• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Minds of Trump Supporters

SLD

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Freethinker
These people worship him like Jesus. He’s being sacrificed for their sins. But not mine apparently.

I went to Trump’s Facebook page to read the comments. Here is a small sample:

IMG_6784.jpeg

IMG_6783.jpeg

I’d like to hear some serious psychoanalysis of these people. But in the end, he’s just picking up people that the Dems discarded.

It is a mix of you don't know which of these posters are legit (Phuong Dung Le... I don't think so, that post is way too coherent and designed), populism, and generalized in too deep justifications.

He is a cult of personality. They gave the rich successful billionaire hundreds of millions of their hard earned dollar. All because he says mean shit they want people to say about the other people they don't like. And they think he is protecting their way of life. These people are paranoid about risks that don't actually exist, that the right-wing media has driven into their heads.

If Trump entered a church, he’d probably burst into flames. Maybe he can be tricked into thinking it’s a new burger joint.

Victimhood and paranoia. Oh pity me. but those mean people who victimize me have to be punished. Blah blah blah....

On a neurological level we see a lot of prefontal cortices making a lot of impulsive, emotional decisions, not making rational objective observations and conclusions. It's kinda like falling in love with yourself. Quite natural, though not so desirable.

1) Education level and respect for education. Their hero can't spell council, marine corps (he thinks it's a core of some sort), his wife's name, border, smoking, or hamburger. He also hasn't mastered the intricacies of there/their/they're.
2) No one is born Republican. It's a sick and immoral lifestyle, but they choose it.
3) They are notoriously soft on crime and quite recently have been inventing rationalizations for violent criminal rioters.
4) They spend like Michael Jackson on Jesus Juice. In this century, they had us in two simultaneous wars and put both wars on the national credit card.
5) In general, as has been noted, Republicans are rapists and murderers, with, I assume, some very fine people.

Reactions: SLD
I think a lot of right wingers are heavy on the fear factor. Fear of poverty, fear of crime, fear of going to hell after angering God.... and so on.

Because of their strong sense of fear they can only really care about close family members and even then it can be a harsh sense of caring.

They want everyone to know their place. God is on top, then the government, man over wife, adult over kids.

Morality. They want everyone to follow a strict code of morality that falls into the psychology mentioned above. And morality is not just about right action but people knowing their place.

America is the best country and our culture, Anglo that is, is the best there is. It's because we worked hard to make it that way and had the right morals, religion and blessing, ect.

The rich are looked up to because they climbed to the top in this rough and tumble world. Also, the non-rich MAGA want to be rich one day too and think they can. Also, they know subconsciously that wealth brings a lot of solutions to things they fear---poverty, getting good health care when needed, education, ect. You must be smart to gain freedom from these fears through acquirement of wealth so are worthy of deference and power.

Minorities are human but they do not deserve as much respect as "our culture" because our culture made America the most powerful nation, go to the moon, ect.

Everyone should work make their own money and not be forced to help or care about anyone else. Life is tough enough as it is supporting your own family

I think a lot of right wingers are heavy on the fear factor. Fear of poverty, fear of crime, fear of going to hell after angering God.... and so on.

Because of their strong sense of fear they can only really care about close family members and even then it can be a harsh sense of caring.

They want everyone to know their place. God is on top, then the government, man over wife, adult over kids.

Morality. They want everyone to follow a strict code of morality that falls into the psychology mentioned above. And morality is not just about right action but people knowing their place.

America is the best country and our culture, Anglo that is, is the best there is. It's because we worked hard to make it that way and had the right morals, religion and blessing, ect.

The rich are looked up to because they climbed to the top in this rough and tumble world. Also, the non-rich MAGA want to be rich one day too and think they can. Also, they know subconsciously that wealth brings a lot of solutions to things they fear---poverty, getting good health care when needed, education, ect. You must be smart to gain freedom from these fears through acquirement of wealth so are worthy of deference and power.

Minorities are human but they do not deserve as much respect as "our culture" because our culture made America the most powerful nation, go to the moon, ect.

Everyone should work make their own money and not be forced to help or care about anyone else. Life is tough enough as it is supporting your own family
One thing I would add is that they have a sense that they are superior to those who have different views and opinions, whom they view as a threat. Maybe they are incapable of mastering the cognitive skills required to be an adult. In this sense they are anything but egalitarian. Within their group all can be well but the notion that they should respect others, even those with whom they disagree does not happen. Huey Long said "every man a king... acres and acres of diamonds." He said that everyone is deserving and is being cheated by a system, a great fear peddler.

I also think that without that vertical hierarchy such people feel lost and are insecure, a very childish notion that may reflect the early years of their lives, an insecurity and fear that has never matured.

Victimhood and paranoia. Oh pity me. but those mean people who victimize me have to be punished. Blah blah blah....
The most surprising part of Trump's political existence is his insistence that he is a victim. Only high end populists seem to get to say this. Imagine Clinton saying that Trump wasn't being fair to her in 2016, or Obama complaining about the race/religion baiting against him in 2008. The people supporting Trump would say those two aren't built for politics, they can't take the heat.

