• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The MAGA world really is this stupid - Hurricanes caused by Biden

Actual Trumpists are closer to a third of the population, but I agree they are a very alarming third
Particularly as they appear to be close to half of the voting population.

If the polls were 63:33 Harris:Trump, and not 48:46, the electoral college wouldn't be an issue, and the biggest worry would be D voters not bothering to turn out, because they expect to win in a landslide.

Actual Trumpists are closer to a third of the population, but I agree they are a very alarming third

If the polls were 63:33 Harris:Trump, and not 48:46, the electoral college wouldn't be an issue, and the biggest worry would be D voters not bothering to turn out, because they expect to win in a landslide.
It's a bit more complicated than you're implying. I would be rather incensed to be described as a "Harris supporter", but I nevertheless voted for her yesterday. And though I have no great love of anyone who has just voted for Trump in a similar fashion, I'm mature enough to understand that not all them are as such members of his cult. Hell, if I thought they were, I would already have given in to despair. But the national vote is a contrived, constrained game. Altogether designed and frequently readjusted to result in a roughly 50/50 divide in most elections.

It's a bit more complicated than you're implying. I would be rather incensed to be described as a "Harris supporter", but I nevertheless voted for her yesterday. And though I have no great love of anyone who has just voted for Trump in a similar fashion, I'm mature enough to understand that not all them are as such members of his cult. Hell, if I thought they were, I would already have given in to despair. But the national vote is a contrived, constrained game. Altogether designed and frequently readjusted to result in a roughly 50/50 divide in most elections.
Please tell me more about this design and readjustment.

Please tell me more about this design and readjustment.
Culturally, the idea of a partisan moiety split along urban/rural and liberal/conservative lines is finely engrained and constantly enforced by both religious and familial intergenerational pressure. Organizationally, the system doesn't really admit the possibility of a third party challenge. Institutionally, the party dominant in each state is permitted to periodically redraw the electoral district map in such a way as to preserve their current advantage, a game which is played most effectively in the most populous and populationally various states. As well as setting the tone for educational policy, local media, and other factors conducive to consensus building.

Last edited:
Remember, with them every accusation is a confession. They know they caused the storms to be stronger from warming.

Back
Top Bottom