego maniac who talks like a 4th grader.

So when I write that the political class is the top class, and the donor class is below them but above the regular people, some that is twisted into support of Trump.

There are "donors" and there are "DONORS." The "Deplorables" who buy seventeen MAGA hats for $7 each may be donors, but they're not DONORS.

Charles Koch is a DONOR. Do you think he is inferior to Ted Cruz and Moscow Mitch McConnell? Or are they working for him?

Many Trumplickers view Trump as a sort of superhero who clears the swamp of "bad" DONORS, etc. To the extent that you place the "political class" (whatever that means) on top of the "donor class" (whatever you think that means) it is natural to question your viewpoint. One solution is to assume you've bought into some of the Trumpist propaganda. I don't think you have, but if not, how does your peculiar viewpoint arise?

You people have a sever case of TDS.

Oh my. Is this what rational-thinkers must put up with? Rational discussion of political issues gets branded as TDS?

What else do these Deplorables want that they will fight for?

Oh my. Is this what rational-thinkers must put up with? Rational discussion of political issues gets branded as TDS?

:lol: This forum in 99.9% TDS.

Many Trumplickers view Trump as a sort of superhero who clears the swamp of "bad" DONORS, etc. To the extent that you place the "political class" (whatever that means) on top of the "donor class" (whatever you think that means) it is natural to question your viewpoint. One solution is to assume you've bought into some of the Trumpist propaganda. I don't think you have, but if not, how does your peculiar viewpoint arise?

You’re hilarious. :hysterical:

So when I write that the political class is the top class, and the donor class is below them but above the regular people, some that is twisted into support of Trump.

You people have a sever case of TDS.
Donor class is writing the legislation and picking judges via ALEC, Heartland, Heritage, etc... Political "class" is just stooges like MTG, Gaetz, etc...Somehow Rvonse wants us to believe that the party of the McConnell, Ryan, Trump billionaire tax giveaway of 2017 is for the working class.

This statement of his on page one was hilarious. Those stock buy-backs and such after the big tax gift wasn't for the paper pushers at all.
IMHO, something has gone terribly wrong with our society that we reward and celebrate individuals who trade stocks and paper....

"We are the knights in white shining armor working with the trade unions as we conspire to ship out American jobs to China with the world trade organization!"

I don't know who you're quoting here but it's, "knights in shining armor" or "knights in white satin". Pick one. I'd go with The Moody Blues but that's just me.
Knights in White Satin is a 1976 album composed, produced and performed by Giorgio Moroder.

The Moody Blues song is Nights in White Satin.

"We are the knights in white shining armor working with the trade unions as we conspire to ship out American jobs to China with the world trade organization!"

I don't know who you're quoting here but it's, "knights in shining armor" or "knights in white satin". Pick one. I'd go with The Moody Blues but that's just me.
Knights in White Satin is a 1976 album composed, produced and performed by Giorgio Moroder.

Shame.jpg

What else do these Deplorables want that they will fight for?

View attachment 45469
Don't feel bad. I made a mix tape back in the '80's and I labeled that Moody Blues song, "Knights in White Satin". My roommate laughed his ass off when he saw that. I was reknowned as being fairly ignorant and inexperienced with all things ladies & romance, and that sure didn't help any.

Assuming "Deplorables" means "Deplorable Trump supporters" three interviews in this Youtube are relevant to this thread and are must-watch. Start from the 9:10 mark to see the interviews.
.​

The cognitive-dissonance coupled with glib intelligent-seeming judgements is truly impressive. Probably not an unbiased sample, but these three ... they what? Is their pathology listed in DSM-V?

Back
Top Bottom