But when Trump complains, they empathize with him. Only him. McConnell wouldn't get away with. Rubio wouldn't have. DeSantis wouldn't. His cry of victimhood is met with his supporters cries of victimhood (some legitimate economic, others illegitimate racist crap). And that pairs together apparently. The cries of a quasi-billionaire who sucks at business and has gotten away with endless amounts of grift and unethical behavior... and people who think he cares about them.
If Trump entered a church, he’d probably burst into flames. Maybe he can be tricked into thinking it’s a new burger joint.
Golden arches with a Methodist Church could work, but he has held a Bible for a photoshoot and it didn't burn, so I'm not particularly hopeful.

Quoted from a poster above:

1) Education level and respect for education. Their hero can't spell council, marine corps (he thinks it's a core of some sort), his wife's name, border, smoking, or hamburger. He also hasn't mastered the intricacies of there/their/they're.
MAGA Friend:

"The free market system sorts the wheat from the chaff, the strong from the weak. If I, a John Deer repairman, can make a good living and have a nice house then my occasional spelling mishap must not be that big a deal afterall. Also, since the world is a tough place who are people who work jobs paid for by the government like professors or teachers to think they have any right to look down on me. I'm actually superior to them because I made my living on the market where as they parasite off the government teat. If they were so great and so smart they would be able to sell their skills on the free market and not need government subsidy."

A book called Narcisssistic Process and Corporate Decay has a real life example of this type of dangerous thinking. Scientists at NASA had concerns about the space shuttle Challenger going up on day in 1986. They voiced their concerns about safety to the director of NASA. The director of NASA didn't know what to do so he asked President Reagan about it. Reagan, or his staffer called back and told the director of NASA that he thought it was safe enough to make the trip to space. And we all know the Challenger went kaboom a few minutes after take off. When the director was asked why he didnt listen to his scientists he said that the chances of something happening were low but high enough he wanted another opinion. He asked Reagan reasoning that Reagan knew best because he was president, and if those scientists were so smart why weren't they president and not so low on the totem pole below a president.

This is how a lot of conservative folks think. I know one lady who works at a hospital. She told me she has had patients ask her why a new nurse or doctor isn't made to be a janitor for at least a few months before doing nurse or doctor duties. How can they know the place and what to do since they are new?

2) No one is born Republican. It's a sick and immoral lifestyle, but they choose it.

Most people vote Republican because they fear change. Also, the modern Republican party knows that a big chunk of voters will vote their values and not their best interests and will do everything, throw everything, at the voters hoping to bond with them on some moral issue and get their vote.

3) They are notoriously soft on crime and quite recently have been inventing rationalizations for violent criminal rioters.

Leaders are special, deserving of special status. They earned it by their accomplishments and by their contributions proving they are better than others. Its okay if they break some rules and shouldn't have to feel they are bound by them. They earned their special status. Also, part of morality is people knowing their place. It isn't right for those lower on the totem pole to challenge those above them.

4) They spend like Michael Jackson on Jesus Juice. In this century, they had us in two simultaneous wars and put both wars on the national credit card.

To do differently would be to raise taxes. The people who work hard and are productive should not have to pay higher taxes. If the people on the left want social benefits they can pay the higher taxes or they can pay off the national debt that is incurred for their programs.

5) In general, as has been noted, Republicans are rapists and murderers, with, I assume, some very fine people.

But the blood of Jaysus washes it away......

Leaders are special, deserving of special status. They earned it by their accomplishments and by their contributions proving they are better than others. Its okay if they break some rules and shouldn't have to feel they are bound by them. They earned their special status. Also, part of morality is people knowing their place. It isn't right for those lower on the totem pole to challenge those above them.
The Germans called this Führerprinzip.

In every organisation, a leader who cannot be questioned, because if you were good enough to question him, you would already be in his place.

It dropped out of favour in Germany in the mid 1940s, for some reason.

The Germans called this Führerprinzip.

In every organisation, a leader who cannot be questioned, because if you were good enough to question him, you would already be in his place.

It dropped out of favour in Germany in the mid 1940s, for some reason.
Political Science was my minor when I went to university back in the mid 90's. The political science profs hammered in the fact that while the US had elections and so forth the majority of the public was authoritarian leaning in mindset.

And sad to say if Trump really is going to try to take over as dictator with the wealthy elite and fundamentalists Christians behind him there isn't going to be "for some reason" it gets put away like it did in Germany in the middle forties. We are just too militarily powerful with a population used to living high and having high expectations to just roll over and take anything from the rest of the world.

I just got back from Home Depot. Some halfwit in a Trump hat had to interrupt when I was checking out because he was worried about “those criminals” that just walked by. “They're all criminals” he said as he demanded the attention of the cashier that was scanning my items and interacting with my dog to break the boredom of a near empty store during the Super Bowl. I felt bad leaving her there because he was still going when we left.

I just got back from Home Depot. Some halfwit in a Trump hat had to interrupt when I was checking out because he was worried about “those criminals” that just walked by. “They're all criminals” he said as he demanded the attention of the cashier that was scanning my items and interacting with my dog to break the boredom of a near empty store during the Super Bowl. I felt bad leaving her there because he was still going when we left.
Just say, dude, shut the fuck up. Nobody wants to hear your bullshit.

And no point in watching the Super Bowl because it was obviously rigged by Taylor Swift, am I right?

And no point in watching the Super Bowl because it was obviously rigged by Taylor Swift, am I right?
Yes. She looked to be group texting with the refs and the owners using one of those neuralinks from Elon Musk, who obviously was in the same group text.

Shouldn't they have done the curse at the beginning of the game and won in a landslide?

Back
Top Bottom